I was a poorfag growing up and as a result missed out entirely on handhelds for most of my life

I was a poorfag growing up and as a result missed out entirely on handhelds for most of my life.

I recently got a 3DS and I've been loving it, but its made me wonder what I've missed out on from before.

What are the best GBA/DS games?

all jokes and memes aside you didn't miss much

My favorites: Fire Emblem, Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick, Rhythm Heaven

Catlevania games on ds, they'r fucking glorious

I was a poorfag growing up and that's why all I got growing up was handhelds. How does your mom walk past the $70 gameboy with $30 games and buy the $150 SNES with $80 games when you are poor?

Pic related is everything I have downloaded for them right now, OP.

Wario Ware 3ds fucking when
t-they said they were making more games for the 3ds right?

pokemon leaf green
mario kart super circuit

Nice list already, here's a few more suggestion.

GBA:
Mega Man Battle Network 1-3
Mega Man Zero 1-4
Medabots Metabee/Rokusho

DS:
Phantasy Star 0
Rune Factory 1-3
Trace Memory/Another Code

The Sup Forums wiki has a rather comprehensive list of worthwhile games for both systems

I asked for a PS1/2 and that's what I got, but that was literally it. Any games I got were either christmas gifts or I bought them myself by doing yard work, dog walking, etc. for people.

Thanks!

>EBA!
>EBA!
>EBA!

I was thinking about emulating it, how is the experience so far?

Why were the GBA and DS so fantastic for RPGs and puzzle games and why did the 3DS have to be such a letdown comparatively?

It works like a charm in an emulator so long as your rig can run it without stutter, which tbf any low-mid end gaming machine should be able to do.

Just make sure to fiddle with the dpi of your mouse until you're comfortable using it on the emulated touchscreen.

>3DS
>letdown

What? There's been a ton of RPGs on the 3DS. The mystery/novel type games are lacking though.

In all honesty, one of the biggest motivators for me to get a Switch might be a new, real WarioWare (not that half-assed Game&Wario)

Could you list them? Because I genuinely cannot find many worthwhile ones myself.

How decent is DS emulation? I feel like it would be weird w/o a touch screen

what a shit picture
there were a bunch of different game&watch's, including ones that clearly inspired DS and 2player Switch designs
delet this at once

SP bros where we at

>Original or proper remakes
Fire Emblem Awakening
Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers
Bravely Default/Second
Pokemon SuMo (to an extent)
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Etrian Odyssey 4

>Ports
Xenoblade Chronicles
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 1/2
Dragon Quest VIII

It's definitely weaker than the DS lineup but it's still pretty good

Bravely Default/Second
Stella Glow
Legend of Legacy
7th Dragon III
Dragon Quest VII & VIII
Etrian Odyssey 4, Untold 1, & Untold 2
Rune Factory 4
Shin Megami Tensei 4, 4A, DeSu, DeSu 2, DeSu Soul hackers

>SP and Micro

I would say that it's because in general handheld games are more limited in size and developers can't add a lot of the extra, unnecessary fluff that bloats a lot of RPGs. Instead they make sure it all relates to the main story.

One of the reasons I really enjoyed Mother 3 was because the whole game/story felt very dense.

I prefer the Micro but the backlit SPs are still pretty damn good.
It works fine for 80% of games since you can emulate the touch screen pretty easily and few games require you use it at the same time as the right facepad buttons.
You can also use drawing tablets to simulate one nowadays if you want a somewhat more authentic feel iirc

Cheers for the replies.
Already played and didn't like:
>Stella Glow
>Legend of Legacy
>7th Dragon III
>Shin Megami Tensei 4, 4A
>Untold 1
But I've enjoyed most of the others you two listed. I guess it's just a matter of taste for me then.

Micro is better but sadly they never made a GBA to GC adapter for it

>SuMo
Literally what?

I guess Sun Moon?

You can surely mod it to work or buy ones that have been modded, right? Or are the connectors entirely different?

>DS
You're missing The World Ends With You
And KH Re-coded is not as good IMO

I omitted a few that I didn't really care for, but weren't 'bad', like Conception 2 (which was also on Vita) and Lord of Magna. And wasn't sure if I wanted to list tactical/action RPGs like Fire Emblem and the like.

TWEWY is on his list.

TWEWY is on there, it just as "The" at the end and starts with W as a result.

Personally I think Coded has way better gameplay than 358/2 or BBS but the entirely inconsequential story does make it hard to recommend playing it even to fans of the series imo

>Personally I think Coded has way better gameplay than 358/2
I may be biased though, because 358/2 days was my first KH

Okamiden is criminally under-rated. It's a solid 7.5/10 game with a lot of charm that gets too much shit just because the first one was very different and arguably a 10/10

Also
>tfw still no Love Plus+ translation

>tfw still no Love Plus+ translation
Progress for it is as slow as the Amagami translation.

At least it's going faster than some of the PSP translations I'm waiting on I guess.

I played the demo for Stella glow and I loved it I really want this game. The only thing I didn't like was the witch. I wish she was just something else without the pointy hat

I just got a 2DS and Smash Bros. I want something with a really cool world or story. Should I get:

Bravely Default (expensive asf)
Mercenaries Saga 2
Fire Emblem Awakening
Hyrule Warriors
Something else?

It's GameStop pro day so I'll probably head over there in a few hours

Bravely Default for sure if you're looking for a cool setting and story. Now leave before some dick spoils you.

Thanks should I buy physical or just on Nintendo store?

Either works, whichever you prefer.