Can we have a Diablo 2 thread?

Can we have a Diablo 2 thread?

Who is best girl?
Why is Diablo 3 so fucking boring to play?

because we destroyed the Worldstone
and now we are in Hell, where is no good vidya anymore
only rage

Titty javazon.

Andariel best girl.

Haven't played in a few years, but I always liked making weird pvm builds, never got into pvp.

My favorite was a dual Dream werebear enchantress melee sorceress.

Its strange though i still enjoy playing ~50h a season in diablo 3.

Fuck, forgot my picture.

Diablo 2 was fun back in the day, but let's be completely honest here: there's no reason to play D2 over Path of Exile.

Path of Exile is literally better in every imaginable way, and it's still receiving frequent updates and huge content expansions -- all for free. Yeah sure maybe you'll go back to Diablo 2 for them crispy 2D graphics, cozy soundtrack or just general nostalgia... but otherwise PoE is the ARPG king right now.

As for diablo 3, it's oversimplified, dumbed down, casualized garbage with a hilariously bad storyline, steam-lined gameplay. Nobody except a modern day blizzdrone would play that garbage.

>Why is Diablo 3 so fucking boring to play?

Maybe because it's an absolutely mindless game with no challenge or depth and only a marginal amount of customization since you're locked into a handful of endgame sets/legendaries that only support specific skills

>Why is Diablo 3 so fucking boring to play?
Trash itemization and zero character customization beyond picking what skills you use.

All action rpgs are equally boring to play but Diablo 3 has the least amount of item and character depth, so it becomes obvious how boring action rpgs are very quickly

>there's no reason to play D2 over Path of Exile.

Maybe when Path of Exile stops being an online only F2P game and gains modding support, until then there's plenty of reasons to play D2

>Path of Shit shill
Dude, just say that ARPGs are dead

Go play some more Median, nostalgiafag.

>Path of Shit shill
I won't deny this. I just think it's the spiritual successor to Diablo 2 and is better in every imaginable way. It's a complete upgrade as far as I'm concerned.

I loved D2 but PoE is such an unsatisfying game

>Go play some more Median
I've barely ever touched Median

>nostalgiafag.
POE and Grim Dawn are both better games than Diablo 2, but that doesn't mean that it's somehow obsolete and not worth touching

>Grim Dawn is a better game than Diablo 2

>POE and Grim Dawn are both better games than Diablo 2

Sober the fuck up.

Diablo 2 is definitely worth playing if you've never played it before. If you've already played the shit out of it, like I have, then there's no reason to go back when PoE exists and really adds so much to the ARPG formula

Also
>grim dawn
>good
thanks user I needed a laugh, you really made my morning

>tfw you realize Diablo is 21 years old

>Can we have a Diablo 2 thread?
You made it to 5 replies until someone mentioned path of exile. Not bad, OP. Try again tomorrow let's see if we can do better.

I still believe that D2 was a generally bad game just as bad as D3 at release. People have a massive nostalgia goggle whenever they talk about it and can't see how flawed it was.

Diablo was the only really good game of the trilogy.

Nova is one of my favorites to play

Nova skins. Where potential characters go to die.

>literally WoW aesthetics

Assassin is best girl!

>Diablo was the only really good game of the trilogy.

I love D2, but the first game was definitely something special.

X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse is better than Diablo 2 and LoD in every way. It is the best Dungeon-crawling lootgrinder/HnS ARPG ever made.
Dont ever get rid of your PS2s Sup Forums, it's the most important piece of gaming equipment you own.
Oh, btw, the X-Men Legends games dont emulate properly on PCSX2, just like the Norrath/Baldur's Gate games.

>WoW aesthetics
If only, the asshole that makes character models for HotS has been doing old WoW armor sets in his free time that will never be put into WoW. They look fucking amazing because they arent chained to a shitty 18 year old engine.

>play Assassin
>she loses her red pants

n-nani...

While maybe better (I'm ain't up with the new WoW), these are WoW aesthetics. Basically a worse version of WC3, separated by armor pieces with ugly boots and ugly giant wrestling belts and pauldrons.

I started D3 last weekend and I'm still having fun, fight me.

Because they made a number of irreversible mistakes in Diablo 3's design.

D2 is still perfect and I could bury another thousand hours into it no problem. Even though I've played every build to level 90+ and found almost every item in the game. Only items I haven't found is Tyrael's Might and Death's Fathom I think.

How? Adventure Mode?

It's just too fucking boring without the skill talent tree. Hell, why did they simplify that and add no fucking PvP at release?

One of the biggest mistakes with D3 is that the way you "grow" your character doesn't feel like progression. It doesn't feel like slowly building your skills and your build. Instead, you can change your entire build on a whim, at any moment. This removes the feeling of progression and the satisfaction of completing your build. It makes the game feel way more arcadey and less like a game where you're playing a role, a character in a fantasy world. Which is how it's supposed to be in an Action RPG.

Your choices just don't matter and don't feel important, since you can constantly change your build and completely switch play style. It makes the whole thing blasé.

I did the campaign first, which, even with the retarded excuse of a story, was still pretty cool and it's not like they fucked the lore at every corner.

Now I'm trying to work off the checklist for my seasonal character in adventure mode, which basically is trying to push the limits of what's possible in the current gear and gearing up for the next step at the same time.
And that's actually pretty fun, will do again next season once I'm finished here.