FFXIV Thread

Post your other shit here, like Shillblood and Yoshi crying about pre-orders, as per usual.

Why does Yoshi-P always kill off the good characters? Who else agrees that Gaius was one of the best FF Villains in the franchise? Who else thinks he needs to come back? Who's going to help us with Garlemald in 5.0? Gaius is the perfect person to do this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dLRcuojE7Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=GIaP-50bqKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hopefully this is the new XIV thread... Damn WoWfugees that skipped all the cutscenes might not even know who Gaius is...

Gaius is old and busted.

haha ur ded

Is thordan ex harder than sophia?

>Void Ark
>having a tryhard BRD with Zurvan weapon who pulls the first boss in the group
>having a Kinna weapon Roe with full shire and PvP + relic glamour in the grow
>who uses their LB when the third boss was still at 20%
>who runs ahead of everyone to pull all the trash mobs and locks several from the alliance out
>declaring himself as MT despite being in group A
>laters yells in chat telling a PLD to drop shield oath at Echidna
Weekends, man.

Everything is hard than Zurvan and Sophia.

not anymore. I learned it in like 20 minutes. A few weeks ago

Zenos is going to knock him out of the park as a "villain".

They all die at the peak of their greatness. It's why the fans love them so much.

Xenos looks like "Le angry guy" with lots of rage.

Gaius is infinitely more complex than any character in XIV.

All the remnants of 1.0 must die.

I wish we had more screentime for Regula, he seemed like a decent character by the time we got to Zurvan. Shame he died there really.

buff paladin

SAM confirmed yet?

The order I got tanks to level 60 was WAR -> DRK -> PLD.

I really enjoy sitting back and turning off my brain for PLD, but I do feel like they need a little extra help. Here's to hoping Stormblood will make them more interesting.

Regula is literally General Leo

Zenos appropriates and assimilates cultures into his own. He even dresses in Ala Mhigan and Doman war clothing because they were worth taking for the Empire's continued glory.

Gridania's Wood Wailers/Twin Adders and Ul'Dah's Immortal Flames are next on his to-do list.

so zenos is a weeb?

Buttons I have to press in order to be efficient nerf when?

>Yoshi crying about pre-orders
Wait what?

Overtly so, just without the inane unintelligible weeb speak.

What? There is already one on /vg/. Why are you posting a general on Sup Forums?

That shit was fucking awesome. Regula can't even use magic and he goes toe to toe with an Elder Primal.

>cultural appropriator
Literally the worst

will 4.0 add garlean armor
please

>tfw I skipped that cutscene thinking it was just more nonsense

He may not be complex but I would much rather fuck Arbert.

anyone have nin opener ?

Never tried healer in xiv for some reason...how are they to play and level?

Don't play White Mage, it's boring. Go with something like Scholar or Astrologian instead.

pretty fun
you can be healbot but its more fun being dps healer

>it's another Mary sue OC jap fetish self insert raid companion episode

The ending to Alex story was pretty good tho. Was kinda like a TNG episode.

Can we all agree that the Garleans have all been great?

Nael, Gaius, Regula, all held their own through 1.X, 2.X and 3.X respectively.

Now we just need to hope that the 4.X Garlean will be just as memorable and die just as gloriously.

>just reached ilvl 230 on my DRK
>want to spam sohm al hard for filibuster set to gear up more
>afraid I'm going to be too much of a shitter to handle larger pulls and get yelled at from my groups that I'm too slow/taking too much damage

this hurts

>toe to toe
That's a bit of an overstatement, don't you think?

why isn't there a wind up minion of this guy yet.

I just want a little mini judge magister to follow me around, but NONE of them have minions, ffs

The Garleans have been great so far. I'm really hoping that 4.0 expands on them more

Scholar is even more boring than whm.

He is killing off Characters to make room for Heavensward characters to join the Scions.
Estenien, so get ready for more of him berating Alphinaud. Also finally a member of the Scions that isn't fodder.

>thread on reddit about some retard FC leader who gave a random guy full privileges who ended up claiming the FC house while the leader was signed off and sold it on him
>entire thread is full of people reacting as if this was somebodies actual house in real life
>make a post saying the guy was a fucking retard for letting random people have full access like that and he got what was coming to him
>le downvoted en masse with death threats and comments trying to make me feel bad

holy shit there really are no good XIV communities out there aside from the random Sup Forums threads huh? Because the /vg/ thread for XIV is full of nothing but namefags and circlejerking

>Garleans see the echo as something as dangerous as vile as beast men!
>Die protecting someone for having the echo
Eorzea propaganda is nothing but lies.

