Is this just another shitty LoL clone or is it actually worth looking into if I'm interested in the genre

Is this just another shitty LoL clone or is it actually worth looking into if I'm interested in the genre

It's free you fucking faggot why don't you just dl and play for an hour

Not everybody is a NEET or has the time to waste.
I once saw a thread here, they say it is super microtransaction heavy.

good to get that moba fix for a total of ~100 hours without having to learn or practice too much, great if you love the casual esports or just literally have nothing else to pass time with, after that it gets boring fast and its hirez so y'know

Oh you entitled brat then why should anyone waste their time spoonfeeding a man child like you

Also what the fuck are you doing on Sup Forums with your muh precious time

You are browsing Sup Forums, you have time to waste. But whatever, I'll help you. Ask if this game is worth to download or is enough to jerk off to the waifus, then someone will say is shit but the waifus are kinda ok and that will actually spark some discussion about the waifus and maybe about the game itself.

read the second sentence retards, that isn't me

I have it downloading but I don't see what's so horrendous about asking about it, I imagine this is the kind of game that evolves a lot as you progress through the ranks and it's not something you can really get a full idea of without investing a ton of time into it

Not the OP. There is like millions of shitty games out there, seriously.
If you tried every single one, you would waste way too much time.
Time that could be used to play some good games.

Is a pay2win game made by Hi-Rez studios, is obviously shit unless you have pretty low standards. You're better replaying your all time favourite games or some obscure game that /vr/ likes.

Ok thanks.

If you like LoL you can give it a shot. It's not a clone, but it is similar enough in gameplay that you drop in without having to learn much. I personally dislike it because of how similar it is to LoL in design.

Sure, the camera and control scheme is different, but when you boil it down to mechanics and strategy, they are very similar. Also if you don't want to play the typical 5v5 with 3 lanes, you can always dick around in the arena mode or whatever it's called. Much simpler and less stressful.

tl;dr if you like LoL you can try it and see if it hooks you. If LoL disgusts you, then don't bother.

What is p2w about it?
What can you buy that helps you beat other players?

It isn't remotely pay to win. I haven't played it in awhile but I enjoyed it while I played. You can't talk about Smite on Sup Forums otherwise you get flooded by butthurt MUH TRIBES MEME GAME fags who shitpost because Tribes died.

more gods = more selection = better team composition. Always.

If you play without paying, you will always be at a disadvantage to someone with more gods than you. This is especially important when Hi-Rez releases new gods that they can't fucking balance worth a damn.

Odin.

Pfffff.

Okay, user.
Or you could git gud with a few gods, never pay for shit, & live out your time playing in ranked singles.

>people calling smite p2w

The game has glaring flaws, and i only smurf arena with friends when we're hammered, but fucking pay to win? jesus christ

I like it. Never could get into other games of the genre, but this one grabbed me enough to motivate me to get good. How effective is it, I dunno, but I try at least

but it is. At least they don't completely jew you and let you get the god pack for a fair price.

How is smite pay to win

see
Whoever has more gods always has an advantage. That is a fact. You can spin it however you want by calling it "pay2notgrind", but whoever drops money will be better off against those who are still filling out their pool of gods to choose from.

This
LoL and Smite aren't p2w, they're pay to not grind. Anyone who says otherwise is just shitposting.
I think they're both trash games for what it's worth, but neither is pay to win. It's "pay to not spend years to access all the game's actual content"

Is this your first ASSFAGGOTS thread?
>free game
>heroes have to either be unlocked through grinding or paying real money
>having access to more heroes allows you to successfully fill more roles
>having a majority of heroes allows you to always have a meta option for each role and a counter to said meta pick
>this is not pay2win

Playing in casuals, it's not like you're gonna counterpick anyway, because you literally can't. The starter gods are always at least good, with the possible exception of Guan from times to times -and certainly not now-
As for the new god balances, while I'd have granted that right after Nike's launch, since then we got The Morrigan who's one of the most complicated god to play perfectly anyway, and has received neither buffs nor nerfs, just bugfixes. And then there's Kuzenbo who's looking to be fun, but pretty shit.

You fucking retards, you can rent whatever god you want, feasibly. Pay to win means you can pay money to get items or gods other people can't without paying. Which isn't true

That's called pay 2 not grind as much, you're welcome, try not to hit the door on your way out

It's not really P2W, sure you get all the gods if you buy the god-pack and you will have a bigger selection thus filling more roles perfectly.

But hear me out here pal, you can RENT gods with in-game currency for basically nothing, rent the god you want to play for a day for like 100 favor or whatever and you make it back in 1 win.

