Kingdom of Loathing

What does Sup Forums of think of the Kingdom of loathing or the upcoming game West of loathing?
youtube.com/watch?v=cHToU83tIdc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7cx-rwGdxTA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I used to play it quite a few years back.

Truthfully, the game is only worth it if you're sociable and willing to engage in the community. If not the game becomes a very short affair and lessens even more if you don't get/like the humor.

Admittedly I haven't checked it out in a few years. I checked out once the Crimbo events stopped being enjoyable.

KoL is a decent time waster for a couple of months but that's about it.

West of Loathing looks dumb. Like bad dumb.

i wanted to get into KoL several times but i always got bored somewhere

it feels like that if i read all the jokes on the wiki i would achieve the same result without the pain of dealing with shit like meat or grinding

how can you not get the humour?

I'd like the game a lot more if the adventures system wasn't so restrictive and wasn't just a way to hide how little there is to do in the game. I played it a bunch when I was 14, but it really just feels like a mobile game slog if you don't engage the community like said

Holy shit. I have played that game for so long, but it has been so many years since I lost logged in. I played years before Ascension was even implemented, I think my ID is 5 digit starting with 1.

It's insane how much content that game has. I wonder if my character is still alive.

I love you Jick and Skully, you guys made the first game that I was genuinely hooked on for years!

i used to really like this KoL clone called fantasy university but sadly they pulled the plug from it around 4 years ago

it had really dumb jokes like this one

Used to be downright obsessed with it, for about 3 or 4 years even.

But I fell off the wagon and every time I try to get back on it feels like they've got nothing new to offer. Even the challenge paths, which I used to love, are pretty lackluster these days.

They are making a singleplayer game with actual animations? Cool, will certainly try it out.

It's 95% reference humor.

Fuel pumps have a safety in the nozzel to prevent this.

... and? It's the easiest form of humour

in their defense, Kingdom of Loathing is an old game, came out in 2003, and referential humor in video games was a novel idea.

2003/04 was a magical time to be on the internet.

Game was more fun earlier on when ascension was competitive. Planning hardcore runs and oxy, chaining them so you can use oxy gear etc.

Did ascension even really add much? I remember finally ascending and then quitting pretty much immediately after since it seemed like more of the same.

You could choose have chosen a different path with different characters

Why did they make her so sexy?

i made like 20mil off the christmas event, feels good man

It adds new areas and other junk, depending on moonsigns and stuff. Also, you can do challenge runs like no booze/no food/no booze and food for better rewards on your next ascension. Plus now, they have weird themed runs that range from gimmicky normal runs to complete run overhauls that change every season.

youtube.com/watch?v=7cx-rwGdxTA

This still exists?

Barely!

Has there ever been or will there ever be a video game area name better than "Tower of Procedurally Generated Skeletons"?