It's time to discuss the best RPG ever made

It's time to discuss the best RPG ever made.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0GK2Pxg_xE
youtu.be/tEzO5AQn_tI
youtu.be/swEC4gMvCN4
youtu.be/9a-DmxpXhQE
youtube.com/watch?v=lfHAvyMcGOk
youtu.be/OHBwS1frPak
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pic not related

Is this the console version of Witcher 3?

but that's not morrowind

but that's not gothic 2

MISS
MISS
MISS
>MISS
>MISS
>MISS
Yeah nah fuck off kiddo.

Indeed, that's because Morrowind is shit

but that's not FFXV

I'm gonna be honest. I played this game for literally 5 minutes in game before hating it

but that's not FFXIII

I actually liked the combat, killing groups of drowners at a time was fun

About time. Who did you side with?

I always side with House

i had to play this a few months ago so i can catch up with the story and play witcher 3 and when i saw the combat i uninstalled and watched a video on youtube with the summary of the game

this
I thought we had something special with these sudden Gothic 2 threads.
Don't you dare take this away.

That's what you get for using the wrong stance, idiot.

One of the biggest casual filters in the history of modern videogames. It is a game that can only be on PC.

This isn't a Fallout 1/2 thread tho

Thank god, that game is a pile of wank.

Same here. The flips and shit geralt does in combat is ridiculous

Witcher 3 Combat > Witcher 1 Combat

Prove me wrong

protip: It is literally impossible for you to do this

>dropping a game because the gameplay sucks makes you a casual

???

It doesn't suck tho

bout you literally couldn't die in TW3 when you passed the white orchid tutorial. what game were you playing dumbass?

but that's not The Sith Lords

Anyone else always struggles with the kikimora queen?
The fucking death zone of the falling rocks is way too big.

Filtering working as intended then.

xD

After playing in release order I found 2 to be my least favorite. I was very disappointing after 2 from 1.

>rpg

This and vampire bloodlines are probably my favorite of all time.

Witcher 3 >= Witcher 1 >>>>>>>>>>> Witcher 2

Didn't you just have to sprint until you were in the big open area of the cave? I don't remember the fight too well but I never had a problem with it.

you play the role of Gwynbleidd

That's the worst game in the series.

You should try a difficulty setting other than easy user.

I liked the part in chapter 2 were quests bug out and there's no way to continue and you just skip to the second game after reading a bit about the story of the first game.

Does it make me a contrarian edgeposter if I say that the original Witcher had way more atmosphere than the sequels?

you literally can't be more wrong

get out pleb

>this game doesn't fit my arbitrary definition of the word 'RPG' therefore it's not objectively an RPG

Kill thyself.

Exquisite taste user.

no u dont

What's better, Witcher 1 or Gothic 2?
I absolutely love both games and can't decide

I did friend, and if you fount TW3 combat challenging there is something seriously wrong with your brain.

Uhh, it's literally figuratively objectively subjectively the same in Witcher 1. It's much much easier I'd say, you don't even have to do anything but maintain a rhythm while trying your hardest to not fall asleep

>mfw death march

I loved W2 but it really is the worst of the 3 simply because 1 and 3 are so excellent
Yeah I don't understand the LMAO EASY DIFFICULTY meme that always gets thrown around
If you can dodge an enemy on easy, you can do it on Death March just as easily
This was true in W2 as well

Works on my machine, it's something in your end.

Not at all. There's something about the graphics and the music that elevate this game to a whole new level of comfy.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0GK2Pxg_xE

Death March is easy as shit

That's not Planescape Torment, Betrayal at Krondor, or Might and and Magic 6.

