Kill Richter

>kill Richter
>excited for upside-down castle
>credits start rolling
>excitement building up
>credits are over, back to start screen
I'm starting to believe the stories about kids who didn't know about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UAO2urG23S4
youtube.com/watch?v=1SxasNmTbpE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Feels bad. You have my sympathy of the night.

I don't even remember what you had to do... fight some other bosses first?

I think you need holy glasses from Maria.

you need to get the holy glasses, then kill this orb floating above Richter. then you can do upside down castle.

you find 2 rings
one is got by defeating the succubus boss which is somewhere in the southern part of the map
the other is in the cathedral but only obtainable by using the spike breaking armor which you obtain by using the bat form echo power in order to navigate a dark spot
then you go to the center of the map where there is the big clock and that give you a mask
then you equip the mask when fighting richter

IIRC you have to get some key item by going to the clock room at the right time and speak to the girl. She gives you armor / accessory, that when worn shows some mind control floating orb behind Richter during the boss fight. Destroy that orb and you'll end the fight prematurely and unlock the upside-down castle.

I thought I could leave some zones unexplored before flipping the castle

Also, using a holy weapon like that one rod makes it easier to not fuck up since richter is immune to holy damage

I did that the first time
I found the catacombs in the inverted castle and thought 'Hang about, I don't remember this place' and went back to re-discover it

I remember playing the japanese version first, and didn't know about it. I just killed Richter with the Mormegil and thought I finished the game. Some kids that lived near me told me there was this whole other castle, where the rooms were all blue and cloudy, but I told them they were bullshitting me. They couldn't replicate how to reach this other castle, so I dismissed it.

When I saw a guide at a bookstore, I realized the error of my ways. Actually, I didn't even know about the Crissaegrim, the guide told about it. I finished the game with the Alucard Sword, and my fight against Galamoth went on for almost 15 minutes, because he's strong against Dark, and my next strongest sword was shit.

>in two years, with a team of three people, we’ve somehow managed to create a game with more enemies than Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, the figurehead of the whole genre. Did we set out to do this? No! But once we hit over 120 enemies, we knew we had a chance. Now with the game so achingly close to release, we can confirm a final tally of 149 enemies! That’s a huge personal feat for us. All of our enemies are traditionally 2D animated and many are incredibly intelligent, able to run, jump, fly, parry attacks and pursue the player. Over 30 of those enemies are Bosses! So get ready for some huge encounters.

How will SotN ever recover?

It never will because Konami, lol

There's a glitch that's pretty easy to do in this fight. Just count the ammount of hits necessary to kill both Richter and the Green Orb. Now try the fight again, and leave both of them with one hit left. Now use some area attack (like Dracula's portrait) and it'll kill both of them. You'll be able to go to the inverted castle and continue normally. However, once you return to the Keep, you can fight Richter again! You have to keep using this trick to get out of this room, though. If you defeat Richter again normally, the game doesn't let you proceed.

>Indie shit vs masterpiece
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Is the whole game dark as fuck and monochrome?

You need to put your grasses on.

Truly epic, my meme friend.

We'll I'm just going to places I've never been yet. Got a ring that says "...In Tower..." from Maria.

Not totally, but it is a dark game. It's all underground. I think it looks great, honestly.

youtube.com/watch?v=UAO2urG23S4

awesome game, give me the newgrounds link bro :^)

Wow 149 enemies 100 of whom have 4 frames of animation

Every indie developer wants to be a rock star, just without having to do the rock part. This kind of comment is pretty common in the niche.

That's nice and everything but I can't get over the fact that is too dark, full of filtershit and the artstyle is disgusting Binding of Isaac tier.

>magic combos

Well I disagree.

I actually like that part except soul steal, fuck that shit

Whatever man, I'll give you that the gameplay looks fine but holy fuck, I wanna be able to see what I'm doing.
It's like playing SotN like this area through the whole game.

BLOODSTAINED WILL BE JUST AS GOOD AS SYMPHONY!

Underrated

I dare you to name a single funky ass beat like this in any game ever made: youtube.com/watch?v=1SxasNmTbpE

that looks kinda shit

I liked AoS better than SotN

3D was a mistake

I think it looks pretty good for a 3D model.

How were you supposed to figure that out on your own?

Mario straight up tells you. All you have to do is explore the castle to find the items you need to get to her.

Exploring basically.
You see a glowing blue door - go find how to open it
See a hall full of spikes - find how to bypass it
This could be done if you could fly - well you can, go find how
It says mist could pass - you just turned into a wolf, surely you can turn into mist as well

HOW THE FUCK WAS I SUPPOSE TO KNOW THAT, COME ON MANNNN

>Game is about exploring
>Beat Richter and put the game off
>Come back to the game a few days after when you feel like it to check out part of the map you didn't map
>Oh shit there's stuff to do

And that's it

That looks like that shit.

No. The magic is gone, blood stained and yooka laylee both look like soulless copies of their former selves

>this is real

Honestly, this happened to me on my first time as well.

...wear....clock...