XCX

Anything I should know going into this, like things I could miss? Looks pretty good so far, I am emulating it on cemu.
Why is it getting so much hate? Is it because of the censorship? I got an undub and uncensor patch.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Umwyql5c3Rk
mega.nz/#!EN40yIjJ!_SFQ8HgVePeQERc93k-ASgl0wxcqp70UwzMHZMTFFyQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it playable on Cemu?

>Why is it getting so much hate?
That's just a vocal minority that hate it, and that vocal minority largely consist of smash fags who are butthurt that their beloved "I'M REALLY FEELING IT" boy isn't in the game.

It's one of the best JRPGs of recent memory in terms of nearly everything besides story, the story's a trainwreck.

yeah, works fine at 1080p on mine
i5 4670
gtx 970

I played the first and dropped it
Absolute horrible trash game, the whole plot about getting the uber sword and the protagonist being a mary sue is lame as fuck
The camera makes combat unplayable too

>Story
>Mech gameplay is meh
>You have to bring 2 people for pretty much all the story missions
>HUD (fixable)
Other than that just get lost exploring/probing and have fun

Also tatsu was a mistake

Shulk's hardly a mary sue to begin with, he gets blown the fuck out constantly and is carried entirely by his party.

XBX's plot is bad in the sense that not only is it poorly written, it's also a fucking trainwreck that's all over the place, and despite everything going on, it's really boring and uneventful too, literally next to nothing happens. There's not really any sense of progress in the story, the ending just happens and you just sit there thinking "Is that it?"

XBX essentially plays just like the original Xenoblade except that there's a lot more going on in the gameplay and it's a lot more in depth with its systems.

I got fucking memed into playing this. It's a fucking terrible game. Combat is absolute trash (Think WoW, but you have to select your abilities by selecting them on a horizontal menu on your dpad).
Chracters are insufferable
Story is absolutely shit and goes nowhere
World is fucking boring. Having a big world means nothing if its populated by absolutely nothing interesting.

3/10, complete waste of time. it was my first chink game and it'll be my last.

Upgrade the Mechanical field skill before Biological or Archaeological since there are some data probes that require it

>Combat is absolute trash
it gets a lot better and more dynamic once you get more arts
but yes, in the beginning its painfully shit

Soul voice looks like an interesting mechanic, never seen it before either

>the story is shit and practically non-existant, ending with an unnecessary last minute cliffhanger
>most of the characters are shit and you are forced to use Elma and Lin+Tatsu, the worst characters of all, for all story missions
>combat is shit. Fuck everyone who says it's better than the first's because it's not at all. Skell combat is objectively awful
>world looks great but has fuck all to do in it outside of killing monsters and collecting glowing shit on the ground. If you find something interesting in the world you need to be on the side mission that it actually is involved in to do anything with it.
I really hated XCX. The only thing it had going for it was the world being visually interesting, I can't think of any other aspect that wasn't just blatantly sub-par if not outright bad.

Enjoy the exploration of this beautiful handcrafted planet:
youtube.com/watch?v=Umwyql5c3Rk

>Skell combat is objectively awful
Yeah but foot combat, which comprises of like 70-80% of the game is objectively better than the original's combat. Meme all you want, cry all you want, but topple-locking in Xenoblade was more broken than anything in X.

I didn't even like the first one's combat, I thought it was awful in that regard as well but I liked the chain attacks because it actually let you have some degree of control over the other party members and they took that out with X.

>topple-locking in Xenoblade was more broken than anything in X.
Overdrive completely breaks the combat when you figure out how to use it and can then keep it going forever. Unlimited overdrive + Ghost Walker for unlimited invincibility turned the combat into a joke.

mechanically its an improvement from XC and the mechs are cool. But
>The music is good but not that fitting
>The story is good but it's pretty disjointed and not as good as XC
>your forced to use 2 characters pretty much all of the time
>The characters aren't quite as strong as they were in XC
>They cenored the 13 year olds clothes(who cares) and removed the boob slider
>The main character is a boring customizable mute instead of an interesting character like shulk
Its still really good and better than XC in different ways
>Better post game
>Huge open world map
>Interesting side quests
>Mechs
If you like it now it's probably like it later

Most people that actually played it loved it. The game has a lot of mechanics, make sure to check the manual if you have any doubts, and save often to not lose progress if you're emulating it. Also I think the English dub is pretty good outside of some mixing issues, I watch my anime in Japanese but such text heavy games should be played in a language you can understand to get the most of it, you also have no subs for the battle quotes if you play it in Japanese.