You're a fucking retard and you don't know what pay to win means. Having more options does not guarantee you a win. Your grasping at straws here. I played for a year solid before getting the God Pack and not once did anyone having a character I didn't give them an advantage, it's how you play the character.

> Implying it's better to be average at forty gods than good at five gods

The advantage you get from this is so insignificantly minuscule and requires a ton of player effort to learn how to actually take advantage of the counters and their advantages. It's grasping at straws so fucking hard, there are a million infinitely worse glaring flaws with these games so I don't understand why people pick this to criticize. It's especially ridiculous in smite where you can "rent" gods for a match for tiny amounts of the free currency. Really need this one god to counter something this match? Just do that.

It's not like the games are dota where counterpicking makes or breaks the game, every character is just different flavors of the same cookie cutter bullshit per forced role.

Smite is NOT pay to win. I bought every single hero forever for $20; it's $30 off sale. Whoop de doo. You don't have to buy anything after that, and if you wanna grind then it isn't nearly as bad as LoL when it comes to unlocking champs.

No its not Micro transaction you literally have choices in which gods you want to play and you can have trails with a new god if you want to buy a god for free. Also you can just earn in game currency to buy shit also you get daily rewards for signing in. So basically get your own fucking opinion on a game yourself before asking if its good you fucking incompetent mindless prick.

You can't trade rented gods.

Who are you quoting

How is that relevant in any way

Ranked. The more gods you have, the better you can help your team composition, the more roles you can fill, and the more people you can swap with. Not rocket science.

Rent the fucking god you want then, you triple faggot. why swap

It's LoL with the camera panned down. The only difference the new view brings is that even autoattack is now a skillshot and you theoretically don't know what's behind your back. That's it. Everything else is LoL, down to overcomplicated skills with a bajillion interdependencies that really boil down to "execute in set order to nuke/slow/shield".
One positive thing about the game is the variety of modes, including an Arena mode that cuts all the farming and just leaves you with a hero brawler.

You're mom

Not saying what people should do. I'm just explaining why Smite is pay2win. Nothing else.

>le """""""pay2notgrind""""""" fags
Using LoL as the example here because I know the pricing:
Every year about 6 new heroes (7800) and 5 hero reworks (avg. 3150) get released
This means spending 62,500 in-game currency per year to keep your roster up to date (assuming you have last years meta picks)
Taking 115 as the average gain per win (averaging out first win of the day) you need 544 wins per year to grind all this out
That's a win and half (most likely outside of comp) per day every day!
That adds up to around 3 hours per day on the game...
1065 HOURS PER YEAR in casuals making sure your roster is optimal! Tell me that's reasonable.

>this game is pay to win
>hey here's this easy fix that explains how it isn't
>IM NOT SAYING WHAT PEOPLE SHOULD DO TO FIX MY IDIOTIC REMARK

So you're saying you need to have 100% of the roster to be effective? jesus christ

Having more gods puts you at an advantage. You cannot argue that.

Having more characters does not equal "win". It equals more options but a retard could buy the godpack and do miserable. It does not give any sort of advantage in anyway and your argument is so piss poor its laughable. Retard.

No it doesn't. At all.

Not him but unless Riot has changed dramatically since I quit, every new champion they shit out is grossly overpowered and dominates his role until the inevitable nerf.

I can, they're all mostly fucking copy pasted bullshit. You can easily fuck people up with the starters.

You do not need 100% roster to be effective, You can't argue that, nigger

me and my friends literally only play this game shitfaced, and outside of weaving faggots or 5 man premade try hards we have no problem fucking anyone up

Unless you're a genius at speculating patches and metagame there's no way to know which heroes will be the best ahead of time. Plus a lot of power in these games comes from being flexible when it comes to building comps and countering the enemy team.
A handful of heroes will never be enough to properly to do either.
So in short, if you want to stay a shitter you can just grind and play free heroes all day. If you want to actually git gud you need as much of the roster you can get in the shortest time possible.

>My cash shop weapon isn't pay2win! I still have to know how to swing it! :^)

Honestly, it doesn't. It would in a counterpick heavy game like Dota, but in Smite it's mostly just all different flavors of the exact same thing.

Nice counter-argument, I see we're done here.
Stay mad tribesfag

Why would someone with all gods available NOT be at an advantage, assuming they competing against people of the exact same skill level. Think critically.

How in the fuck do you EVER counter the enemy team when their lock-ins are blocked until everyone's locked in?

That's how they try to spin it in LoL and it simply isn't true. The developers will eventually make mistakes in balancing that heavily favors certain gods/champions/whatever. In those circumstances, it is always advantageous to have them at your disposal.