>that condescending ignorant blabbering
Yeah we get it user you're a hardcore gamer who beat dark souls without the guides!!! xD
You have to realize that 99.999% of other people who played the game aren't nearly as cool as you are and death march poses an actual threat to them.
Not even gonna start on how Witcher 1 is a lot easier than both Witcher 2 and 3, but you have to have played the game to know about it

dude you just press space and become a god it's not that hard

Please don't drag this thread down with shitposting about difficulty
>W1
Just level up Igni, drink a swallow and destroy everything
>W2
Just learn to roll away from everything and spec into swords if you just wanna cut everyone to shit
Dark really isn't that hard and it gets hilariously easy when you get the exclusive gear
>W3
Just dodge everything, maybe roll away from big golem attacks if you feel like it, shit's easy

Did you even read the post?

It's really a toss up between M&M6, Wizardry 7 and Ultima 7
the witcher and infinity engine games a shit

Hopefully you can spam Ignis and make this chore a bit shorter... And continue to trek endlessly in that fucking swamp/city/field.

I like TW2 for the attention to detail. The design and styling is superb.

But somehow TW1 combat, while clunky and weird, feels more fun. It reminds me of the difference between arcade and "realistic" games. It's strange and anachronic and wonky, a relic from the old times, but still somehow manages to drag me into the game more than TW2, which aspired to be realistic in the gameplay, but it simply didn't work. Arcade will always work if you manage to make it fun, but realism will never work unless you get really close to the real thing, and maybe CDPR's ambitions were too high.

Lets see how Farewell of the White Wolf turns out.

That's exactly what I said though, calm your titties

>Yeah we get it user you're a hardcore gamer who beat dark souls without the guides!!! xD
nice projecting user. you're a lost cause. no wonder gaming is shit today

You didn't, you said DM poses a threat to almost everyone, and you also did some ironic shitposting about hardcore gamers or something
W1 combat is more like a classic cRPG, where you level up overpowered shit to become overpowered
W2 and 3 rely more on action skill

this triggers the trisscuck

Go on then, tell us how it is not and how another game of your choice is.

holy fuck.... soulsfags are STILL this desperate???

>that flat earth
kek

That is not Baldur's Gate

WHY DIDN'T TRISS TELL GERALT ABOUT YENNEFER AND CIRI T H E W H O L E F U C K I N G G A M E

W H Y

Witcher 3 DLC with Iorveth, Saskia and Scoia'tael when?

>tfw a random innkeeper tells the story of ciri to geralt

youtu.be/tEzO5AQn_tI

Cause she's always been in love with Geralt and this was her chance to seize him
For real though, CDProjekt were just too afraid of putting too much book shit in cause they wanted people who hadn't read the books to play it, and they wrote themselves into a corner

No more DLCs.

This. I finished Witcher 2 on insane and Death March seems easy as piss in comparison.

>proving his point this hard
Lel

>Iorveth, Saskia and Scoia'tael
With who now?

>W1 combat is more like a classic cRPG, where you level up overpowered shit to become overpowered

W1 combat is the 'best' because it's the worst. The game gives you very little control over yourself, so your abilities and preparations matter more than anything because you can't dodge. In W3 you don't need to worry about anything as long as you're at a high enough level to actually do damage.

>one missable scene in 1 has more dialogue with Eredin than the ENTIRETY of the game titled 'wild hunt'

youtu.be/swEC4gMvCN4

What the fuck happened?

Correct, that's exactly what I'm saying.
In W2 and 3, once you learn how to dodge properly, you can probably play through the game without upgrading a single skill

Did he really do anything wrong?

>Witcher 3 DLC with Iorveth, Saskia and Scoia'tael when?

I just want Iorveth, fuck everyone else, his route was better than Roche's and fuck anyone who says otherwise.

youtu.be/9a-DmxpXhQE

What was meant by this?

