Bethesda designs

>Bethesda designs

>Obsidian designs

That's a black isle design though

and?

and obsidian has designers from black isle

I like both, as well as pic related.

A lot of people from Black Isle work at Obsidian, and Obsidian did create that model entirely on their own.

I never liked the re-creation of this armour in New Vegas.

It always seemed too Skinny.

What now Obsidrone?

still lmaoing @ your finding-shaun-simulator

This would be perfect with thinner legs

I thought this was a design discussion. Nice moving goalposts

The only good part of this is the helmet and that's just the same old APA helmet from Fallout 2.

>using Power Armor in ANY Fallout game

Only thing more disgusting is using Ranger / Riot gear in NV

Is this Fallout Tactics? Is the Hellfire armor the only armor Bethesda developed on their own?

Yeah no, that's what they did in 3/NV and it looks shitty.

Whatever man, whether you like or not FO4 has the best power armor.

Get out wastelander scum.

The invisible power armor is the best thing they've ever done.

>Walk by Marcy Long
>she says something incredibly cunty and ungrateful
>wonder why I'm supposed to want to help these fucking invalids

can this be a new vegas thread now?

I like it, but it always bothered me that the sprite for Advanced Power Armor looked like this, but all the talking heads looked more like this

>Using power armor
>Not beating down hordes of ghouls and super mutants naked
Casuals

>the helmet doesn't open to the sides like it's supposed to
>rust and shit everywhere
Trash.

Forgot how fucking shitty that HUD was.

The settlement building and everything related to it was absolute trash.

>lightweight ceramic composites
>rust

It didn't work in 3 since it was stuck with those default human animations and stature
The originals were somewhat top heavy and had nice imposing stances, 4's are better than 3 but are too tanky and need better animations

I forgot all about Hellfire armor. Did it ever appear in F4?

It's pre-war armor now :^)

I'm not the biggest fan of FO4, but I gotta admit the Redesign of that armor looked rad.

Still sexier than ever

>How can Bethesda drones even compete?

Composite implies it's not entirely ceramics, but an amalgam of other materials, which can include metals, which would rust

Notice how x01 and T51 dont get as rusted out as T45 does, since T45 armor is riveted steel plate. T60 too, now that i think about. Raider is always rusty since it's literally random scraps.

I don't think so. I only played through Fallout 4 once before I uninstalled it though.

Not going to discuss realism in a game with talking zombies :^)

Certain bolts aren't even attatched to the armour and float off when you equip a weapon.

They are not zombies you racist shitlord.

Power armor is pointless in every modern Fallout game. There are better non powered armor alternatives available in every game.

Ignoring the fact that Fallout 4 is shit overall, what did you guys think of the conceptual redesign of power armor? Did you like power armor as a clunking mech suit, or do you prefer it as less-bulky, less-intrusive armor set like in NV?

Something inbetween the two would better fit its depiction in FO1 and 2, and the over all 50s/60s pulp style the games do so well.

>big, intimidating, but also sleek and streamlined in terms of silhouette

Basically, give the 3/NV models a tiny bit of bulk and height, and the animations/sound design of 4, and you have a winner

Something like this maybe

Power armor is great in F4. The problem (as with most things in Fallout 4) is implementation. They give you a full set of power armor within the first 30 minutes of the game so it removes that power build up. Power armor was a big fucking deal in the past games, and it was worth it to work your way towards it.

should i buy F4 and the season pass while they're on sale on humble bundle?

Absolutely not. Pirate it.

It's a Bethesda brand knock-off of the advanced power armor.

Pirate

Also, why are Bethesda games (Especially TES and recent FO games) regarded as good and above?

Their animations, gameplay and mechanics are on par with games from 10 years ago, i really don't get why they are so popular

Nah, that's still way too expensive. Especially since half the DLC is settlement shit using vanilla assets.

It's Second Life for people who think they're too cool for Second Life. Escapist faffery for autists.

alright I'll wait. Anything else I should buy for around $30 usd?

>Get power armor in Fallout 1/2
>Most attacks don't damage you at all anymore
>Explosions, energy weapons and deathclaw attacks can be brushed off with a stimpack or two
>People comment on your being a huge badass
>Get power armor in a 3D Fallout game
>It's slightly more protective than leather armor

Bethesda's Fallout designs became worse after they lost Adam Adamowicz. Adam's concept art for Fallout 3 were its best part.

The hookers in New Reno give you so much shit if you're in power armor.

Beth couldn't translate it into the game for shit.

What's a cool mechanic like you doing in a shit game like this?

Why is it made of plastic?
Why is the ground made of plastic?
Why has the plastic rusted?

4 really does do power armor perfectly

One of the three things it does right

Wait for the inevitable """"GOTY"""" edition

>Everyone suddenly likes the fuckugly Fallout 4 power armor

What are the other 2?

Ghoul ladies for one.

>Not posting best power armor

its like this board is full of plebs

That's more like it.

>Not posting best power armor
Hold up let me post it for you

NCR Ranger armor is honestly one of the best deaigns ever.

well what's the other one?

The uninstall option.

More like
>obsidrone thread completely backfires

>only ones you can get ingame are either shit tier condition or looted off rangers you kill

>have to get vilified by the NCR to get the best NCR armor

What did obshitian mean by this

nah, you can get the elite riot gear from the BULL AND THE BEAR DLC, and its much better than the advanced ranger armor.

Check yer safehouse.

>he didn't get a safehouse key

>suddenly

>Not being aligned with the NCR and getting free ranger armour from the safehouse they gift you
>Not just going to the divide and looting it off some marked men

T.never played new vegas

>not just modding out the stupid durability mechanic

for what reason?

I´m not a casual.

I think Fallout 3 is a pretty big piece of crap, but I always liked their APA redesign. Mostly because it's like the only one PA in their game that doesn't have comically sized pauldrons.

Good recreation of the helmet, but too skinny overall (and you can't help that without adding silly amounts of clipping), and while making that thing on the back a ventilator is cheeky, I never quite liked that. I always thought it was a radiation symbol since those things are powered by nuclear batteries.

>Power armour that isn't shaped as if you're riding a horse

The HUD is annoying bullshit.
The constant CLANK CLANK CLANK is annoying bullshit.

Beakies are cool. Regular Spess Muhreens suck.

Good thing they fixed it in 4

>Has the best paint job out of all power armors, just pure clean white paint
>can't get it until you have beaten the game
Well fuck you too.

Are there any mods that add this to the other FO games?

they didn't. the legs are too big, making it bottom heavy when it's supposed to be top heavy.

Power armour in Fallout 4 is the best representation of PA in any Fallout game thus far
They were fighting Chink tanks in PA before the war. It makes no sense for it to be like it is in the other games
It's an anti-tank tank suit, not designer skinny-armour

*best visual representation
Fo1/2 had best mechanical representation

This
The power armor is probably the only thing F4 did objectively better than all the other games.

Right. Yeah. Visual.
It is retarded that a gigga nigga pure titanium plate can be disintegrated by some piece of shit 10mm pistol

You could also go to the Zion valley and find the desert ranger version of that armor along with the survivalist rifle.

It's supposed to look heavy in general. FO2 only appears that way because isometric gameplay.

>gross, tonally-clashing, impratical product of the edgy early 2000's, complete with a gay six pack and cape
>best

I kind of like the helmet but you're right about the rest, yes.