This is what happens when you shoot a zombie in Resident Evil 6...

This is what happens when you shoot a zombie in Resident Evil 6. So where did the "I shot a zombie and nothing happened" meme come from?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CHQBB0aX5eE
game.capcom.com/manual/bio6/en/index.html
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494812
youtu.be/v9enQhFYASw?t=111
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>3 headshots to kill a zombie

Fucking stupid.

Not from this shit game for sure.

Helena's butt was great in this game

>it'sokaywhenRE4/RE7doesit.jpg

almost as bad as RE4 , takes like 3-4 headshots to kill a retarded old slav lady

damn so are some threatening enemys. sure gonna die here with my super hero moves, laser pointer gun, 30 bars of health, oh and of course a coop partner JUST in case something hits me every 30 minutes

great game

Quote where I said that.

RE4/5/6 all have a critical hit system. Some pistols have a higher critical hit chance than others. In RE4, you can upgrade your weapons for higher critical hit chances.

What's the established benchmark for how many headshots a zombie should take on a game's second highest difficulty, user?

>people defending re6
we have reached contrarian levels we never thought were possible before

It's the Zelda cycle.

Should I reinstall re5 or buy re6 dirt cheap?

Just like real life.

None, play Revelations 2 instead.

Considering the T-virus only uses the parts responsible for gross motor skills, that shrinks the already small(relative to the rest of the body)target that is the human brain.

>What's the established benchmark for how many headshots a zombie should take on a game's second highest difficulty, user?

Dead Rising.

>A youtuber would just stand there and let that zombie maul them to death, while a true RE6 player instinctively dives backwards.

Can I get a list of RE games worth playing and possibly in proper order?

Just finished watching Resident Evil; Damnation and it was pretty good. Had no idea who was who or what was happening so I kind of want to (and it's not like the live action movies are true to the games so those don't tell me shit either)

All of the main series in release order up to Code Veronica, including the REmake.

RE6, it's the pinnacle of the franchise in terms of combat and mechanics

They're infected with C-Virus. Except it's a magical asspull version of the C-Virus designed to pander to nostalgiafags who wanted zombies to come back to RE. Because the C-Virus has the defining trait of making organisms regenerate from damage. (See the J'avo and Carla. And Simmons. And Piers.) These zombies don't regenerate from damage. Something, something, inhaling C-Virus works differently, something, something, let's not bother explaining how it bought people back from the dead in a fucking graveyard.

RE6
I hated 5 and I'm already having more fun at the start of Chris' campaign just cuz of the enemies and asian horror like setting.

I think you can find RE6 for like $8 anyways.

>Can I get a list of RE games worth playing and possibly in proper order?

Well the obvious:
REmake > RE2 > RE Code Veronica > RE4 > Revelations 1 > Revelations 2

RE5 if you feel like getting more gameplay like RE4, but the story is silly.

Don't bother with RE0 and RE3, even though they're classic games they're nowhere near as good as the rest.

Pretend RE6 and RE7 don't exist.

REmake
5 with a friend
6 Mercs with a friend

Avoid the PS3/360 version of RE6. If you have a PS4 or Xbox One, the nipped and tucked ports of RE4, RE5, and RE6 are excellent value. Just remember to change RE6's aiming system to laser sight.

I forgot 4.

>Telling people to play the REmake without playing the original

I bet you tell people to play Twin Snakes instead of MGS1, you fucking faggots.

Is there a bigger proof Sup Forums is a contrarian cesspool than this thread?

Neither, go play a good game.

>include CV and both Revs
>Skip 3 and 5
>doesn't acknowledge 6 for Mercs
Certified shit.

>Disliking RE6 is contrarian

Looks like you're the contrarian here, faggot.

>I bet you tell people to play Twin Snakes instead of MGS1

No I don't, I'm aware Twin Snakes is worse than MGS1, but in the case of REmake the game is just much better than the original version and that's coming from someone who played RE1 on release and loved the shit out of it.

It does it the same way the T-Virus was stated to. Primary exposure(direct injection into subject's bloodstream)produces mutants and shit. Secondary exposure(coming into contact with the bodily fluids of an infected subject)produces zombies.

Terrible analogy as REmake is a shining example of the original RE formula while Twin Snakes is an evening of laughs.

>Can I get a list of RE games worth playing and possibly in proper order?
REMAKE/RE2/RE3/Code Veronica (Maybe. Depends on whether you're burnt out on the classic formula by this point)/RE4/RE5/Revelations/RE6/Revelations 2/RE7. Generally in that order, but honestly it's not hugely important.

RE0 is essentially a frustrating version of REMAKE. And RE1 isn't anywhere near as good as REMAKE.

There's also the Outbreak games.

If you're daring, you could try Operation Racoon City, but that's a game where the obscure, overpriced DLC is better than the main game.

I would have tried just shooting it.

I agree it's better, but you can't fully appreciate it unless you know where it came from.