Reminded me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=lfHAvyMcGOk

>vast majority of game time spent running back and forth long distances through endlessly respawning trash mobs
>MMORPG respawning resource nodes as the height of the alchemy system
>collect X of Y side quests
>boring and easy pseudo-rhythm game combat
>boring and a low amount of spells
>exciting and varied skill trees filled with stuff like "increase normal sword DMG with light stance by %", "increase normal sword DMG with heavy stance by %", "increase normal sword DMG with group stance by %", "increase silver sword DMG with light stance by %", "increase silver sword DMG with heavy stance by %", "increase silver sword DMG with group stance by %", all of which play exactly the same apart from doing different damage to different types of enemies
>humans / elves / dwarves / other recycled mythological shit lore
>thrilling main investigation quest taking notes from Little Red Riding Hood with dialogue akin to "granny, why do you have such big teeth" that you can ask from the obvious culprit, but can't do anything about it because the game takes the player for a retard, and even if you do jump through enough hoops for the game to finally pat you on the back for "realizing who the true villain is", they still escape in an unavoidable cutscene because fuck meaningful choices in a RPG that prides itself on meaningful choices
>recycling areas even in the main quest
>recycling NPC models
At least it's good for learning that people who say "it gets better after 20 hours, I promise" shouldn't be taken seriously.

>a low budget first entry into a slav game trilogy has flaws

Damn... could it be that it's still great despite the flaws...?

>game is full of nothing but flaws
>"it's still a great game though"
What exactly is the Witcher's greatness? It has horrible gameplay, and it has boring story and lore compared to other heavily flawed, but actually great RPGs such as VTMB or PS:T. The vast majority of the game time is spent on padding and repetition, and the points that could outshine those flaws don't really seem to exist.

>all concoctions are utterly useless
>gear and weapons are useless
>money is useless past level 20 or so
>play new game plus with all DLC on death march
>woah this werewolf won't die, I probably have to actually use potions and shit now!
>turns out I had to actually replace my starter gear once with trash mob random pickup gear to do damage
>never have to replace it ever again after that point
>the most vile, largest monsters hit me with their vicious claw attacks, survive and kill them, no concoctions or potions
>a bandit hits me once with a sword to break quen, then another bandit behind me gets another hit in after it breaks
>die instantly
great story and visuals, humans are the real monsters..............rly made me think......................

>it has boring story and lore

I'm still mad that Raven's armour isn't in the witcher 3

Wow, humans, elves, dwarves and other recycled mythological creatures sure are the height of creative world building. Plus as I mentioned, the main fucking quest treats the player as a retard who can't figure out simple shit like Geralt's spider senses tingling beside a certain character meaning that character is not to be trusted, and that he should be shanked on the spot.

>The vast majority of the game time is spent on padding and repetition

So exactly like VTMB then? That game is nothing else than talking, walking, backtracking and sometimes engaging in the awful combat.

Maybe RPG just isn't your genre.

>the game was too hard for him

LMAO

Isn't it? I thought it was imported and you throw it away as soon as you get the first piece of loot, just like with the swords

I should force myself to play this since it's been sitting on my steam library for too long but the gameplay always pulls me back.

So you want to play Witcher? Here you go.

>>game is full of nothing but flaws
you're full of nothing but shit

does OPs pic look like morrowind?

Fucking Morrowind
Can't hit a fucking stationary target size of OP's mom with a halberd.

Absolutely.

>Maybe RPG just isn't your genre.
Nah, I do love RPGs, just not ones that are irredeemably shit on all fronts. Note that none of you have yet actually managed to bring up the Witcher's redeeming points that supposedly outshine its worst flaws.

It's much better game than dark souls 1,2,3 all combined

See

Literally only RPG where your choices actually matter and are important as gameplay elements since most tell you something related to other quests and you can kill all plot important characters except for the 2 love interest and the kid

Almost everything carries over to the last act in one way or another

>legitimate choices and consequences
See Others are just subjective shit such as
>muh interesting story and lore that are definitely not just yet another endlessly recycled fantasy shit
>muh likeable characters
>muh good dialogue and atmosphere
>muh non-binary morality as if Bioware RPGs were the only other RPGs on the market and the Witcher not having good-evil meter somehow makes it stand out

Just writing out "b-but it's COMFY" would have delivered the same amount of useful information.

Of course those are subjective things, do you actually believe such a thing as an objectively good game exists? Those pros just happen to be what the majority of people agree on why Witcher 1 is great. Man you're retarded.

youtu.be/OHBwS1frPak