Game has been out for a while now. is it good? cant trust /vp/ when many of them think Y/X and ORAS are good games

game has been out for a while now. is it good? cant trust /vp/ when many of them think Y/X and ORAS are good games.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>can't trust /vp/
Sup Forums is even less trustworthy
>when many of them think Y/X and ORAS are good games.
What?
No they don't. Both /vp/ and Sup Forums shit on it.

It's pretty enjoyable. It has cutscenes at every route but that's post Gen 4 Pokemon for you.

If your 3ds is modded then go get it on freeshop

Its fun but pretty easy if you dont change shift to set and turn off the exp share. get sun though its the "canon" version

It's really fun
Coming from someone who normally hates Pokemon

>playing Pokemon for difficulty

It's really good, possibly the literal best Pokemon games to date. All the changes made in them make the game so much fun to play.

nah.

It's the most handholdy experience that railroads you to hell and back in a Pokemon game. It probably has the most annoying characters in the series. They never leave you the fuck alone.

I've played and enjoyed every single generation of pokemon up to this point, but I haven't beaten this game, and I have no desire to do so.

It feels like you're playing an episode/movie of the anime, and less of a cool adventure to make your own. Can't put my finger on it, but there's something about SuMo that makes it super bland.

if you're not into competitive battling then it's a mediocre game

the only challenging battles come at the climax of the story (pretty much end of the game), so up until then nothing really stimulates you or tries to make you think (I wasn't overleveled at any point in the game)

many people shit on the cutscenes and story but I honestly didnt mind them. The cutscenes were a bit much but it didn't ruin the experience for me

alolan forms are neat

once you beat the story the game collects dust, there's a postgame area that might take you half hour to go through

Its great.
Acerola best girl.

eh makes it a bit more interesting

>implying pokemon didn't die after gen 2

Why are you describing every single Pokemon game

I enjoyed it a lot. The Pokemon designs are good, and if you turn off exp share it can be actually challenging at parts. The music is great, and it has the best villian team out of all the games. The characters are all unique and and I thought they were likeable, especially if you're waifufag. Otherwise people complained that there was too many cutscenes but really what do you expect from an rpg. Personally the cutscenes added to it for me. Also lack of a post game, and the frame rate tanks during double battles. Otherwise I'd say 9/10 for me. One of the more enjoyable games in the series, and much better than the abomination that was Gen 6.

It's the same level of X and Y, maybe slightly better. It's the most linear game in the series by far, and is focused more on Lillie's excellent adventure than anything.

It also has the most tutorial bullshit by far out of any of the games, and doesn't even have the National Dex or the Victory Road.

yeah it's the best one yet
in general /vp/ doesn't even like oras and xy, no idea how you picked up that they do

>SuMo
Opinion discarded

BW and BW2 had lots to do after the main story and there were decent battles throughout the game. I dislike unova designs the most but the games are solid for pokemon, XY really lowered the bar

BW post game was almost none existed. 2 had god tier post game though.

This game held a lot of promise, but the new ideas are bogged down by GF's reluctancy to either A) create difficulty options or B) create a game where the difficulty starts off easy but forces you to start adapting before too long

I get that they fell for the "we must compete with the mobile market" meme and dont want kids to choose a wrong difficulty accidentally, but it is hard to understate the disappointment you feel in situations like this:

>player encountered totem wishiwashi
>it's raining
>oh shit
>
>
>wishiwashi used growl
>wishiwashi used aqua ring
>wishiwashi used growl
>wishiwashi used WATER GUN

you can bring in pretty much anything and win

to be fair, if it had anything other than water gun for stab, you'd be forced to use a specific set of pokemon, which isn't what Pokemon outside of ROMhacks are about.

>think Y/X and ORAS are good games.
Literally no one in /vp/ thinks that. Stop falseflagging.

I agree, but some scenarios are bs as fuck

>Totem Lurantis fight
>calls Castform on first turn
>Castforms used Sunny day
>Lurantis proceeds to Solar Blade my ass

I dig it. It brings old pokemon a new look which im into. Also wondertrade is fun.

mimickyu was tough too if you didnt have a steel move.

BW has no postgame. BW2's postgame is uniquely composed of battle facilities.

>>player encountered totem wishiwashi
>it's raining
>oh shit
>wishiwashi used water gun
>you whited out
Also what the fuck are you capsing Water Gun for? You're fighting a Pokemon with stats superior of those of over 60% of all legendaries as the second fucking "gym".

>Not exclusively doing nuzlockes
baka desu senpai

Better than Gen 6 gameplay, new Pokemon designs are worse though

>BW has no post game
It has tons of post game tho, the right half of the main land opens up, did you even play it? Compared to XY and ORAS that is insane post game.

The cave you go through on the way to the legendary Pokemon is practically a victory road tho, it's the same length and acts as the same role, the last longer, focused area before you fight the elite 4.
And isn't National Dex something you unlock if you connect it to Pokemon Bank?

