Mecha/Gundam game thread

Will it save japanese mecha games on consoles? Will it bring about a new age of team based 3D arena fighters to the west? Will your favorite suit make the cut? Probably not unless you're a main suit fag

I'm prepared for my fav unit to be shafted for them to make space for more Unicorn variants.

You mean Freedom/Strike Freedom/Astray variants. This is supposed to be aimed at the west, so expect plenty of Seed (and Wing) pandering.

>to the west
lmao, keep dreaming baka gaijin

the director wants to make this a global release, it's getting an english asian version, they trimmied down the name, plus it won't be the first exvs game to come over.

Okay, but what are the odds of it getting a Steam release?

Not high. Specially after that "Rise of Immortals" debacle.

Fucking lol hope that's a joke
They're always going to be Sony console exclusives

33% chance. There's been some surprising Jap releases on Steam the past few years, but this is a Gundam game.

Is there anything else around similar to Front Mission? Or is the closest I'm going to get Ring of Red?

I don't understand the thought process of Japs. Gundam is globally one of the most popular anime of all time, why only release the games in Japan?

Because it's not actually that popular outside Japan (unless you're Seed for some reason)

Aside from Ring of Red, the closest you'll get to more mecha SRPGs or TBS sort of games are the SD Gundam series and SRW, which aren't quite as "realistic" as Front Mission or Ring of Red.

It's a shame a property like VOTOMs wasn't adapted into a similar vein since it sees the mecha as disposable units which act as coffins for everyone except Chirico.

Just because you like it, and you know there are fans outside of Japan doesn't mean it will sell enough to justify going through the process of releaseing something worldwide.
It costs money you know.
Now take it into account that this genre is originally aimed for the arcades, which are only alive pretty much in Japan alone. Niche genre, relatively niche franchise (as far as outside of Japan is concerned), and suddenly it's not that hard to understand why releasing it outside of Japan isn't automatically a good idea.

That doesn't explain the thought process that Bamco went through when they did english asian versions for their 2 latest gundam games but only decided to release the shittier one on a deadass console.

>sadly not G pandering

G migh actually get some stuff. Didn't they (finally) add Shining Gundam to EXVS in MBOn? Because I honestly don't ever remember seeing it in NEXT Plus and FB.

>Will your favorite suit make the cut
already did

GV better have proper LAN and spectator options. If fucking Splatoon can get them Bamco has no excuses.

I was pretty surprised 2bh. Gives me hope for lesser units to show up.

I missed him so much after PSP version
but yeah, have some hopes as well. Just don't forget Hildofr from full boost

The western exvs community is terrible

that's why you gather few close friends and play in that group only

what the hell is going on with those numbers

they changed the prices, I think it's now 1000 points per team

Cost numbers, have you played a Gundam VS Gundam game before?

i know of them, just didn't know they weren't using the old system system.

ah, right.

>Will your favorite suit make the cut?
>Woundwort
Nope

If there's a true never ever for PC, that is Gundam games.

But what about SDGO and MSGO?

> SDGO
Forever dead
>MSGO
It's shit and UC only

MSGO is in desperate need of a sequel/new engine.

>UC Only

I'm not even trying to be a UC supremacist but they are the most popular mobile suits.

It needs optimization and the memory leak fixed. doubt any of that will happen though.

I'd rather have a non F2P polished Battle Operations westren release.

I don't know man. A sequel with better graphics and maybe some destruction physics/larger battlefields could be good

Battle Operations needed larger battles for what it was trying to do gameplay wise.
Hell, give Battle Operations the scale of MSGO and release it in the west for a massive killing

>Exia
>Barbatos
Just need my boy Destiny and I'm set.

>DOM or it's variants
Probably not.

That's too bad because is mostly early UC and Z, not even Advance of Zeta, ZZ or CCA.
SDGO had a great variety of MS, I miss that.

Actually, we've been getting stuff from ZZ and Unicorn for a while. They've just been avoiding going all in on those eras and choosing to stay in Z.
It's a mess.

game is optimized for japanese potato PCs. We'll never get that stuff unless it's on a PS4

>not even afvance of Zeta, ZZ or CCA

where have you been? Hyaku-shiki Kai, ZZ, Zaku III were just added and Geara Douga variants and the Bawoo were added ages ago.

>no western Breakers 3 despite having an english asian release

What's the matter, can't import games? Play it digital then.

>tfw Singaporean

>importing is hard

Shiping is expensive as hell here in PR

Play it digital then or get a job, fucking poorfag

how much? it's 7~$ SAL to russia