So how do you like the new update Sup Forums ?

So how do you like the new update Sup Forums ?
>corridors are now more dynamic
>reworked loot system
>new enemies
>new enemy skills
>casual difficulty
Darkest Dungeon thread

Woah, what's all this? Did the DLC come out?

I keep hearing the base game had problems and the update fixed these. What exactly were these problems?

no
>emeralds worth 750 gold
>puzzling trapezohedron is 5000 gold
>no stack limit on jewelries
>minor antiques worth 500 gold now
people thought it was too grindy, especially for gold so the game throws you more gold now

got this on sale the day before yesterday. i'm on week 8 and so far the default highwayman has carried me through; the one time he reached 100 he became stalwart and i decided he earned some time off at the brothel
does plague doc have good heals?
current party is
plague>occultist>highway>crusader
but i want to use bounty so i want to get rid of occultist. tho i won't if plague doctor can't heal anyone

you still are so fresh I would recommend you not to dwell so much in these threads or you will get spoiled out of the game's experiences.
Some beginners tips:
>heroes are disposable,don't get too attached
>time and heroes are an infinite resource so send many suicide squads with no equipment or supplies to get money "for free"this only goes if it's not new game+
>don't focus so much on the heroes health,you are most likely to get killed by stress overtime during an spedition
>manage your economy,if a hero has too many problems and few pros just make him hit the road instead of spending on stress relief
the rest you will figure out by yourself

You get xp way faster than gold/materials needed to upgrade your facilities. So you quickly end up having a roster full of level 5 heroes who can't enter level 3 dungeons but get shit on in level 5 dungeons because you don't have the upgraded blacksmith etc. and the gold needed to upgrade the equipment and kills on those heroes to match level 5 dungeons.

So you have to recruit new heroes and run the easiest dungeons to get gold, maybe do one level 3 boss run with those heroes (which means you need to use more gold to upgrade those new heroes to that level) and then once again you've got more useless level 5 heroes.

So they turned an ass-backwards way of doing things to something more fair?

Does this game have the stupid corpse mechanic?

instead of relying on a group of four, try to use all of your characters and level them up evenly. Don't think your heroes are disposable and don't make suicide runs.

You can send away level 1 or 2 heroes if they have shittons of really bad negative quirks that are locked but otherwise keep them

Yeah. If you're a filthy casual you can disable it though.

you must be baiting, corpses are your friend
git gud

i really don't like this loot system

So.. were you always a homo, or did you just sort of realize it one day?

>what is clear corpses

Corpses actually help you, user.

They can hidner you too if you don't have the means to target the backline but if you pull an annoying as fuck backliner to the front and kill them it means their melee friends have to use their shittier abilities to move forward back in to position.

water in the lake

How's that?

The main problem people complained about was the end game grind. The last dungeon in the game has 4 missions. If you want to survive you need 4 max level party members. The shitty part is once they go in once they can never try the final dungeon again so that max level party you made is useless to you now and you can't even let them bring up new heroes becasue a max level character refuses to go into a lower level dungeon.

the Radiant mode they added in the latest update seems to fix this by removing both those restrictions.

Don't sexualize the plague doctor. She's the purest of all the female party members. The only she devotes herself to is her research.

what is the corpse mechanic?
like enemies leave a corpse that block your attacks?

*the only thing

stupid typo

But yeah, the plague doctor is purest.

did they fix the part where the game is a tedious grind with no decision making

Research of the dick.

when you kill them with a normal attack they leave a corpse behind. you need to destroy the corpses to make the backliners come to front

That is very rude, user.

I wanted to start a new campaing but I was waiting for the DLC, it is going to be released soon, right? should I bother waiting?

>dat feel when there are people STILL butt hurt about Darkest Dungeon on forums

Maybe it's time to move on? I wonder if Battle Brothers will get exact same reactions.

>Weald is by far the most difficult dungeon in Champion
>add new champion only enemies
>weald gets by far the most difficult one

Did they make the game reward actual strategy other than "spam your highest power attack and heal"?

Why are you comparing DD to Battle Brothers when Brothers is an actually tactics game whole DD is just a glorified mobile game

>weald hardest
>not the warrens
what is man at arms ? weald is by far the most manageable of all 4 dungeons

>Eyes and hair
Seriously, why do people keep posting this version?

