If so many people play it, then it must be good right?

If so many people play it, then it must be good right?

Yes, just like Call of Duty.

>inb4 ad populum
>inb4b4 fallacy fallacy

>just like call of duty

fuck off and eat shit dumbass

this had a poor reception from normies; most of them went back to playing Skyrim and cowadooty week 1

What's wrong?

Why did they removed the RPG elements?

I unironically have a 6-hour sitdown with Fallout 4 each Sunday, and look forward to it like a kid every time. It's a great time if you can ignore the fact that it's trying to be a Fallout game

because they completely fucked up the RPG elements in the previous game they developed in the series

they settled for mediocrity to avoid a complete fuckup; ironically this marketed worse

I mean it's not a bad game, it's just not an rpg.

Seriously, play it with the mod that let's you see the dialog choices and all the time the options will just be reworded ways of saying the same thing. No meaningful way to build a unique character. And a shit tier story that doesn't make sense.

But exploring the world and building a settlment, shooting monsters, all that stuff is pretty fun.

Core gameplay loop isn't terrible, there's just no variety beyond that unless you do basebuilding, which aint that great either.

Literally the best contrarian position to hold on Sup Forums in this day and age is "Fallout 4 > Fallout 3" because it's objectively true. Fallout 3 was an absolute wreck of a game in every aspect; Fallout 4 is only worse in one measure: at least Fallout 3 tried to be an RPG. Literally "there was an attempt" consolation prize is the only thing Fallout 3 has over Fallout 4.

It's ok, i think it was smart of them to not even try and make it an RPG. Because obviously they can't do it, if they can polish the gameplay and exploration more in a Fallout 5 they'll be pretty good games.

Obviously it has a lot of problems, but if you just want to run around and blow monsters up it's pretty decent at that.

this is... reasonable

Sup Forums is full of surprises

>attacking a fallacy with a fallacy

Put on Silent Protagonist mod, game becomes much more tolerable quest/dialog wise. Just restarted vanilla so I could get that damn 100% happiness trophy. Made a character based off my dad, it's pretty fun shooting up on chems and bashing in skulls with Grognaks Axe.

But yeah I can't see myself replaying it as much as I did with F3 or NV. I like their perk system better, and I actually miss skills being separate values from SPECIAL. But the weapon crafting is tight, and no weapon degradation is nice too. I'm going to finish the base game shit again, then slightly mod it, then probably never touch it again.

I put 600+ hours into this game across 2 play throughs. I like it. I recently started playing Fallout Shelter and have the itch to go back and finish my second play through.

the ol' fallacy fallacy fallacy

Fallout 4 is a good game.
It may not be the best RPG in the fallout series, but the gameplay itself is still worthwhile, and it does have an appeal to it.

>I mean it's not a bad game,

It is a bad game. It's just a Far Cry with bulletsponges and mods that let you fap to it (which make it much better than Far Cry, but still miles away from being actually good)

You'll get tired of killing the same group of 6-12 raiders in a copypasted dungeon with hilariously posed teddy bears and mannequins around every corner

and the settlement building is absolute shit

It's the most shockingly buggy game I've ever played. I've been with Bethesda since Oblivion so i'm very familiar with the creation engine's specific kinds of jank that's universally shared between games released over a 10 year span.

Like even for these guys it's inexcusable. Which is a shame because this is my favorite Fallout i've played. I know New Vegas is better, but 4 just has a really good world, even if it is just using Fallout 3 as a template

The (updated) survival mode mostly fixes the bullet sponge issue. However the game is still pretty bad on a whole. You might enjoy parts of it, like others say it's an okay mindless shooter. But you might as well just play an actually decent shooter instead.

Survival mode is so fucking dumb. This game is waaaaaayyyy to buggy and getting stuck on geometry is very common so only being able to save in a bed just makes the game an anti fun pain to play

i swear this is another fucking groundhog-day thread...

There are mods which when combined with Survivor difficulty with mods make the combat pretty fast and intense. Basically every bullet is potentially lethal to humanoids. If there just was a mod that made taking cover end leaning possible, the combat would be fixed.

Same goes with building, but without mods the game would be pretty bad...

There is a mod that lets you take cover though.

Goddamn! This one totally escaped my notice. Thanks!

The modding community is in the gutter and Bethesda's updates have been pretty awful.
Feels like they think they can just pump out an empty wasteland because its "lore-friendly" and put less than half the effort and variety that went into Skyrim.
>no user you make your own cities
Eat shit Todd

I can almost guarantee you that Todd doesn't care even one bit about the Fallout games, he probably just uses them to test new shit for his TES games, i bet Skyrim2 is going to have settlement building, and it's going to be much better than in Fallout 4.

Hell, i wouldn't be surprised if they shoehorn some form of Dwemer magic space marine medieval armor too.

>"Fallout 4 > Fallout 3"
Fallout 3 was total garbage though. Of course a mediocre FPS with an XP counter would be better than it.

because putting numbers into a stat isn't fun.