How about you try thinking critically you fucking idiot? I understand that you're still butthurt about Tribes but this is pathetic. You're acting as if there are characters or items that are SUPER FUCKING OP AND THAT YOU LITERALLY HAVE TO BUY TO HAVE A CHANCE and anyone with half of a brain can see that's not the case.

>he doesn't draft

Have you ever played a ranked game in your life?

>Everything is always balanced and I trust the developers 100%
Ratatoskr on release would love a word with you.

>Everything is always balanced and I trust the developers 100%
No one said that. You're grasping at straws so hard that your putting words and other peoples mouths and arguing against non-existent points they made.

Fair enough. Still, a tactic of buying only post-patch would nearly nullify the problem since you can easily save up the needed currency for the next meta pick. You don't really need the full roster. You can also patch holes quickly with the dirt cheap rental while you're saving up. I see your point though.

It is literally the only case where not having every god wouldn't be an advantage. The game is never perfectly balanced, so it will never be the case.

not having every god wouldn't be a disadvantage*

>Susano on release would love to a word with you.
ftfy

pay2notgrind is pay2win, by definition

lolfags hate this fact, so they try to change what pay2win means. but actual video game players know better. if you can exchange any amount of real money for any advantage whatsoever over other players, it is pay2win. it does not matter if that advantage can be overcome by skill or time or anything else. the game is pay2win. no exceptions.

>pay2notgrind is pay2win, by definition
No it isn't.

>Pay to win means you can pay money to get items or gods other people can't without paying.

no. that is a lie. that has never been the definition of pay2win. that is what lolfags and other people who only play pay2win facebook-tier mobileshit say.

yes, it is. that has always been the definition. no matter what you say, that will never change.

It's pay to win if that content you have to grind for gives you a clear advantage. Shitpost and cry all you want, it doesn't do that here because the hero design is so cookie cutter and streamlined.

if you own more gods or champions, you have an advantage over other players. even if they win, you still had an advantage. even if you both pick the same character, you still had an advanatage. this is basic math and logic.

>the objective truth is "shitposting"

lolfags need to fucking leave

Your advantage is fucking microscopic and highly dependent on your own skill and energy put in. It's a non-issue. LoL is fucking trash for a billion reasons, but this isn't one of them. If you want to shit on the game, pick any of its billions of actual problems.

Adding onto this, the real problem here is that the character design has to be (and is) extremely simplistic and cookie cutter in order for it to NOT be pay to win with this system. That's the problem. That's why the game is shit.

Smite is the best MOBA on Steam

Well there's no masteries/runes via lol, the only non-cosmetic things to get are gods. You can throw $30 for all current and furture gods. It's a good deal if you're into it.

>Your advantage is fucking microscopic
it exists, that is all that matters. if there is any advantage whatsoever, no matter how small, that is gained from paying real money, the game is pay2win.

>highly dependent on your own skill and energy put in
completely irrelevant as far as pay2win is concerned. whether the advantage can be overcome does not negate the fact that the advantage exists, and that the player paid real money for it.

if you pay $5 for a god or champion that gives you +1% chance to win your lane (making it 51% - 49% in your favor), the game is pay2win. it does not matter that you may still lose that matchup about half the time. it does not matter that a better player than you will beat you more than you would beat them. all that matters is you could exchange real money for a statistical advantage. nothing else.

lol and smite are pay2win by definition. no debate or discussion.

It doesn't make you win so it's not pay2win.
You will never convince anyone man, your argument is retarded and your "logic" is even worse.

>It doesn't make you win so it's not pay2win
it doesn't have to. it gives you an advantage, so it is pay2win. that is the only requirement.

>You will never convince anyone man
i don't have to convince you. i am stating fact. this is how it is. nothing you say or think will change this. your opinions are irrelevant.

Every F2P game and MOBA is microtransaction heavy you moron, if that is your worry, then don't play them. Thay being said, they don't affect the game at all. Smite is pretty great and my favorite MOBA. It's biggest fault is it's community (as with every MOBA). So many braindead idiots who couldn't tie their shoes without tearing their ACL. Give it a shot, it's pretty fun.

>LALALLALALA IM RIGHT BECAUSE I SAY I AM
lol

lol, so you just gave up? pathetic

at least you admit that these shit games are pay2win and that pay2win means money for any advantage

Nah

I don't think I have ever seen such a retarded poster in my life. I doubt you have played the game and are butthurt about Tribes dying (99% of all anti-smitefags on Sup Forums).

You do realize the starter/free Gods are arguably some of the best in the game right? Calling this game a P2W is the stupidest claim. You could bitch and whine about CC being annoying or some other valid claim to have an argument over, but the one you are trying to use is absolutely retarded.

