Lets talk about Fire Emblem outside of Heroes

Lets talk about Fire Emblem outside of Heroes.

I love fire embem 1 too.

Swordmaster>Berserker>Lancemaster

Discuss

Ike>All

The fuck is a Lancemaster?

My bad, meant Spearmaster

GBA swordmaster were insane, but after that SPD nerf they became much less reliable. But I must admit that any ''Hero'' type swordman tend to be my go-to unit in any FE.

I still miss the glorious pixel animations.
Any chance they'd go back to it after the 3d games?

>Not +1 Magic
It's infinitely more frustrating than a blank level.

The fuck is a Spearmaster?

I'm playing this game for the first time
Well, I actually played it before but dropped it and now I'm past the dropping point
I feel these games are good, but really repetitive, also there are situations where you are due to lose a unit, either because the game forces you to risk or because you'd be spending 5 hours in a chapter if you don't
Also, I fucking lost Erk and Lucius TWO times: both Eliwood and Lyn's story

Nope. Even if they did, it won't look or animate as good. Just look at the mobile version.

Nobody does sprites anymore because it's apparently too expensive yet all the indieshit that comes out has decent spritework and they're made for the cost of a pack of bubblegum.

It's a shame, the animations were a huge part of the game for me. Guess I still have a lot of jap ones to play.

The apex of lance wielding classes. The lance version of swordmaster and berserker.

So a Halberdier?

Jap version of Halberdier, yes.

I've only played Awakening and Fates and want to go back for more, what should i play next?

[Unzips Katana] classes are gay, Wyverns are where it's at

sacred stones

FE 7 and 8 are pretty friendly, 4 and 5 are quite rough to get into but are amazing. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are hard to get a hold of, unless you emulate of course but they're good.

Gryphons > Dragons > Pegasus > Wyverns > Horses

The best class is Paladin and I will hear no plebs try to tell me otherwise.

Paladin is best.

Do Paladins even have a weakness? (Does Seth even have a weakness more importantly)

Paladins are only the best class because Titania is one.

>do paladins have a weakness

Naturally, weapons and classes with Beastbane more damage

There are some anti cavalry weapons but most enemies don't carry them, their biggest weakness is sand.

Paladins were the best class even before best girl came along.
pic related

What are people's feeling towards Shadows of Valentia? Seem like it's taking out the weapon triangle which is weird in an already weird game.

It should have third tier classes so I'm hyped for that

Cautiously optimistic, whether I buy or pirate depends on whether they shoehorn in a self-insert unit and kids.

why was the audio quality so fucking awful in that trailer?

If they don't change the maps, I'm going to bomb IS

>Seth
>weakness
hahahaha
no

I just hope they keep the 1-5 archer range.

Fire Emblem Echoes Elibe for Nintendo Switch

GIVE ME RED BADGES YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE GAME

MY WIFE NEEDS THEM

sorry wrong thread

7's pretty cool, but the 10 chapter long tutorial will probably make you want to kill yourself
9 is also pretty cool.

>tfw no more cute save file sprites like with PoR

>decide to play 7 again for the first time since it was released
>remember how fucking frustrating losing units is

Any tips for keeping everyone above ground? I've gotten a lot better at strategy but I can't seem to avoid occasionally losing a unit and I fucking hate it.

Accept the lose and move on

On ch 9 on FE6.

what the fuck were they thinking with some of these early game Radiant Dawn units, my whole team sucks and they just gave me an underleveled Knight with no Defense

>think that 4 & 5 are safe from being remade and butchered because most fans have never played them
>Gaiden getting a remake when it had even less love than Jugdral games

I don't know if I could handle seeing Treehouse butcher Genealogy and Thracia.

how to get Legault in chapter 20 of 7?the maps aren't hard in this game but the optional stuff has been real frustrating

Low movement kills from boredom.

Never played an FE before Heroes, but love S/TRPGs in general. What are some good FEs to emulate? The first dozen or so are only in JP right? Seems to be a dearth of ENG roms on my usual sites.

>Any tips for keeping everyone above ground?

It's a bit tedious compared to new Fire Emblem games due to the lack of dual screens but whenever you move a unit in range of multiple enemies and are unsure they'll survive always calculate how much damage they'll take if all of the enemies hit them.

Unless there's no other choice or the enemies have really low hit rates you should always avoid putting units in a position where they'll die if all the enemies in range manage to hit them. Do that and you'll find units will die far less often.

Marth's games, the GBA games, and Gaiden are garbage. The rest are alright.

Start with 7.
You can really play anything else from their, but 7's tutorial is egregious if you've played any other game in the series.