>AST gets balance
>gives it to himself

I want to play BLM more but I feel like I'm doing less damage than my SMN. Enochian is a hot mess with how these recent fights are designed to make you move a lot.

Estinien sucks as a character tho, he really shouldn't come back.

There is nothing i enjoy more than holy spamming

The only way to discuss XIV properly is in-game with friends and your own FC/Linkshells. Trying to discuss outside the game is a recipe for a disaster as you end up talking to people that never made it past the trial giving their opinion as if they played for hundreds of hours.

Also he kills off alot of good characters, and leaves the shit ones intact.

Dead = Moenbryda, Ysayle, Gaius

Alive = Pink Hair Sultana, "Boring Incarnate" Thancred, "Put me to Sleep" Y'shtola.

We'll never get rid of Y'shtola now because Japs love her to death, but Thancred man, what the fuck that guy has zero personality.

So they claim that the last fanfest is gonna have the most news out ofntje three. What else are they gonna have besides the other new job(s)? Only thing that jumps out at me is the new housing district.

*touches scar*

>garleans end up being the most badass characters in the whole of the XIV mythos
>still no minions of them
>still no armor or weapons from them

this is truly unfair

>only 2 jobs
>no races
>yoshi said they have only revealed 50% of the info

>Poochie roe
>good
Any friend of Minfilia is no friend of mine.

Appropriation is why the Roman Empire and early Christianity were so successful:
If you got invaded by Rome you received citizenship and access to novel infrastructure like aqueducts and toilets. Getting invaded meant you could still practice whatever beliefs you had- only with a huge increase in your quality of life, in exchange for service as a vassal state. Ditto, Christianity got so popular because they made up new holidays to accomodate pagan ones.

Appropriation is great because it means everyone is just different members of the same team. Adopt and adapt, as it were.
What doesn't work is the West's "melting pot" meme where a bunch of discrete cultures with rigid doctrine and diametrically opposed beliefs try to live with each other.

Reddit is fucking cancer, tried to use that site once to talk about the Spider-Man T-Shirt speculation from Fan-Fest, and got downvoted for no reason.

Never again will I use that piece of trash website.

There is room for development with him, intermingling with MHIGGERS and more of the Garlean empire. Seeing as how he can fight Nidhogg's shade off with his mind, its fair to say no doubt he has the echo.
Moenbryda was just a personality dished up, to die, everyone saw it a mile away. I agree the Sultana can die. Thancred is boring as fuck.
At least Estenien can DO SOMETHING.

She had more personality than half the scions combined tho.

you get that one armor, or least the body/head piece

>burger king crown SMN who Ifrit-egi pulls bosses rolling need on mage gear in WP despite him having better gear and a lesser geared mage asking for it
Nothing unusual here.

Yeah but for no explained reason, you can come in to a story with a great personality, but without backstory you cannot get involved with them properly. She was a shoehorn.

I want to be a mentor just for the sake of unlocking the roulette and nothing else
Is that weird?

Bullshit, Estinien is le meme kid who's angry at Dorgons.

He has a full on chubby for Alphinaud tho, so the only reason I see him coming back is so they can have a gay character romance storyline happen (if they dare be that bold, lol... I doubt it tho)

Fact of the matter is, all the good characters are dying and all the shit characters are staying alive. (Although Papalymo is w/e to being dead, Yda is far and away a better character than him anyways)

New race (?)
New beast tribes
More explanation as to how the revamped combat/job UI works
More new things to be added (glamour log, minimum ilvl sync version of khloe,
Showing off the Stormblood main theme
Misc announcements like FFXV crossover event or PSO2 collab

Moenbryda wasn't really around long enough to be that great of a character. Ysale needed to die, we needed one last kick in the pants heading into Azys La, plus she was pretty much a broken person after big H burst her bubble about beunv Shiva reborn. Gaius is the only real tragedy, he still had tons of potential.

Also there's still hope for the potato princess IF they ever bother to show her having learned a lesson from the 2.55 debacle. Too bad we've been fillowing Ayyyyyyyymeric around for over a year now instead.

She had some pretty good friends tho, the good ones just didnt hang out with her all the time.