Half of the main land opening up doesn't add a fucking thing if that half has literally nothing in it. You can explore it in an hour outside the SINGLE point of interest, Lacunosa Town, which only exist as a connection with the Giant Chasm.

5 > 7 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 1 > 6

>le free video games XDD
fuck off reddit

>the only challenging battles come at the climax of the story
a handful of the totem battles were pretty good, plus I remember Guzma's Golisopod giving me a tough time.
even then, nobody's going into a pokemon game expecting challenging gameplay.

nuzlocke is a shit meme

wishiwashi was a good one, yeah. you can't use razor leaf when you have -6 atk

Is there going to be a third version?
I never really liked the first version of any pokemon game except for BW maybe.
I didn't even buy XY, because of it, I did play it later on, but that one could have really benefited from a third version.

We have no idea. There's """rumours""" of a Switch game called Stars

>Is there going to be a third version?
There hasn't been a third version since Gen 4 unless you count BW2

I kinda count it, I see the third version more as a fixed version of that region with more content.
BW 2 just made it so that you didn't essentially buy the same game twice.

Is fine if you dont care about being interrupted every 3 minutes.

is there a difficulty/being able to catch all pokemon hack for sun/moon like Blaze Black/volt white or sacred gold and storm silver?

I hope so I recently played X/Y and it really could have benefited from a third version.

best pokemon games since platinum

pirate it on freeshop its not worth the money

havent played a pokemon since the original sapphire and I was digging it for a while, played nearly a week straight before getting burned out

It would be too soon. Give it at least until 2018 (early if you want to be positive) for a new main game.

>I remember Guzma's Golisopod
I dont remember if that fucker beated Greninjash in my last battle with him or leaved it with low HP.

Correct.

>using Ash Greninja
idiot

GOD I HATE FAERY TYPES

FUCK

IT'S LIKE IT WAS MADE TO SPECIALLY KILL EVERY ONE OF MY FAVORITE TYPES.

Also weak to poison and steel which have like the least amount of offensive moves in existence WHAT THE FUCK

problem?

Yes, they really make no sense.

I don't get into the meta game and shit so I have no fucking clue about it, but from a graphical standpoint it's looks pretty fucking good for a 3ds game. The whole comfy island theme makes it for me.

>post Gen 4

BW has cutscenes when you enter a route and about to face a gym. In a few cases your rivals try and fuck you up after a route or you have a scene after beating a gym leader.

SM has cutscenes when you enter a route, get halfway through said route, and when you finish the route. It also has cutscenes when you enter a city, look around the city, and about to leave a city. Not to mention before, during, and after a trial.

What makes SM so much worse is the amount of time it takes to finish one cutscene even when mashing A. The text is slow, the animation is slow, and there are way too many cutscenes in general.

>cant trust /vp/ when many of them think Y/X and ORAS are good games.
no one on vp genuinely think this. Dont be a clickbaiting piece of shit. There have been multiple polls on /vp/ showing x/y and oras to be considered the worst games in the franchise

Fairy types really seem kinda arbitrary with their weakness and resistances.
It is like they just made them strong against the best offensive types and weak against the shittiest Ofensive types without any rhyme or reason.
Also isn't fairy just another word for light type?

If you throw magnets into light you kill it
If you throw poop into light you kill it

It still makes no sense

Steel makes sense for a weakness since Iron is their weakness in a lot of fairy tales

Such as?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore

>"Cold iron" is historically believed to repel, contain, or harm ghosts, fairies, witches, and other malevolent supernatural creatures. This belief continued into later superstitions in a number of forms

I didn't mean it like that what I meant is that fairy types seem to have many light based attacks so I thought that is why it might have been light type.

>cant trust /vp/ when many of them think Y/X and ORAS are good games.

And Sup Forums is nothing but genwunners

Your point?

HOW VERY CONVENIENT

NOW LET US KILL THIS FAT AS FUCK CLEFABLE WITH A 40 POWER MOVE LEARNT BY ABOUT 3 OR 4 POKEMON

I'd love to assemble a rag tag team and just battle but the build up to making a team is so fucking tedious it's honestly not worth it

I genuinely think this franchise is a fraction of what it could be

Also question, how would you personally rebalance the typings? I see a lot of people complaining about Grass/Ice/Bug being weak

I didn't finish it because I gave my brother my 3ds to borrow and just started up DQ8 after getting it back but it was pretty fun. I liked it, felt fresh.
Plus it was free so no skin off my teeth.

Better than the Unovabortion central that is /vp/.

Nerf sneaky pebbles, for starters.
And Maybe Fairy types?
Buff Hail

Oh that mother fucker. I remember him. I think I used Grimer to tank that fight. It wasn't hard, but kind of annoying.

/vp/ is the only place that hates XYORAS, though. Sup Forums is much less deluded and generally acknowledges XYORAS did good things.

