Not trying to start a flame war or anything, but why does everyone here think that this game is the worst thing ever?

not trying to start a flame war or anything, but why does everyone here think that this game is the worst thing ever?
Is it just because of the combat? Everyone that shits on this game mentions how bad the combat is.

>but why does everyone here think that this game is the worst thing ever?
What? Sup Forums generally likes it.
The ones that do dislike it definitely bring up the combat though. It's easily the weakest part of the game.

Sup Forums and most people in general love The Witcher 3. How the hell did you get the impression people don't like it?

Stop listening to the vocal minority

Its one of the most successful games ever, what the fuck are you on about

Confirming that Witcher 3 is generally liked.

Fallout 4 and Skyrim are pieces of crap, as they should be.

combat sucks
inventory was terrible before updates, it still sucks but bearable.

rest of the game is amazing

>not trying to start a flame war or anything

Yes you are.

I only ever found the combat bland. You're only able to do the same handful of things ever. All flying enemy battles for example.

What bothered me more was the pretty but nonfunctional world. Like being unable to get out of the water without a beach to walk on or invisible walls across a certain mountain that looks traversable.

it's because some posters really do take literally all bait

>not trying to start anything, but let me ask you this thing that thousands of people across thousands of threads have already thoroughly expanded upon real quick, but I'm totally not trying to start anything guyze!

Fuck off.

>Gameplay is historically bad
>Story a shit
>Graphics are fine, Character Models are great, Landscape/Architecture/Overworld is an uninspired shitstorm
>>Story-Based DLCs for a buggy, unfinished game that already has a shit main plot

I don't think so, Polacks. For what it's worth, it's not just the Combat. All of the gameplay (Gwent, Horse-Riding, Witcher Senses) is complete hogwash.

The "game" may as well have been movie or a VN, at least then maybe they could have written a properly paced storyline.

Well yeah, the combat wasn't great, but the game was still amazing.

Shouldve learned your lesson by now and go to reddit if you want a positive discussion about games.
user forums are all about shitting on games and game companies.

So why are quests like Gothic 2's hardly around anymore? Because that sort of quest is cool on paper but increasingly becomes frustrating the more it's implemented because video games are transparent as fuck.

serious question. What W3 combat should be like to be good for an open world game?

It's a great game. While the combat does get easy fairly quickly, it's still very stellar. Don't let the shitposting get to your head.

It's not like the combat in Bloodborne or dark souls or nioh is any better than attack, roll, attack, roll, attack, roll etc

It's good, just not as good as The Witcher.

if the game was more snappy camera/movement wise and was more like chivalry, where blocking is a bit of a challenge and make the combat feel more dynamic (where hitting characters in different places affected them differently) than just a boring lock on press [button] to win.

It's not the worst game ever, it's just not a particularly good game. Most of the quests are well-written but the actual gameplay is dull and the combat is straight up bad

You guys didn't turn all the indicators off?? Explains a lot of the criticism lmao.

because those kinds of quests are too hard for casuals, and casuals = main audience

If the devs spent a huge budget on a game, then in order to get that money back they need the biggest audience to buy their game.

Hardcore/oldschool gamers are a small group of people

casuals ruined everything as always

Most of Sup Forums likes it and shills hard for it.

I personally hate it. The combat is bad and geralt is probably the worst powerwank Mary sue faggot I've seen in modern media.

Not just the combat itself but also everything around it like the level scaling, character development, enemy ai, enemy placement, random items etc all need to be reworked to make it feel less like doing the same shit from level 1 to max level.

Also the character of the witcher itself is hampering gameplay. He is a master swordsman. A master magician. A master alchemist. A master hunter. A master everything. He is basically op in any regard from the beginning to the end. No sense of achievement. No sense of character customization. No sense of danger ever - everything you meet you can beat. No excitement for new abilities since you can do everything from the start.