youtube.com/watch?v=apSH_kf_IZU
youtube.com/watch?v=wrn4gKmMDfY
youtube.com/watch?v=CcnKsbo9tXU
youtube.com/watch?v=xBaRP0ewGMs
youtube.com/watch?v=wxJ97dG-HLw
youtube.com/watch?v=jskJLgwky6A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

Get the uncensored patch and it becomes one of the best games I played in 2016. The battle system is probably my favorite turn based system and the difficulty always felt just right.

>using loadiine in 2017

I said 2016

>get uncensored patch
>still the same damn game

Yeah it's great. You get the good gameplay TMS offers with none of the bullshit from NOA.

Hi Nich

It's good, but I think its critical reception was significantly helped by lack of competition and the perceived decline of jrpgs in general. It has flaws in many important areas like story and gameplay structure and I feel it would've been regarded as a pretty good rpg in the PS1-PS2 era, but not hailed as one of the best like it is nowadays.

Sites like Polygon and Kotaku only gave it good scores because its censored

Who knows, I didn't play it because of censorship.

Was the EU version as censored as the Americucks one?

>He hasn't heard of the Brazilian Title Install Method

uncensor patch doesn't work with brazillian method, believe me I've tried

TMS was a better game than FFXV honestly

Yes, but the way to go with this game was pirating it and using the uncensor patch, you get the game as originally intended and don't give Nintendo a single penny.

What the fuck am I looking at?

>trans
>lesbian

What's the point?

Good dungeons, good combat, alright music, has social link type stuff but there's actually dungeons and bosses tied to several of them so they aren't just text dumps, likable characters. I had fun.

Between the bait-and-switch with SMTxFE and the English version pointlessly changing shit though it's a pain in the ass to talk about.

Same changes.

Better than Sun/Moon too.

well i couldn't even stand Sun/Moon after 3 hours.
at least TMS and FFXV i could finish

wait I thought we hated SMTxFE

Did they have a great opportunity to make a great game but they instead made J-pop Persona?

SMTxFE was an overage JRPG but a failure as a crossover

people are only praising it because it was WiiU exclusive

It's a pretty elegant blend of SMT gameplay with Fire Emblem characters and motifs.

Implementing the weapon triangle means most enemies and your party members have a physical weakness to a particular weapon type(e.g. axe users for swords), as well as follow up attacks based off hitting weaknesses, like a more choreographed press-turn. Instead of swapping out and fusing demons, you fuse new weapons which change your party members' weaknesses and grant them access to new skills, as a focus on long term character stat and skill development much like FE proper.

The dungeon design is pretty stellar too.

I think it stems more from general lack of other mid-profile jrpgs this gen (more like since last gen, but it's particularly pronounced now).

>wait I thought we hated SMTxFE

we do, it's trolls trying to pass it as a good game.

I wish I was a lesbian girl.
If like a magic fairy offered it to me I'd do it. Unfortunately irl trannies don't actually change gender, its just fantasy.

>I think it stems more from general lack of other mid-profile jrpgs this gen

the fucking Cold Steel games are better

But how many people know that from having played them?

If you're not a fucking braindead retard like this: Yes, the game itself has a really compelling battle system, amazing music and the characters are a ton of fun.

so comfy

They can't get a girl so they become the girl.

I would figure that more people played the Cold Steel games over Hashtag FE because:
*it's on two systems and both have a higher playerbase compared to the WiiU
*never lied about what it is (granted it kept the secret of going full Gundam in the last hour hidden)
*people comparing it to Persona 3/4

Will games on the Switch be just as censored?

Doesn't really matter since it's region-free.

I hope they are just to piss you retards off. Seriously you don't even give a shit about the fucking games themselves. Fuck off and die already.

Here your (you)

I'm not writing for yous, you really piss me off complaining about inane shit that changes nothing and that nobody should give a shit about.

>Changes the story
>Changes characterization
>Changes models to something less aesthetically pleasing
You might have an argument for Xenoblade X, but for TMS, it changed quite a lot.

I like the ones on bottom. They put effort on the designs. It would be nice if we were given the choice of getting either, but it's really not that serious. Censorship to me is something like what they did on bravely default, a lazy color over. This is just style change.

You don't get to decide what people should or shouldn't care in videogames. Videogames themselves are just a commodity and nothing vital.

Will I like this game if I know nothing about both SMT and FE?

Probably, if you like turn-based RPGs.

Yeah. You won't care about the last part of the plot since it suddenly apes Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, but as a fan I didn't care about it either way because it was extremely lazily written.

It was an above average jrpg. I liked how you can build every character and that the bosses weren't total pushovers. The final boss pushed my shit in hard. But yeah, the only characters I liked were Touma and Barry. And I didn't give a fuck about anything that was going on.

The real question is "Do I like Idol Culture"
Because if you don't, you will hate the game.

No. Not for reasons like this (), though that still sucks ass. It's not a Fire Emblem game, and it's not an SMT game. Basically just spit in the face of the fans of both series.

>Have to use a shitty clickbait ad to drum up discussion of this game.
Probably.

Just bought it, new and sealed. Might play it someday. I don't really care about censorship, since this shit is still nothing compared to stuff that got censored in the 90's. I'm too old to care.

Treehouse shills are getting butthurt.

I'm okay with turn based and idol culture.

Thanks. Guess I'll try it before selling my Wii U

Yes.
>have to learn a whole new language just to play games how they were meant to be played
Sounds like a lot of unnecessary work.
Meanwhile Sony has games with lewd underage girls in the west.

It's called LOCALIZATION, dude. Nobody knows what a gravure model is. They just simply changed the fucking term to magazine model, and they changed the photo shoot because bikini shoots in the middle of a fucking city make no sense to begin with.