Just learn Japanese and play Youkai Watch.
I played the demo and knew I wasn't going to buy that shit when I saw the awful framerate even on N3DS combined with very ugly art style and 3D graphics.

>tfw beat out Mimickyu because my Primarina dodged it and Gengar's attacks out of love

I don't care if people consider Pokemon Refresh a handicap, it saved my ass from having to go through that shit a second time.

grass is shit, ice is strong offensively, bug would be mostly okay if fairy didn't resist it

>he doesn't have an Alolan Muk

Nobody to blame but yourself.

Go back to /vp/
Your posts are fucking awful

there is so much cut content it's not even funny
it's literally fallout 4 the generation of pokemon

Give some examples

If you dont like Y/X You will hate Sun and Moon.

retard

>playing with uggos

You may be used to it so it's ok.

Play for our boy.

I didn't finish it. I appreciate all the quality of life improvement so that they made in the game such as being able to swap Pokémon you catch immediately into your party but the game was just to handholdy and simple for me. Maybe it's just that I'm older but the game didn't catch my interest for long. Most trainers only have like 1 or 2 Pokémon so the battles don't feel special. The game is still incredibly easy despite what people say. There are far far too many unskippable cutscenes. The games story isn't nearly interesting enough to warrant so much exposition over 2Dimensional characters. Right when's I think I have control over my character I'm stopped 10 minutes later. The game is incredibly linear and actually has blockades to stop you from progressing further. Some of these blockades are so stupid like some Pokémon trying to find something on the road, so for some reason you can't pass.

Anyway I didn't really like it. But then I didn't finish it. I stopped like after fighting Lusamine for the first time.

>t.underaged

there was a whole thread on /vp/
>poni island is literally bare bones victory road
>the "caves/tunnels" in the fire trial are wrap points
>one of the elite 4 is a literal who but looking deeper to her asthetic there was a whole entire golf course removed from the game but can be seen on the rotom dex map
>the lake of sunne/moone has a blocked off path that clearly leads some where else when you look at the top of the alter
>there are 2 other labs in the ather foundation that was never shown to us
in booklet hill there is a cave entrance that can be seen but unaccessible
in poni island there is another cave that can clearly be seen but you can't swim in the lake to access it
>at bluch mountian there is a whole entire power plant facility that is blocked off
>the whole idea of ultra beast/necromazo being found in the grass and not having over world sprites
>the fact of the normal and fairy trail captians could be swaped to match their typing better
>the fact of the trail captian fo dragon tyoe wasn't there
>the fact that you litteral get no trial for the fairy type Z moved

there is a few more but still

Poison supereffective on Water
Psychic immune to Fairy

lol he's not even good

also no ice trype representive was in the game

Crabominable

I meant for like Z moves
in this game there is one person who battles you with pokemon which all have one type
there is no major ice type trainer in this game
also he sucks

It's aright. I'm just waiting for the follow up game with an actual post game so I can use all the shit I've raised.

>TFW Battle hall will never return.

We haven't had a third version since Platinum. There will be some form of follow up game though.

I hope so, because I feel like post game has been really lacking lately and the third/sequel always fixes that.

>current year
>still complaining about fairies
Steel types dominate the metagame, you know

BW2's was excellent expecially since it had tons to do that didn't require competitive Pokemon but ORAS was lack luster for long time fans since it was repeats of old legendaries. It was handy for replacing outdated ones but it was work resetting for them all, not fun post game.

Only to kill all the faries running around.

Alolan Muk is one of the best things to come out of this generation, and this is coming from someone that hated the original in Gen 1. In general there are a lot of Pokemon this generation I never thought I would end up using.

He's the best boy.

USE BUFFS RETARD

BW 2 had a great post game, but that game came out almost 5 years ago.
I liked ORAS, because I am a filthy hoen baby, but I was kinda dissapointed that it wasn essentailly an emerald remake like HG/SS were essentially crystal remakes.

Nah

OU Fairies
>Tapu Koko
>Tapu Lele
>Tapu Bulu
>Tapu Fini
>Magearna
>Mimikyu (which should be UU but shitters keep bloating the tier with it)

OU Steels
>Excadrill
>Ferrothorn
>Kartana
>Celesteela
>Metagross
>Magearna
>Skarmory
>Scizor
>Jirachi

Steel type always has been good. Fairies are only there to be a buffer to Steels in holding down Dragons.

Mimikyu is ridiculous though

Fairies are magical creatures related to nature. Poison and steel are strong against it because they represent urbanization.

Lurantis only summons castform if it is above 50% hp. It summons Trumbeak otherwise. Just Z move it first turn and you avoid that shit.

The games have gotten more story/cutscene heavy with every new game, but gen 4 is when it went off the rails.

> Unovabortion central
/vp/ is constantly crying about "unovabortions" recently. Also, genwars is the only thing you will see in /vp/, besides waifu/husbando threads and lots of forced memes.