But that would require effort

I mean it took them this long to realize hunger not being affected by whether you've been feeding your heroes or not is a dumb mechanic.

Oh they finally fixed that? At least they are improving

Both have that "your team will die" angle covered pretty well.

Everytime I go to the weald Someone gets knocked from full hp to deaths door by a critical treebranch smash within the few fights

>Don't think your heroes are disposable
>don't make suicide runs

???
The game makes it very clear that your heroes don't matter and will die, more will always fill their place. Suicide runs are great ways of getting loot especially early.

is hellion and MaA still shit?

But your team won't die in BB if you're actually good, while in DD there's always a chance of chain crit followed by a failed [Forgot the name] roll

that's why you should bring a MaA to the weald at all times. Put him on pos 2 and guard your pos 1

I just got critted twice with a treebranch for a whopping 12 damage because 80% protection

no, they are weald masters

How many new enemies are there? Don't spoil me on what they do.

Blood in the mud.

>tfw you encounter a Bone Bearer and two Bone Lancers

Played this at launch, do you still need a dedicated healer and stress healer in each group? (assuming not a suicide run)

MaA is the best tank in the game. Use his guard to take minimal damage+riposte to deal out damage and make enemies focus him. His speed/dodge debuff that hits all enemies is also very useful and he even has a decent stun and he can even hit three ranks of enemies. Just overall an excellent party member.

4 Champion mission enemies, 1 in each dungeon, and 1 new Vvulf style boss.

>doot doot

>MaA
>ever shit
He's been one of the best classes since he first released. Hell, he was even overpowered as fuck when Riposte did way more damage.

Always nice to see someone who understands Bellow's worth.

You can make do without a healer on short/medium dungeons on easy difficulty. I usually take a healer on lv 3+ dungeons. Stress healing is only really mandatory when running a long dungeon, a properly constructed team with couple of stuns or powerful attacks targeting back ranks will not build up enough stress on a medium run even on a level 5 dungeon when done properly.

Just always stun and/or kill the back two enemies who build stress.

that one in the post critted everyone as soon as he attacked. I can't even imagine facing two

>point out some fair criticism of Darkest Dungeon
>Darkest Dungeon defence force jumps on the post
>uHHHMMM YOU'RE JUST PLAYING THE GAME WRONG YOU SHOULD KNOW TO HANDLE THE RNG AND EVERY POSSIBLE SITUATION (btw please don't mention that I have 500 hours played in this game because that's irellevant)

Why would you invest in a tank when you could have another DPS and kill stuff quicker? Every turn means more chances for a critical hit and everyone losing their shit

It can happen too, so remind yourself.

Bearers can also spawn with those fat Commanders, no idea if they can be resurrected though. Oh and Bearers can resurrect non-skeletal enemies.

Is it comfy?

>reeeeee
Seriously, why do people let their autism show ?

because you always risk not being able to kill things fast enough especially the 2 slot enemies.

Take unclean giant from Weald for example, he has 144hp on champion level and you have to deal with the other enemies first, then him which takes few rounds minimum. With a Man-at-Arms, he can always take his treebranch smackdowns like a champ, even the critical ones with ease.

Killing everything in the first two rounds isn't a viable option in level 3 and 5 missions

>>>/reddit/

No, it evokes the opposite feelings

Warrens is easy, though admittedly the Skiver is really tough. Weald just kicks you in the nuts and never lets up. Ruins is the easiest.

The game changes gears once you hit Champion dungeons, the focus being about controlling the enemies rather than being a pure dps race.

>eye and hair shitedit

same old game though

i wanted casual difficulty for muh story.
i dont want to grind through it for 10th time

Also MaA trivializes certain boss fights with the guard, like Wulf bombs.

>Posting the wrong, WRONG version

Fucking faggot.

CAAWWW
A
A
W
W
W

2 Lepers and 2 Occultists can take that down in 2 turns max, and killing the other trash should take one turn maximum

what exactly kicks you in the nuts in the weald ? The enemies almost always attack the first two rows (fungal fags, giant, cultists) and you don't even have to worry about your backliners. That's why MaA is so powerful there

Your healer can focus heal on him, you can guard & riposte to dish-out damage or stun a giant on turn two.