RE6 has a 80% positive rating on steam, only retarded "game reviewers" shat on the game and started this meme that RE6 is garbage.

Nigger, you'te too early in the story to realize the game is absolute shit. And the zombies react to shots, it's most other enemies and especially bosses that don't most of the time.

The whole games is a fucking mess, I should have dropped when they make you fight a fuckhuge fat zombie in a cramped, pitch dark room with other zombies and like 10 braindead npcs running around aimlessly, but eventually I endured the shitfest until halfway through Chris campaign before dropping it and getting pirate's remorse.

>RE6 has a 80% positive rating on steam

DmC has 95% positive rating on Steam, does that mean DmC is a masterpiece?

Why would you push CV on anyone? That shit makes Revelations and 7 look good.

man, it's such a shame they made a really shitty game around RE6's mechanics. Mercs was a ton of fun cause the gameplay stands out as the fucking best, but everything else about that game sucks.

They should have just made that game some kind of goofy shooter God Hand, and then done something else with RE6.

the are walking dead, and most important they are videogame enemy. I have hard time rationalize why protag can be bitten and stay uninfected.

Why would Chris punch that guy? He's heavy as a boulder!

Wait...

Revelations is good though

Rev2 is the best RE game since 4.

Steam ratings just prove a game isn't a pile of unplayable shit. They should be taken with a grain of salt.

>That shit makes Revelations and 7 look good

But Revelations and 7 are already good.

RE6 really is the best RE game currently.
R.I.P Piers.

>RE6 has a 80% positive rating on steam

steam rating is literally just about whether the game runs well or not, and in some cases if a game gets major balance changes post-release that pisses 500-hour-fags off

Why is the steam community absolutely fucking retarded? The first and only game I bought on Steam was Berseria and man the forums are worse than even Gamefaqs back in 1999.

I'm pretty sure that the Resident Evil lore states that everybody gets infected but they just turn into zombies if they die.

Everyone on Sup Forums knows damn well that's not what the rating means. Shut the fuck up kid, you're in denial.

That's because it's a weeb game, Steam weebs are cancerous shitlords. Try going to another forum, like Grim Dawn, and you'll notice a huge difference.

Sometimes, but look at Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, it's fully playable but just shit so it has a bad rating.

RE6 was a bit more action orientated but it still manages to have way more puzzles than RE5 did.

>it's fully playable but just shit so it has a bad rating

Go take a look at the reviews m8, most of the negative reviews are from people unable to run the game on Windows 10.

what are some other good games with gameplay tech like the RE series?

like, mastering the non-standard controls is part of the fun, and instead of simply upgrading stats, half of getting better is becoming more fluid with the controls and learning what you can do. For example, in RE4 headshotting for a stun, then kicking, then using the knife to finish them off, instead of wasting 6 bullets while standing still to finally explode their zombie melon head.

I love MGS for that shit too. Something about it makes me feel good when I start out fumbling with the controls and end up gitting gud and ending up being stylish as fuck.

RE6 because you haven't played it.

The Evil Within.

You should play at least most of them, they're all fun games, even the worst ones are just ok.
Here's the order I would suggest:
1(remake), 2, 3
outbreak file 1 and 2 (optional, it expands on the raccoon city lore mostly)
survivor (optional, it's a fun spinoff which is part of the canon)
0 (it's a prequel but it contains references you would only get from playing 2 first, and it would spoil some things for you playing it later)
CODE: Veronica
Dead Aim (optional)
umbrella chronicles/darkside chronicles (two railshooters that recap the old games while also telling new stories and expanding on some details of the old storylines)
Revelations 1
Degeneration (movie)
5 + dlc
revelations 2
damnation (movie)
umbrella corps (don't play this, just look up the storyline online which is made up of written notes anyway. It's important to know what it's about though because it's relevant to re7)

There are also two canon manga (the marhawa desire and heavenly island) taking place before and after re6, and a stageplay I haven't seen yet

ORC is a special case because it has some nasty game breaking bugs and some annoying technical issues such as needing to delete a configuration file to get the game to boot sometimes.

any examples from TEW? I know it's a Mikami game so I'd expect it.

also heard so many people be negative on that game that I'm reluctant to get it.

RE has always sucked.

Also the Echo Six DLC being better than the default campaign.

To be honest, I can't remember how stylish you can get with it, but if you enjoyed RE4 you owe it to yourself to play Cold Fear.

TEW is fantastic and has a lot of Silent Hill elements.
The DLCs are also pretty good.

Anyone that hates this game is probably a retard who thinks this is some run and gun TPS.

>Skyrim image macro
>has terrible opinions

Well the game is hard as fuck, even on easier difficulties you'll never catch a break, expect to die in 1 hit from bullshit you never saw coming, you'll also have to play smart, sneaking around enemies is mandatory on higher difficulties since the game doesn't give you enough ammo to deal with all the enemies, bosses are also pretty hard so expect to die at least once on most of them.

