Nothing to do but vidya

Pic related, its my current internet speed
I pay 100 a month for this
Because Comcast has a monopoly in my area I have nothing else available

At least I can play Civ VI in ultra....

Other urls found in this thread:

dslreports.com/forum/comcast
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Welcome to the US, where the anti-monopoly laws have more loopholes than punctuation and literally Hitler companies like Comcast is allowed to exist.

Where the fuck do you pay $100 a month for less than 2 mbits..

I pay $60 a month for this FROM Comcast, even. The UL isn't the greatest, obviously, but still. Do you live like.. on a farm

Can you read by any chance? Or do you see specific words and phrases that trigger you and post accordingly?

Posters like you should be shadow banned.

do you live on a farm in brooklyn then

US has some of the worst internet, because of the companies running it. It's ridiculous. Google tried to fight it but nobody took the fight with them, and so they also gave up.

New Haven, CT
I pay for (up to) 200 mbps
I have gotten up to 30 on a speedtest before
This is what I am living with now, and customer service says nothing is wrong..

There are sections of SV that are this bad, because carved out noncompete regions and fuck you.

whats wrong goy? we gave you your net neutrality just like you wanted! hehe. now enjoy these data caps and increased prices while i slep the democrats another million to maintain our monopoly here at comcast msnbc

there are no comcast plans that are that expensive and only give that speed. If you are actually on their confusing named blast plans and are only getting that, then something is obviously wrong and you should either contact comcast to check their lines, or check the line of your house to see no dumb ass contractor fucked up the wiring.

If everything is correct and you can only get that speed, then why are you paying for a higher speed tier than you can actually get? Comcast offers much cheaper rates for slow ass internet.

Ive been living here 2 years, and the price has slowly gone up while the speed has gone down.
Today it is the lowest it has ever been.
I have been on the phone with support all day and they claim that nothing is wrong
I have never once come close to advertised speed.
I agree I should pay less for this but I doubt my speed will increase if i downgrade

Geeze that's awful. That's like what I used to get with Frontier before I switched to Xfinity.

Xfinity has been good for me so far, aside from the fact that their router is kind of shit and if you're bundled into their VOIP service you have to lease it from them (I use my own router though, which made things much better). The other catch is that they send you nasty messages if you torrent movies and shows, so I had to buy a subscription to BTguard which wasn't such a bad tradeoff all things considered.

I'd say start off with a disgruntled phone call to customer service. Threaten to switch services if they don't make your internet faster and they might do something about it. Forget whether or not you hate all your other options, because they don't need to know that. Use the "I get faster internet on my cellphone" line.

With Frontier I had no option but to switch to Xfinity, because Frontier is so technologically incompetent that 2Mbps was the absolute best they could do. I used to be AT&T and then they sold their internet operations in the Northeast to Frontier, and everyone's internet speeds plummeted and our cable TV got crappier too.

I live in new haven county and get 30/6 for 180 a month.

I live a half an hour outside of philadelphia and the speeds I got to choose from where shit as well.

Some parts of America have no need to sell their customers faster internet, it's not like they're in direct competition with anyone else and their competition is gouging people with overpriced internet at the same rate they are.

>they send you nasty messages if you torrent movies and shows
What? I torrent all the time and never get any messages.
You must be seeding, huh? That's how you get detected. Never seed = ISP can't tell.

Question, I canceled suddenlink today for a new better Internet provider that offers gigabit Internet. Now, my billing cycle is tomorrow for $110 but when I canceled today they told me my service would end on March 4th and I would still have to pay the $110 tomorrow. I told them I want it canceled now and not to charge me another cycle but the dude was being an asshole towards me and said there was nothing he can do and he was being very blunt because I was canceling their shitty service.

What's the worst that can happen if tomorrow when they bill me I issue a chargeback on my card?

Depends if you had a contract I guess.
No contract = they can't do shit, pretty sure.

Ask on DSL report

dslreports.com/forum/comcast

I don't know how comcast does it, but ATT use to have reps go on their and escalate really bad issues, so a lot of people just contact them through that forum instead of going through the official support line. There are a lot of people who don't work for comcast that know's what up and could probably diagnose the issue as well.

