Sup Forums what was wrong with this game? please explain

Sup Forums what was wrong with this game? please explain.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0Ai1bh-D3K8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dumb cutscenes

I actually found mildly entertaining! I did not know people disliked it desu this actually made me wanna play the original.

Everything.

The level design wasn't adjusted for the new engines mechanics and it made gameplay really wonky

Snake does 2 or 3 ridiculous stunts that weren't present in the original therefore this game is shit.

But was he not a genetically modified test tube baby using big bosses dominant genes? Sry its been years since I played the mgs series.

yea guess that makes sense.

>new textures look too clean and plastic, remove all the dirt, cracks and such from the original
>MGS2's controls, which were dependent on pressure sensitive buttons, transplanted into a GC pad are awkward as fuck to say the least
>first person aiming makes an already easy game ridiculously trivial
>even discounting the ridiculous backflips and shit, most scenes were edited for the worse, like snake throwing a tantrum when he finds out the old man lost the keycard or disc or w/e it was
>VA was rerecorded to greatly subdue/remove the accents, so everyone sounds more neutral, though I guess that's a matter of taste

It wasn't on Playstation. That is all.

Liquid had the dominant genes, and regardless Big Boss didn't go around 720noscoping and doing silly pirouettes just because he could either.

Liquid has the recessive genes of Big Boss, that's why he has blonde hair. Solid was given the dominant genes.

Solid Snake was the weaker of the two, Ocelot says so after the ending.

Reminder that The Twin Snakes is the events of MGS1 as told by Otacon, so of course he's going to exaggerate Snake's heroics.
Just like his Japanese animes.

Naked Snake wasn't a genhanced super soldier clone. Just a rad dude.

Ha! guess at least I owe to this game introducing me to the mgs series but I can definitely see why people disliked it. didn't this game come out when matrix was a thing thus making the cqc sequences exaggerated?

I don't think you understand what dominant and recessive mean. It has nothing to do with weakness or strength.

Good observation never thought of it that way.

Then I don't see how that relates at all to the argument and why was it brought up in the first place, since hair color has fuck all to do with slowmo backflipping abilities.

Game looks ugly stylisticly. Textures are bland colored and have less variance than the PS1 game. Characters look worse than 2.

I was correcting your mistake. You said Liquid had the dominant genes. This is untrue.

Considering it came out on game cube I would think so.

I did not mean liquid I meant solid snake my apologies.

It's a less iconic version of MGS1. It's kind of like a "why would you bother?" situation when not only does the original play better, it has better voice acting and cutscenes back when the characters were just pixelated faces that bobbed their heads when they talked. Says a lot about the game if you can add ears nose mouth and eyes to things and still break immersion more often.

>VA was rerecorded to greatly subdue/remove the accents
It was rerecorded because the original english dub was done in a makeshift studio in an apartment and the higher quality sound on the GCN picked up background noise like cars driving by. The VA just ended up putting out shit performances but i can't really blame them. Hayter had to give a cut of his paycheck to get many of them back because Konami were being cheap asses.

No worries.

>MGS
>immersion
I just love it when people shit on Twin Snakes for being over the top etc. as if Metal Gear Solid was grounded in any kind of fucking reality.

They got rid of sexy Asian waifu's accent so it's shit.

Hmm I did not know that... poor David Hayter.

The PS2 was the console of that gen with a bunch of games with reduced and often bland color palette because of its shitty 4MB VRAM.

>original
>play better,
>better voice acting
>cutscenes
Only a nostalgia fag could be this willfully wrong.

>as if Metal Gear Solid was grounded in any kind of fucking reality
MGS1

Theres a really good documentary with the voice actors that goes into detail about this stuff would definitely recommend giving it a watch.

youtu.be/0Ai1bh-D3K8

What's up with this influx of fataass Redditors who no longer know how to use uppercases?

Omg the nastalgia is flooding in!

Yeah, MGS1 is the game I'm talking about. You know, the one with the cyborg ninja, ESP psychokinetic gas mask gimp, the virus that kills people minutes after they come in contact with it? Liquid's mustache twirling act?
Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but that is some saturday morning cartoon shit.

MGs1 Is great

Whatever you say, Reddit.

What the fuck

It is. But it's still ridiculous.