Having more options =/= P2W. Again, I doubt you know what you are talking about and are just shitposting. Reading futher down your posts just makes my head hurt. Every claim you make has no foundation to stand on. I sincerely hope this is bait, otherwise you REALLY need to seek some help user.

how is the game pay2win, you only have the option to pay for god skins, voice packs, and ward skins. You can't spend money to get player skill.

If you want to run away and claim a victory that the game is 0.5% pay to win, be my guest but nobody cares

Probably the best F2P system for an ASSFAGGOTS outside of Dota, since you can just buy all current and future Gods for 30$, which I just equate to buying a 30$ game. Haven't played it in months but it's always nice knowing I can fire up the game whenever and have a bunch of new faggots to use.

just because the advantage can be overcome by skill (or time or teamwork or whatever) doesn't mean the advantage doesn't exist. you still paid real money for an in-game advantage. which means the game is pay2win.

me and the rest of the world will continue to do just that, and you are free to continue to play your pay2win game

Smite allows premades (even ranked) into every fucking mode and your guaranteed to constantly have them in your matches.

Avoid if you play solo and want fair matches. If you got friends to play with, have fun.

>pay hundreds of dollars and hours and hours of practice for a barely existent advantage
welp I guess the game is pay to win and this is the reason you should avoid it instead of all its actual significant problems
wow you sure showed me

I think you miss understood my question tell me what the advantage even is.

It's better than LoL and the third-person perspective alone makes it more enjoyable than other MOBAs for me. However, the competitive scene isn't taken seriously at all and the balance isn't anywhere near perfect. It's a "for fun" game, and the devs treat it as such (you can tell by the skins and all the events). With that said, they do have community tournaments with rewards.

I'd say play it if you want a fun arena game to get into, especially if you liked things like Monday Night Combat; or if you're just looking for a unique MOBA experience. Just don't take the game too seriously and don't really bother with ranked unless you actually plan on having a stack and want to fight other very skilled players.

>LoL with the camera panned down
>good

>LoL
>good

that's the exact opposite of what I implied but okay

>doge meme skins

Think of it as a 30 dollar game. There is no reason not to get the god pack if you play the game for any reasonable amount of time. If you're taking the game seriously enough to play any kind of ranked/draft mode just buy the fucking god pack. You fucks act like its some huge time/money sink like LoL for some reason. It happens every time smite gets mentioned.

Its a decent moba, but the gold mechanics and constant aiming take some getting used to. Skins are cancer, but at least its not like league where they make them so similar that you can't tell heroes apart from one another sometimes.

Also theres too much CC immunity in my opinion. Makes landing abilities feel kinda limp if they pop their active item/ult that makes them immune. I'd say its definitely at least worth a try

Usually leans towards underpowered nowadays. The newest champion is an exception though but she got toned down super fast.

do you like dank meh mehs? this game has so many memes bro

>There's too much CC immunity
To counterbalance the obscene amount of CC in the game. Everyone and their Great Aunt have some form of CC in the game.

sorry I said your fav assfaggots game was pay2win. Having a larger pool of gods to choose from is always an advantage, though.
I love that you insist that I haven't played it and that I'm a salty Tribes refugee like every other apologist in this thread instead of making an actual counter argument.

Just super frustrating to get someone like apollo or fenrir low and they just pop their ult and zoop away

Game is ok. I paid 15 bucks for all the characters when the pack was on sale. Community is fairly bad but it's pretty fun if you can play with friends. Game has some qts so that's always a plus. Worth looking into if you like the genre, avoid at all cost if you hate mobas.

To answer OP from underneath this sea of shitposting
It's an alright game. It does share similarities with LoL, but it isn't nearly as bad. No rune garbage for example and the grind is significantly smaller, also some (all?) HiRez games give you free Gems (paid currency) in some cases, like login rewards or tutorial quests. So they aren't as jewish as Riot by any means
Gameplay wise the game seemed pretty balanced to me, however I didn't play for more than like 60 hours. The third person view thing is interesting I guess, it's an alternative if you don't like top-down view that all mobas have.
Although I must say, it's fuckin weird the game sexualizes gods of existing mythologies, although some could argue they are just sexualizing the characters, whatever. It's not a problem if you're EUPHORIC I guess

Not him but I think the deal with LoL is that you can buy champs with money and use all your IP for runes. These things together would give you a pretty big advatage when starting out at low levels, you have more champs than your opponent to choose from that they do not know how to counter, AND the stats increases from Runes. That's some bullshit only LoL players defend
Smite similarly is technically p2w as you can buy all gods with money, but there's not much of an advatage to be gained unless you are against total newbies because starter gods are enough to do your job just fine.