Unless an enemy attacks with multiple-hit attacks and tears through it (Headless Emperor, a few others).

Kill the babies. If you don't, there will be blood on yoir hands in the end anyway.

Don't let her take a shower. Make her watch the video nstead.

Use the flower as a distraction. It's a common drop from the monkey giants.

Don't eat it no matter how much he wants you to.

>Monolith did such a good job coding the game that even emulating it was easy

listen to this man. also

tell the cats the bird are weak to fire and do charging attacks

dont kill fortun

cut the blue wire

dont stop the bug from drinking the water

Talk to all the other bugs before planting the tree again

Can you link an uncensored and undubbed iso? or a tutorial? I found a tutorial that was intended for playing on a hacked wii u, not sure if I can use that for cemu.

>Talk to all the other bugs before planting the tree again

This.

Just look it up when you get there, a bug that has nothing to do with your quest is going to ruin it.

mega.nz/#!EN40yIjJ!_SFQ8HgVePeQERc93k-ASgl0wxcqp70UwzMHZMTFFyQ
for cemu

DONT SHOWER
KILL THE PIGS
GO SOUTH
BLUE WIRE
DISARM THE BOMB
GET THE BRACELET

This game has such autistic drop rates. Really kills the post-game.
Also the multiplayer in this game is completely pointless, I have no idea why they even bothered adding it when they did such a half-assed job with it.

How does this connect to xenoblade and the xeno series?

it doesn't, its a standalone story

I dropped Xenoblade Chronicles fairly quickly because of the combat. Is it any better in this game?
It's a shame because I loved the world.

You can "fail" a bunch of sidequests but it won't make you miss anything substantial, and sometimes it opens up alternate quests anyway.

The game is great, it's only getting hate from people who fundamentally don't understand this type of game, like this guy . You have nothing to fear as long as you have a modicum of taste.

i guess now a good time to ask.
im halfway done with Xenoblade Chronicles and i just wanna know, who the best gem crafting pairs?

There's no more chain attack or need to topple enemies to do damage, if that's what turned you off. Otherwise it is essentially the same combat style.

Exploring the world is worth it, though. No more light jogging and baby bunnyhop, time to run and leap like a motherfucker all over the map.

>some enemies have 100% reflect on all attributes
>no way to figure this out aside from wrecking your Skell 5 times
Fucking stupid.

Nope. Combat is still shit just like the first one.

This game looks absolutely beautiful in 4k. I just wish Cemu didn't run it so badly.

I'm also surprised nobody's fixed the antialiasing shit yet.

>Wahh I don't have my cliche pokedex/analyze skill to tell me what to do I actually have to play the game.

>I actually have to play the game.
More like I have to waste all my Skell insurance just to figure out what will actually hurt him
Its not good design

>There are people too slow to fraudulently file it as an electrical fire before the skell explodes.

Literally one button press and your skell insurance doesn't go down. Alternatively you could just put anti-reflect on whatever heavy-hitter weapon you have.

>you could just put anti-reflect
The autistic drop rates make grinding for augs too much of a chore, its not fun.

>Anything I should know going into this, like things I could miss?
As far as I am aware there are no missable quests in this game, nothing that doesn't count toward completion at least.

>Why is it getting so much hate?
Because the story was ultimately very lackluster and ended on a cliffhanger that may not even be resolved unless Takahashi decides to turn X into a series of its own, which looks unlikely imo.

>Is it because of the censorship?
To some degree yes. I can understand why Lin was censored at least, but I think removing the bust slider was a little silly. The localisation in general receives flak, probably because it simply wasn't as good as the first game. Though I don't think the dub is garbage, just awfully generic.

Articulate to me how I don't understand it. It plays exactly like a single player WoW, but much, much worse.