I'd stream a long-champion-weald with vestal/jester/maa/hellion but it's 3:30am

Depends how you like to play it. I moded the roster size to have 60+ adventurers, and since I'm not short on gold I can afford to let them relax in town.
When I start over however, and have a limited roster, I try to destress during runs to save gold. That's why I'd always bring along a shit ton of food - enough food = x turns you can use your healer for offense or support, which shortens fights thus reducing stress - and try my best to max out camping skills. But that's just when I have small team, after that it's ok to waste gold and only destress in town.
Other than that, some units can be quite good at destressing (Leper, Abo, Crus, Shaggy) and healing (Abo, Leper, Shaggy), and that's not even to mention camping skills.

Game got ruined for me when I discovered that you can alt+f4 as soon as your companion dies and on reload they will be alive. Than again I would have stopped eventually with my parties getting obliterated.

>Every turn means more chances for a critical hit

>it's impossible to have dodge buffs
>it's impossible to stress heal faster than enemies crit
>it's impossible to stun enemies and/or protect units with a unit that can tank while others heal

Have we been playing the same game ?

stop trying so hard to fit in

Why would I do shit that could possibly backfire, when killing enemies will remove any chance they land crits or further hurt my heroes?

>go full damage
>dodge
>dodge
>dodge
>miss
>how quickly the tide turns.avi

retard

Because if you use tanks/dodge buffs, all your hits will magically connect?

Sounds pretty good, but I'm going to hold off until the DLC

are you retarded ?
this
>round 1
>get hit by 60dmg on round 1 because you couldn't kill a 144hp giant on round 1

Backing up my saves actually saved the game for me.

Also if this ruins your experience, why do it ?

Why indeed would you take risks in a game, I do wonder

Bellow, m8. Has high accuracy and lowers enemy dodge by 30 and speed by 21.

wait they made the game less grindy? Fucking finally.

Because now I know that I can and it's also very easy to do. DD is an extremely grueling experience and I also don't like to lose my fuckboys in my rpgs, so even though it takes away from the whole experience I can't bring myself not to do it, especially when my party dies to random bullshit.

So, instead you stun him on turn 1. Next turn, he attacks and get hit by 60 damage anyway, but since you don't have enough DPS to kill him in the following turn, he hits someone else for 60 damage and now you have two guys adding stress to the party that could die any moment.
Why would people try to maximize their chances of winning, I do wonder
You can't have a MaA provoke the enemy, stun and use bellow on the same turn, so you have to choose between letting some other guy getting hit, stopping the giant for one turn, or debuff the enemies. Or you could have chipped away some 40 of his health

Is the game worth it at 50% off?

>he hits someone else for 60 damage
you're literally retarded
yes

Wow, you can use both the stun and the taunt in the same turn? Teach me

Treebranch only hits ranks 1 and 2 so you can guard the other rank and only the MaA will ever get hit, taking up to 80% less damage. While guard is up you can swap between using bellow / a buff and Rampart to stun him. You're basically keeping him stunlocked, debuffed, and when he does get to attack he's forced to hit the tank.

>people thought it was too grindy, especially for gold so the game throws you more gold now

Good, because the game WAS too grindy. It was a shitty RNG grindfest on par with Long War.

Did they put in a "Restart quest" button yet?

>>>/reddit/

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

>casual difficulty
What does this mean? a no think piss easy rpg now?

Good luck stunning him again after the first time.
Also, I'm sorry that I've found the game extremely easier using only DPS instead of trying to come up with strategies and synergies within my party, but you guys should blame the devs for punishing any other form of play

>get shuffled by confusion spores
>entire team fucked

Giants ALWAYS start off with Confusion spores. That's a suicidal tactic, bringing two Lepers to the Weald.

>stun one turn
>debuff next turn
>stun again
>reapply guard
>repeat

It's all well and good if that playstyle works for you but fuck you for trying to disprove our way of playing.

>stun
>guard
>stun
>guard
>stun
>guard

What is hard about this concept to understand, nigga? You're the only one saying you should try to chainstun giants.