>I like the ones on bottom. They put effort on the designs.
They literally look like costumes from a Dan "get in the van" Schneider sitcom

Fans will just crack it like they did the 3DS and Wii U and put out uncensor patches. I played this game with that.

The funny thing is NIntendo will still show sexualized per-pubescent girls, but won't let them talk about a sexually mature woman's thighs.

>caring about alternate costumes you see for 1 minute in your 60 hours long JRPG
That's ridiculous.

>Nobody knows what a gravure model is.
They didn't even bother to add an english dub to the western release so I'm not really convinced they were trying to accomodate english speakers.
It was just a case of treehouse bitches getting butthurt over muh soggy knees

>underage
how old is kat exactly?

From what I gathered it's basically a Persona game where the cast all works in the idol industry and the personas are all Fire Emblem characters. So if you like Persona you'll probably like it, if you're not into those sorts of games and/or were expecting something a little more Fire Emblem-ey then you'll be disappointed.

This argument is retarded and almost racist in nature. If someone runs into something they don't know, they can just look it up. Things aren't created to appeal to the sensibility of every culture, and when dealing with something from a different culture, the viewer is the one who should adapt, not the work itself.

>Nobody knows what a gravure model is
>Nobody in America could possibly understand the concept of a swimsuit shoot

Precisely. The language barrier is already pretty high for normies, so at the very least they should make sure everybody can understand what the fuck is going on at all times without having to look it up in a weeb wiki.

Nope, even if you liked Persona you would be disappointed in how shit it was.

>they changed the photo shoot because bikini shoots in the middle of a fucking city make no sense to begin with.
That's how the writers wanted it to go, if you have an issue with it you should tweet them and let them know how sexist they are

>The language barrier is already pretty high for normies
You actually think any normies bought this fucking game?

What's sexual about this image? That she has skin on her belly and legs and you can see it?

Do all little girls need to wear Burka's for fear of pesos? Have we really regressed that much into conservative values that it's like the Edwardian era in this shit?

They didn't even sub the battle dialogue. A huge chunk of the game's dialogue (including non-generic conversations that happen at the start of boss battles Tales of-style) is completely untranslated. So much for 'localization'.

>Do all little girls need to wear Burka's for fear of pesos?
mexicans can be pretty scary user

I want to strangle the person who made that top image because all 3 of those games were hot garbage.

>Whats sexual about letting you romance and impregnate a half naked 11 year old?

kys fag

Why did it sell like shit then? Why will it never get a sequel?

It's alright you should buy it Used if you already own a Wii-U and like JRPG otherwise nah.

This OST is sick:
youtube.com/watch?v=hwnuC_4dtk4
youtube.com/watch?v=apSH_kf_IZU
youtube.com/watch?v=wrn4gKmMDfY
youtube.com/watch?v=CcnKsbo9tXU
youtube.com/watch?v=xBaRP0ewGMs
youtube.com/watch?v=wxJ97dG-HLw

It's the Chris-chan Method

You don't though. It's implied you would later in Awakenings.

I Haven't played Heroes, so I don't know if you can in that one.

Not when there's equivalences. Like magazine models.

In the middle of a street miles away from the closest beach? It is hard to understand, yes.

>muh sex strawman, sorry, strawperson, because sexism, duh
Fucking end yourself already, the point is that it's a fucking retarded thing to do.

The game had like zero effort on marketing, the just localizated the game because NoJ said so, on top of having to re licence the music and VAs.

They barely gave a fuck about the game.

Because it had no marketing, it launched in a dead system, and half the people that even knew about it only complained about insignificant cosmetic changes instead of focusing on everything else that makes the game great.

Seems pretty racist that you think westerners should """""fix""""" the suggestiveness from japanese games
The audience who plays these games wants the fanservice intact

> miles away from the closest beach?

so this... this is the power of NeoGA/v/....
whoa...

>Why did it sell like shit then?

because the shitty marketing killed it. For fuck's sake it was branded as a SMTxFE crossover in trailers

Don't you see how short sighted that is?

>literally on a boat
HURRRRRR.

Yup. One of the best modern Atlus JRPGs since they went to shit.

>Not when there's equivalences. Like magazine models.
Nope, especially because something similar exists, there shouldn't be a need to change something. It would be particularly easy for a foreign viewer to adapt to it. Do you think Europe changes every mention of football in American movies into rugby?

youtube.com/watch?v=jskJLgwky6A

This is the #FE fanbase.

Virion for love

What?

I don't give a shit about clothes

>instead of focusing on everything else that makes the game great.

how can you focus on something that doesn't exist?

Sounds like some guys having some fun in their autistic little way.
Seems fitting for a fun game.

>literally on a boat

holy fuck this guy's not even trying. he looks ridiculous

also

"i still want to fuck chicks"

lol nah dude you can't have your cake and eat it too

this fucking guy

If anyone thought SM was a good game they need to take a long look at themselves in the mirror. It doesn't compare to Platinum, it doesn't compare to Emerald, it doesn't compare to HGSS, it doesn't compare to BW2, and hell, it doesn't even compare to ORAS.

It's linear, filled with loli pandering, and to top it all of there's no national dex. It's also power creep fucking central.

It's not quite the same thing.

In America you jerk off to the swimsuit model and then get on with your life not really giving a shit about who she is or what she is like. Gravure is manufactured cult of personality shit that thoroughly fetishizes almost every aspect of borderline underage, and a lot of the time just straight underage, girls.

I think it's a little of both- most JRPG releases over the past few years have been either low-budget weeb games that only weebs pay attention to (Atelier, Neptunia, Trails) or Final Fantasy, so yeah, games that wind up in the middle will get a decent amount of attention. But at the same time exclusive/first-party releases on any platform, especially one that has nothing but first-party games, always tend to get a disproportionate amount of attention.