Yakuza

I wanna play this series but the only Playstations I own are the PS3 and PS4. Will they ever port the older games in an HD collection?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Yakuza
videogamesplus.ca/yakuza-pack-yakuza-for-ps2-and-for-ps3-ps2ps3-save-p-24600.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Emulate

Probably not.

>hey Sup Forums, I want to get into Yakuza, but I don't own a TV or computer, help me
People who play video games often have to procure methods by which to play them. Many options are available to you and I hope you explore them in the future.

Yeah, 1 is remade and coming out soon, 2 will eventually happen as well probably, but it's a ways off.

1 has a remake, but it's currently Japan exclusive. Also 1&2 have a collection (I think it's on both PS3 and Wii U?). Again, Japan exclusive.

I guess if you hack your PS3, you can play isos of the PS2 version of 1&2. Or just emulate if you have a capable PC

just started emulating 1, fucking sweet game so far but im missing a lot because there is no fucking comprehensive website or bradygames guide pdf available ANYWHERE. also the yakuza bradygames guide goes on amazon starting at around $58. wtf and why.

They did.

They literally just reprinted the whole series for dirt cheap.

they did but it's jap only.
They did a remake of Yakuza 1 that's getting localized this year, though.

Onimusha on ps3/ps4 when?

>1 has a remake, but it's currently Japan exclusive
It's coming stateside in the summer. There's also been rumblings that there'll be a remake for 2 as well eventually so if you wait long enough it might happen and get localized.

You can start with 0 or wait for Kiwami.

They just reprinted them yesterday, and ps3 is backwards compatible.

Here:

wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Yakuza

>ps3 is backwards compatible
Nope.

There's actually a working software emulator (the one Sony uses with PS2 Classics titles on PSN) able to boot images of most of the PS2 games but you need a custom firmware and you won't be able to run games directly from original DVDs anyways.

How do you not have multiple ps2's?

Most likely not, just play the PS2 versions.

Also release order or bust. Don't listen to anyone telling you to play 0 first, you'll miss a shitton of references and plot points.

Any of yall played Kiwami? I know its coming out this summer for US so Im wondering if i would be better off waiting for it or just picking up 1 as well as 2 for my ps2

I still can't find a link anywhere where they're on sale for cheap.
Everything is still 50 dollars at least.

>Nope.
Some of the really early models are.

It gets rid of the so bad it's good english VA, but it adds modern gameplay and graphics, and extra scenes. I'd say it's worth it. Yakuza 2 still might not get a remake though, so you'll probably still have to get that.

>needing a guide for a fucking beat-em up

a fucking beat-em-up with a ton of missable quests

Only the fat PS3 are backwards compatible.
Even then...
>some late 2007 models removed the ps2 gpu causing some slowdows in titles to cut socsts
>then 2008 ones removed both the gpu and cpu leaving it all to software emulation which only around 30% of the library can play
>then sony said fuck it dont allow discs to be played but still use the emulator for the ps2 classics on PSN

Launch ps3s have both the ps2 gpu and cpu

Never. Licenced faces im afraid. Legal nightmare. But! PS2's are srtill plentiful, as are the games.

There's a reprint of Yakuza 1 and 2. Paid 75 USD for them

I have all the physical released of the games but my Yakuza 1 seems to act up in my ps2(even though the ps2 is old and fat, yakuza 2 reads fine)

How much is Yakuza 1 and where did ya get it?

VGP Canada website Mein nigga. I forgot that they use converter. So it was cheaper to buy from them than on eBay.

I don't know. But is your Yakuza 1 a blue or so
Silver ps2 disck

No its not a cdr om(blue)650MB

Its a dvd(silver)

I mentioned yakuza 2 because it was printed on a dual layer dvd(which is 8.7GB compared to normal dvds at 4.7GB) and usually old ps2s have problems with dual layer so I deducted my Yakuza 1 copy(a silver 4.7 GB dics) has issues.

>Yakuza 2 is now selling for £99 used on Amazon.
>Got 1 and 2 as Christmas presents from my sister a few years ago
I hope she paid a reasonable price.

Hmm, 50 bucks.

I might just catch another ebay copy then, a used one.

>I paid £19 for yakuza 2 last year some fucking how

Funnier than that, its the second time ive owned it. First found it in a blockbuster PS2 pin sorrounded by old fifa's. It was £14.99 back then in 2010.

We don't seem to get so fucked for games over here. I can pick up haunting ground for £12 in a cex.

Depending on how long years ago was she probably picked them up for less than 30

go to their canadian website. coz its cheaper.

>got launch PS3 with full backwards compatibility
>YLOD twice now
>each time Sony tries to get me to upgrade to a PS3 slim

Mine still hasnt.
Not even that day when I played ishin for like 14 hours straight on it.

Even put in a 500GB HDD a while ago.

I've been meaning to get into the series so I bought this videogamesplus.ca/yakuza-pack-yakuza-for-ps2-and-for-ps3-ps2ps3-save-p-24600.html