Post best dungeon music.
Don't worry I already have.
youtube.com/watch?v=dLRcuojE7Pc

Yea but a Shoehorn that still manages to outshine Thancred, who's been with the story since 1.0.

They had an opportunity to expand on her, but they chose to off her so quickly.

I just want a Rag Rappy minion

>minimum ilvl sync version of khloe
You know that was just an idea some Anons here had, right?

This one is better
youtube.com/watch?v=GIaP-50bqKI

>their attempts to "develop" Thancred were to make him into a brooding edgelord that shed what little personality he previously had

I really don't understand who this character is supposed to appeal to

The 2nd worst part of XIV story was keeping Sultana alive... the #1 offender is "Hey! Why don't we toss these super powerful dragons eyes off a random cliff! Yea that'd be a great idea!"

Y'sayle/Shiva and Nidhogg/Hraesvalgr story were the best parts of heavensward.

So who's ready for Yda to take over the Scions?

>Krile
>good
She's certainly better than most of them, but I hardly like her.
At least she's a plainfolk and not a dunekike like Tataru, make her less offensive for being a potato.

I know, I was the same user that proposed it.

>want to gather comfy and in peace
>that one asshole who idles with his manacutter near some nodes

>>burger king crown SMN who Ifrit-egi pulls bosses rolling need on mage gear in WP despite him having better gear and a lesser geared mage asking for it
A less geared mage?
You get i90 gear for free after doing your level 45 and 50 job quests.

Well yeah like I said rignt now it's pretty weak, I was just saying that there's potential there if they choose to develop it. I would love a scene where that bitxh cold heartedly orders some traitors executed or something, show she's not a pushover anymore. But it probably won't happen.

>emotionally unstable Mhigger
>leadimg the Scions

This will surely end well

She shows up and immediately proceeds to bully Alphinaud and lust after shota cock. She's bretty gud.

Oppai Khloe

I meant Weeping City. Should have made that clear.

yda is a mhigger?
i thought shes hyuran masterrace

>"Hey! Why don't we toss these super powerful dragons eyes off a random cliff! Yea that'd be a great idea!"

People always complain, but nobody ever mentions a better solution. Like it was a super deep abyss that no living thing could have traversed.

Couldn't keep hold of the eyes, it would have possessed the WoL and brought about the end of the world. Couldn't have let Fuccboi hold an eye because he'd have been corrupted instantly. Cant destroy them because they are giant aetherbombs that would have taken Ishgard with them. Cant wait for containers from Ishgard because Estinien would have likely been retaken by then.

They had zero options and took the only one that didn't end in possession or complete destruction. Sure it came back to haunt them, but there was literally nothing anyone could have done in that situation. Who knew the WoD would sacrifice their temporary lives to find them in the abyss and deliver them to the Ascian's?

she's the lost princess of Alabama Mhiggers

Mhiggers are hyurs.

>WoL would've been possesed
>after Nidhogg's soul had already exploded

I ain't buying it

Alphinaud/Alisae are probably the best two characters remaining in the storyline. Everyone else is kinda bleh right now. Although Yda is showing some potential.

Pleb taste detected

>I meant Weeping City. Should have made that clear.

Glamor is the true endgame. If I wanted glamor gear from an instance then i'd roll need to.

best way of getting vilekin from leves?
what difference do large scale and regular have when getting them?

It wasn't the first time that happened though. Remember that Nidhogg lost both his eyes to the original Thordan and his knights. He still managed to find a way to get one from his brother. Losing his body and his eyes is just a temporary setback for Nidhogg.

Hey I don't play healers much anyways.

I usually stick to the funnest role in the game: Melee DPS.

Nobody has to pass a need, but it's still typical for a "mentor" - who supposed to help - to not give a shit. There was another mage who passed on mage gear and who didn't have a birthday crown.

show your worth regular leve

Do small scale leves in dravanian hinterlands (preferably the malboro one)

chance of chest spawning is 1 in 5. I got like 23 vilekin off 100 leves.

They nerfed the chest spawn rate awhile back.

His soul didn't explode though, you cant get any more dead than that.

each normal leve has a chance to spawn a chest that will always have 1 vilekin inside. large scale leves have the same chance to spawn a chest except it will have 5 vilekin inside.

In terms of leve : vilekin ratio regular is better, large if you're lazy and are only farming them for the very long term e.g your leves are overflowing and you're not gonna need vilekin anytime soon

got it, heard you could get them from large scale too though
does that give any benefit?

wait what
23 vilekin?