Sacred Stones, Path Of Radiance and Fire Emblem GBA are good places to start.

>Micaiah the mage who is reliable only for Thani bombs before promotion
>Edward the Myrm who can't dodge
>Nolan the Fighter who thinks he's a Myrm
>Aran thinks he's a Soldier
>that worthless Cavalier
>Meg the Armor Knight with 65% Speed and 35% Def
>Laura is bench material eventually because Micaiah is a forced unit

The DB is fucked up.

Speak to him with Lyn or the main lord. Since Legault tries to escape, you need to field your cavaliers so you can get to him quick enough.

Also even if you don't plan on using him or aren't using him field Marcus for the chapter and let him get some kills, otherwise it's easy to be blocked off by the cavaliers and Paladin miniboss and Legault will escape.

Pretty much every FE is translated.

It might be best to emulate one that was officially located since some of the older ones assume you have an instruction manual(which, emulating, you obviously don't), like Fire Emblem (no subtitle in English release, official subtitle Blazing Sword) or Fire Emblem Sacred Stones on GBA, or Path of Radiance on Gamecube. I've no idea what the status on 3DS emulation is anymore.

Don't be sleeping on my dude Nolan.

At least the Trinity of Prepromotes come along to save them after not too long.

I love Nolan, but IS was out of their mind with the DB. I also forgot Leonardo who is destined to be benched if he doesn't die.

You know that image can only happen with a glitch right?

7 is 'Blazing Sword' (or the first US GBA one) right? The numbering is very confusing with all the remakes.

Are the GC and Wii ones any good? I'd prefer to have them on my phone for mobility but if they're worth it, I wouldn't mind getting stuck on my PC for them.

Stop bullying Laura

Yes. I just picked it at random.

Which fire emblem game should I replay vee?

Holy shit, a FE thread that is discussing something other than waifus. Is this real life?

Yeah, they're pretty good. Radiant Dawn is very obviously rushed but it pretty much closes out Path of Radiance's story, in a sense.

Isn't FE7 Fiery Fire?

they show up on rare occasions

While I agree NoA is being too hammery with what is allowed I don't really hate them all that much. Fates is shit even if they were more faithful to the Japanese version. They would just have had petting which I really don't care about and that romance with drugging which while I don't think it was bad I can see why they were scared of keeping it. Especially with Pence now in office.

anyone think those attack staves might appear in FE Switch?

figured it would be the lord,the real annoying thing about this is that I can easily get up there fast but that would be done by Oswin soaking up all that exp which would suck.dudes invincible

Nice thread, but can we please take a moment to appreciate this beauty? (

please enjoy this OC

FE12

No. Anyone who played the SNES games first knows that the GBA animations were retarded because they didn't flow like a battle. Nothing wrong with them being over the top, but them running back to their half of the battlefield instead of having follow-ups for doubling / counters really irks me.

currently enjoying

Does anyone know if there's a fire emblem 11 romhack that allows you to play all the gaiden maps without having to kill over half your army each time?

There was no weapons triangle in FE2, either. The reason for this in FE15 is probably because the only axe users in the game are enemies. Ignore retards who say there are no axe users at all.

Good but it's not PERFECTION!

Why play the inferior class?

There wasn't one in FE1 either but they added it in Shadow Dragon. And I'm guessing they would add axe users with the class system.

they need to bring back those wyvern knights

A Great Knight is fine too
I really like both, Paladins just have the advantage of being in more games.

what people love about gba animations are the critical hits, which only work properly if the units keep returning to their starting position. Not moving back to the starting position always leads to much worse critical hit animations.

That's how the weapon triangle works, yes.

i always make both tana and vanessa wyvern knights

No axe users.

>His mount doesn't even fly
Sub-human

Based on that list there's no healers either

So I just beat FE4, and started FE5, and holy shit this game is frustrating.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to let healing staves be able to miss? Or to let some really powerful units get a chance to move/attack more than once per turn?

>turning amelia into the worst possible class
at least give her the boots jesus

>it really ERKS me

There are healers, but they're obviously going to be limited. There haven't been any axe users in any of the screenshots so far, either. There will be probably be (enemy) axe using Wyvern/Griffon Knights, though.

Wyvern Knights are shit, they need to bring back Griffon Knights.

Heal magic might just work like it did in Gaiden.

I feel you are right but until they show more I wonder how the class system is and what they will add to it.
Well we know it host HP to heal so there's that.

Your only other option for a General in Sacred Stones is Gilliam, and no one likes him.

>heal misses

>the generals are bad meme
how did this start?

>healers can't heal themselves

makes no friggin sense