Prey

>"space dungeon game"
>difficult
>trauma system (breaking bones, burns)
>weapon durability
>lots of side content

Why aren't you excited for System Shock by Arkane?

youtube.com/watch?v=c9UvrqV1O0Y

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6WayqYxQeDE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- I will buy literally every single game Arkane makes. They are one of the only devs on earth that are consistently excellent. I have NEVER been disappointed in an Arkane game. In fact, each new one blows me away and destroys my expectations. Dishonored 2 was one of the best games I've ever played. Very much looking forward to Prey. (Even though the canceled Prey 2 looked cooler.)

Cautious optimism. Same as ever.

Maybe a little more than usual since it's Arkane.

It looks pretty fun.

DONT CALL IT PREY FFS

prey was a cool neat game

this shouldve been called something else

It looks good and I'll probably buy it. Still, I'm mad at what happened to the original Prey dev and how they completely rebooted the universe.

Because it looks boring.

immersive sims are not for you then

I personally love deus ex, thief, system shock, arx etc. and this game looks like a godsent

Enemy design is boring so far.

The first 2 Thief games are my favorite games by far. I have hundreds of hours in them and I'm learning to make custom levels for them now. And I also love Deus Ex, Ultima UW, Terra Nova, System Shock, and Dishonored and Arx Fatalis are also cool. But the gameplay footage for Prey doesn't appeal to me at all. I know what they're going for but something isn't right, and I can't put my finger on it. For what it's worth, I wasn't hyped for Prey 2.

》For what it's worth, I wasn't hyped for Prey 2.
it's pretty soulless like the rest of their games. they insert a number of mechanics in their games but they feel good as a whole. dishonored's stealth is lackluster compared to theif.

they don't feel good***

So it's not a sequel?

>The new Prey is not a true sequel but instead a "a reimagining of the IP", according to Colantonio.[14]

Looks cool but won't be buying because of Denuvo.
DRM is fine for multiplayer but if my internet goes down or Denuvo goes out of business I should still be able to play my game.
And no I don't really want to go through the hassle of downloading a crack after buying the game, might as well just pirate it at that point.

>giving it the 10 Cloverfield Lane treatment
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Gotta say, that video actually made me pretty excited for it.

Say, I wanna replay Prey 1. Is there a mod that limits or removes this infinite revives thing?

no. you are just gonna deal with the fact it isn't a good game.

Nope, sorry Denuvocucks.

>Arx Fatalis in space
>Chris Avellone working on it

sold

looks ok
the fear is that it will be far too scripted and be loaded with contextual sync animations etc rather than being a dynamic interactive experience
why not? the name itself is ambiguous enough, it's not like the original prey launched a big franchise or anything

it's a soft reboot. just like pretty much everything these days.
*tips fedorah*

Must be why I rarely buy anything these days.

Stop shilling.

It's not a soft reboot, It's not related to the original in any way shape or form

>weapon durability

t. casual

Weapon durability is not a skillful or thoughtful mechanic. It exists to create tedium and frustration. There are better ways to limit a player's usage of a weapon.

>Dishonored
>excellent

Fuck right off.

It's still about a dude fighting aliens in space. So it's almost kind of related.

Because weapons work that way. After you used a pistol 20 times it's not working anymore.

Don't you hate when you hit something with a wrench and the wrench literally crumbles into pieces?

They shouldn't have called it Prey, because autists won't let it go. It looked kind of shitty in the early previews, I'm hoping Arkane will give it their best like they did with Dishonored.

If you want to know my opinion, they cannot fuck it up and make it worse than 90% of today's console games, so it will be good at the very least. This is fucking ARKANE, after all.

Like what? Honest question, what do you think would be better for this game?

dunno about you guys but I'm loving the wrench design

*vomits uncontrollably*

bethesda are gonna fold arkane after this

wonder why this shit kike company that is on ea and square enix levels of sacking and cancelling projects gets less of a bad rep

you don't even realize you won't die
you would have panickly been shooting enemies to get spirit hp back up

you've ruined the game for yourself

>not a sequel
Faggots, I would have bought it for the story alone. I'm out.

literally bioshock

ammo

What games even have obnoxious weapon durability? From my experience, it is always just a meaningless feature that has no actual impact on how the game is played.

System Shock 2, the game that they're clearly drawing inspiration from

Is there a story or... anything? Everything I've seen of it makes me feel like it's just an empty sandbox with lots of gameplay mechanics.

youtube.com/watch?v=6WayqYxQeDE

its aaa
they fuck it up with something. and all this features will be uselsess

are there more than 3 enemies or what?

Looks like you're just killing headcrab ghosts who can disguise themselves as bins.
Fantastic stuff, mayne.

Dope.
Doesn't say much about you fucking around the now-derelict station though.

>TranStar
>Trans

Everything thing about looks very unoriginal, probably pick it up when it's cheap

Well I think it depends on how many microtranactions it has and how many lies they have been telling us this time.

>turns out its just dishonored in space
I like dishonored a lot and this looks fine but space bounty hunting died for this

>trauma system (breaking bones, burns)

We E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy now?

Oblivion

>wanting a shitty open world game with no relations to Prey 1 over an actual good Arkane game with no relations to Prey 1

>>"difficult"
>>weapon durability

into le garbage it le goes

Looks okay but it just doesn't wow me in any way

They're admitting it's basically a mesh of a lot of other games, like Deus Ex, System Shock and Metroid, and I'm worried that the game lacks its own identity and convictions

It looks too sandboxy to be a great experience

There has to be restraint in the sandbox to make it great

The game that has the literally worst implementation of weapon durability ever must be Divinity Original Sin

Consider that you're entering a fight with your full party with fully repaired gear, the weapons durability don't go down quickly enough to reach 0 in a single fight and you literally get no downsides from a damaged weapon, no reduction in damage or anything, but once the durability hits 0 the weapon or piece of armor is completely unusable, so it takes about 2 or 3 encounters to get to the point where one item may break.

So you just equip one of your characters with a repair item and after every other encounter you have to drag all the damaged items from your entire party to the inventory of the repairing character and then right click on each item one at a time to repair it and then return them to the characters, one item at a time. And to make it even more ridiculous and tedious there is a progression bar for each repair. It takes only a matter of seconds to fill, but the reason that there is a timed repair sequence in a fucking turn based game is beyond me. It doesn't even take any resources to repair things, it is literally only their to piss you off and waste your time between encounters.

>They're admitting it's basically a mesh of a lot of other games, like Deus Ex, System Shock and Metroid
I don't know what you are on but that sounds fucking great and could possibly become the best game of this year

It can either be great or a complete lackluster flop

See the thing is, a pure Deus Ex game in a Metroid-like dungeon is a pretty shitty idea.