Alright, anything I should know going in?

Wii games finally cheap enough for me to start picking 'em up so getting into a bunch of games I've always had my eye on.

First up is Resident Evil 4. Anything I should do/not do to get the best experience out of this thing? Any broken as fuck weapons I should skip using for better tension? Shit like that.

Heard good things about it so want to try and get the best first run out of it I can

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4JI01J6YvjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get a fucking job man.

Shoot the fishy.

Play the game normally then play on professional mode unlocked after you beat it

Oh I do. I am just cripplingly cheap.

>Waiting for games to go cheap on the easiest console ever to mod

Jesus christ man if you have an external harddrive and an SD card you're set.

Be prepared for a game that is decent but has terrible pacing. The Wii version at least has pretty decent controls.

That's the best version of RE4, so good job.

>don't sell jewels, combine them with other treasures
>sell the pistol you get for shooting medallions and buy a Red9
>keep the default shotgun and sell the Riot Gun
>never buy a Broken Butterfly, as there's a free one in the castle.
>don't buy the Mine Thrower

>First up is Resident Evil 4. Anything I should do/not do to get the best experience out of this thing? Any broken as fuck weapons I should skip using for better tension? Shit like that.

If it's your first time playing RE4, don't play the Wii version because it's stupidly easy compared to the originals. It breaks the game because you have advanced aiming capability but the enemies are still designed around the shittiness of analog aiming, so unless it's your first ever third person shooter, you'll quickly become a literal master. Play the Wii version after you play the original.
And softmod your Wii already. Fuck. Buying Wii games in 2017.

Noted. Thanks.

JUST
PLAY
THE
FUCKING
GAME

>Wii games finally cheap enough for me to start picking 'em up so getting into a bunch of games I've always had my eye on.
They were free since years ago you fucking pleb

No problem. Have fun, man.

Also, you should get the Chronicles games if you like rail shooters.

Honestly part of the reason why I was looking for anything to avoid for making it any easier because the controls are obviously amazing as fuck with the wiimotes. I'm all for skipping certain weapons or upgrades or such to balance it out, just curious which ones would be best to do so

Yeah grabbed Umbrella Chronicles, Dead Space Extraction (Damn that coop is nice) and House of the Dead Overkill so far on that front. Was never a huge fan of onrails before but these games are making me one.

Sweet. I have Extraction for PS3, and I've been meaning to get into the House of the Dead games.

>Honestly I'm a casual
okay
I guess you should just use the starting handgun to balance it out then

My mom just got a wii from a friend and says games are hard to find. I told her she needs to look online and should get RE4 because she likes horror so hopefully see how that goes.

Came with Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy, Lego Star Wars, and Wii Sports Resort so her friend had some taste.

She uses it as a Netflix machine and it hurts.

>Lego Star Wars
I used to play those before they added the voice acting.

I did a our of pawn shops for the games personally, about $3 apiece, half of them in literal mint condition (Christ Madworld was still in the shrinkwrap). Was a great resource but also the ONLY place for them to be found.

>Madworld
Oh shit, dawg.

You can still use a gamecube controller on the Wii. I would HIGHLY recommend doing that. If you are a scrub and don't care though/cant buy one yeah use the wii remote and nunchuck for an easy going time.

Good to know. Will keep an eye out for a wireless one.

>Madworld

Lucky son of a bitch that's appealed to me but I've never owned a wii and seeing it emulated online is just wrong without the motion controls. I'll tell her to check pawnshops since she literally has no taste in games and picked up shovelware from gamestop because they were cheap.

I didn't even know that Rango had a game adaptation.

>recommending inferior controls

I don't know if you are cheap. If you were really cheap you would just either emulate the game or play backups on the wii

>buying wii games
how dumb are you?

True, my cheapness is tempered by my love of my vidya shelf and retail copies. So I instead keep many, many years behind for the best of both worlds.

>own a wii
>games for it are super cheap
What's so bad about buying them if you already own the system?

because you can literally buy an external hard drive or sd card and fill it with games you download your retard

>muh digital
Fuck off.

>Ruining your first experience
Why would you ask how to play the game for the first time? Just going in blind and have fun, worry about doing it better later.

i cant believe someone can be this dumb

What part of "super cheap" do you not understand? Some people prefer physical, anyway.

what part of FREE didn't you understand

this. ill never understand these threads

>buy a game
>instead of just playing it, the first thing you do is go to Sup Forums and ask for tips instead of just uncovering shit yourself

>FREE
>don't get the case or disc, which are both really cheap - almost free

What part of user likes doing things user's way?

Pull out your knife, tell Ashley to wait behind you and then point the camera up.

Why not play the ultimate version on PC? At least wait till this texture mod gets released.

youtube.com/watch?v=4JI01J6YvjI

Even if you own the physical copies of games, you can rip them to an external hard drive using homebrew. It's way more convenient and it will save your disc drive laser from dying trying to read those dual layered discs.

This. No excuse not to be using the Steam version.

Also,
>Red9 is your friend
>TMP is good for stunlocking the headcrab enemies
>Shoot in knees, kick them over, knife them to save ammo