I'm in CT and you're right near me. Xfinity drastically overstates their internet speeds, unfortunately, but unfortunately my only alternative is Frontier and Frontier is barely better than dialup which is why I ended up joining the dark side.

You're in Seattle is why. Seattle is home to much of America's tech sector-- the rainy Silicon Valley. The tech companies demand good internet service have the power to get priority from the telecom companies since they do so much business with them.

Despite being a tiny state, Connecticut is mostly rural and fairly undeveloped outside of a few urban hubs like New Haven, Hartford and Bridgeport. In general you're only going to have two internet options, with one of them usually being a bargain bin piece of shit like Frontier, and a usable one that is expensive.

We're supposed to be getting municipal broadbad infrastructure eventually which on paper should mean more competition and service options, but not every town is getting it and it might be a while before we actually get to see any difference in service.

Yeah I seed. I pay extra money so other people can download from my machine, which I know is stupid but that's how I roll.

Zoomtown aka time warner did this to my parents, we were paying for 20mbps and getting low 1 tops 2.5 and it was like 70 dollars a month

It was probably being throttled because I torrented so much shit in the past, I remember leaving my PC on and not being able to use Wifi for weeks just to download something

Now that I'm moved out and have my own high speed internet I'm so spoiled

>tfw frontier

Apparently the line where the time warner service ends is like 200 feet from my house, so i've been stuck with shitty DSL for years.

I've wondered If you call or visit Time Warner if they'll get service to you or if it's just pointless

It's worth a shot.

My town installed municipal fiber internet this year at 1gbps for $60/mo, so now Comcast has to sell their top-end services for dirt cheap. Feels really good

I might swap to municipal soon just because, will have to wait for a day when I won't use Internet though

Americucks and their "free market"
Enjoy your unregulated capitalism

Yeah, no contract paying month to month.
They screwed me over multiple times and my billing cycle used to be on the 21st of every month. Then, after a year of being with them they made me pay $20 more for the same package and 7 days earlier for no apparent reason. I feel less shitty doing this now, thanks.

>Just moved
>Turns out house is less than a mile away from 1 gigabit internet for super cheap
>Stuck with comcast or frontier
fuck me

Well, at least it's better value than uverse at my old place

100$ for less than 5 megs of speed ? IN NEW YORK ? Boi I pay 100 for 300 mbs speed on twc and I live in nyc also

Have all this money. Don't move. All my kekles

20€ for this

I am in fact moving, problem is, everwhere I can live to be a reasonable drive from my job also has comcast.

Tell customer service you need a technician to come out. Regardless of where you are, if you aren't getting at least 150 through an ethernet cable while having Blast, there's a fault. It could be your cable lines, it could be the cable lines outside, or it could be the plant. If you have your account number with you, I can look up the signal to your modem (yes, I work for Comcast).

I'm in the middle of no where, on the very edge of getting Comcast service. Here's my speed. The ping is higher than I'd like, but, again, I'm on the very edge of service.

have you tried getting a new router?
i had 2 MB donwload speeds before and then the old router broke and we got a new one and now the download speed here is over 10 MB

not bad for a country getting raped literally in every other way

OP Here

Nevermind guys, solved the problem

>parents are paying like $100 per month for internet, it's barely 5mbps, but it's "unlimited"
>dad thinks he's a smooth customer because he got them to discount it from $120 by threatening to switch
>meanwhile my friends are paying like $30 per month for 30mbps with unlimited cap
>they literally do not comprehend how slow my internet is, always want me to download games and shit and complain when I tell them it's going to take until the next day
>every time I tell dad that we need to just fucking switch he'll smile and get on the phone and the internet will be ~1mbps faster for like a week

So fucking glad I moved out. That house was slowly killing me. I'd take poverty any day over those people.

I hear ya bro
My parents wouldn't spring for data for our cell phones because they preferred their flip phones
(Mind you this is in 2011)
So i moved out, joined the military and paid for my own shit.
In hindsight, terrible decision but whetevs. mah freedom