All in all the game is great, it plays a lot like RE4 and it's pretty long, most of the criticism comes from the fact the game runs like shit with frame drops here and there but it's a good game.

>wanna play that game, weeaboo?

Reminder that RE6's combat system is so deep and poorly explained that most players don't know how to perform OHK Coup de Grace attacks as seen here. youtube.com/watch?v=CHQBB0aX5eE

I shamelessly enjoyed RE6.

I thought it was fucking great and has the improved gameplay mechanics the series needed for a while.

>I thought it was fucking great

I had fun with RE6 aswell but let's not get crazy here

I finished it on the second to hardest difficulty and I killed almost every enemy, you do have enough ammo but you need to learn to use bottles and flashbang bolts.

They allow you to just crouch and do a "sneak" attack from the front of enemies while they're stunned.
It's harder with bottles since you need to headshot with them to get the enemy stunned.

>RE6's combat system is so deep and poorly explained

any good guides for it?

RE6 is easily the second best RE since 4.

That isn't saying much when there have only been 3 RE games since 4.

This is not reddit man, we don't need to pretend RE6 was a bad game.

It's just one little user's opinion, but RE6 is the only RE game I ever have a desire to replay nowdays. Every year I sit down and play through the campaigns and dabble in a bit of mercenaries. It's very comfy.

The RE6 web manual is a good place to start.

game.capcom.com/manual/bio6/en/index.html

And there's also a NeoGAF thread...

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494812

But even those guides tend to fail to mention stuff like how the coup de grace attacks are triggered. However, they explain stuff like how to tell your AI partner to target specific enemies, something the game NEVER BOTHERS MENTIONING AT ANY POINT. I mean, it is mindblowing how little Capcom bothered explaining about their own fucking videogame.

>RE5
>RE6
>REvelations
>REvelations 2
>a bunch of nothing titles

yeah, it's second behind Rev2, but I mean that isn't saying that much

You do see people on Sup Forums occasionally claim that enemies in RE6 have zero hit reactions and all the guns feel like peashooters, though. The myth definitely comes from somewhere, and I wish it was better understood because it makes no sense. You boot the game, and all the zombies jerk around like crazy when you shoot them. Same with the J'avo.

I mean it's second best after RE7, Revelations 2 is shit.

>that neoGAF thread
>guy writes out long as fuck guide to combat
>says the word "sissy" somewhere in there
>immediately check to see if he's banned
>of course he is

heh, never fails

I recommend checking out Mercs solos where they can keep the combo chain through all 150 enemies. You'll pick up on different techniques and moves being used in those. Then search for Resident Evil 6 All Melee or something.

Examples of some unmentioned maneuvers
youtu.be/v9enQhFYASw?t=111
After a slide you can drop down off the edge of platforms by holding the slide button.

Holding the taunt key in Mercs mode while sprinting allows for more responsive turning.

Taunts restore stamina.

You can 180 flip onto your back during a slide by pressing back while holding the slide button.

You can fire in the air during diverolls.

RE1 > RE2 > RE3 > RE: Code Veronica > RE: 0 > RE Remake

Everything else is shit, pure shit.

Resident Evil 4 might be an interesting and fun game but it's not true RE. It's just another long hallway 3rd person shooter that goes from level to level.

> Don't bother with RE0 and RE3

You are a faggot indeed.

ew

>Pretend RE6 and RE7 don't exist.
RE7 is the best RE game since 4.

The Evil Within is really good. I mean, I partially think that because to me TEW is like a sister game to RE6 that tackles similar problems and comes to a slightly different conclusion. For example, the DLC campaign in TEW is basically like a much more polished and cohesive version of Ada's campaign from RE6. Ada's campaign tried for stealth, but didn't quite make it. TEW's DLC goes full stealth, and while some find that frustrating, I liked it. Also, TEW's story is a lot better than a lot of people would have you believe. Really well acted, too.

Wrong, Steinberg. But it's funny that you shills keep pushing the meme.

worst opinions i have ever seen

>Kidman shit is DLC
Meh.

Who cares about this turd. RE7 is out.

That's fine, you probably swimming in your dad's nutsack in 1996.

REVII shills and memers.

But 7's the one with turds for enemies, user.

Shit series with a couple of neat games that's highly overrated on Sup Forums, I'm not even sure why. I didn't do anything particularly groundbreaking and they play like shit until 4.

I think you meant to say, 1998 was the year you stopped teething.

sometimes I forget kiddos are allowed on Sup Forums now just cause they turned 18

you're still a little whelp

I've got 25 bucks on a gift card so which RE do I see if they have?

Never beaten RE4 and I loved Revelations on 3DS so 2 is appealing.

Not RE related but I'm playing Dragon Quest IV and I like it for my first DQ so could I jump into VII or VIII?

yo sure showed me who's boss

Glad you recognize, hope you cure your cancer soon.