What is that one game that everyone and their mother loves except you? Be honest

What is that one game that everyone and their mother loves except you? Be honest.

For me it is Metal Gear Rising. I'll say this before talking about it: I usually agree with Sup Forums's opinion on games, especially on this series. I loved MGS1,2 and 3, I liked MGS4 and somewhat enjoyed Peace Walker.

But I cannot possibly fathom how someone could play this game and call it amazing.

I liked how well it ran, even on last gen consoles. I liked the controls. I liked that they got back Raiden's VA and how smooth his animations are. I liked Zandatsu. But that's pretty much it.

I didn't like the story. I thought it was a mess. The dialogue was okayish, same with the voices.

Gameplay wise I had the biggest problems with it. I haven't played it on PC yet, put the parry system is very poorly implemented. The camera is horrible, the enemy design is uninspired. The environments are drab and look really ugly IMO.

But the biggest problem for me is how repetitive it was. Every time I started playing I was having fun for 10-15 minutes before the slashing and killing got old. Maybe it just isn't my type of game but I literally didn't derive any kind of pleasure from this game.

The characters are kinda generic too and underdeveloped. And very boring.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qSojB7PpzQw
youtube.com/watch?v=zZYfb6m7z9s&t=125s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

MGR is extremely overrated on Sup Forums desu you don't need to justify disliking it.

>somewhat enjoyed Peace Walker.
>But the biggest problem for me is how repetitive it was. Every time I started playing I was having fun for 10-15 minutes before the slashing and killing got old.
just like every action game it requires you to experiment a bit to have fun. also playing on the higher difficulties helps.
>The characters are kinda generic too and underdeveloped.
so, like every mgs game?

no, much much worse.

The Persona series.

that's fine I can understand why people didn't like it, it's also fairly shallow for an action game, but you just seem to contradict yourself a lot since many of the same could be said about games in the rest of the series.

also Red Dead Redemption.

>MGS
>undeveloped characters
My sides

>I liked MGS4
>the enemy design is uninspired
nigga like 1/3rd of the enemies are straight from MGS4. don't you see a problem with what you said here?

>Usually agree with Sup Forums opinions
Stop fucking acting like a faggot. Most opinions about anything here is hate, stand up for your own opinion you goddamn fucboi. You got trash opinion anyway.

I have to agree with this post I played it on release, I did it blind without any spoilers or input from the internet because I finished it in two sittings. I enjoyed it and thought it was fun, but nowhere near as good as Sup Forums made it up to be, let alone to call it the best Metal Gear game or a new pillar for action games.

It has a nice presentation and the flow between gameplay, cutscenes and QTE are nicely done and they induce hype to the player; but that's about it. The game is a short, one time thrill which is technically inferior to many other action games.

>parry system
>bad
Nigga it's satisfying as hell to parry in this game.

>could be said about the games in the rest of the series
yes, but not to this degree

>RDR
absolutely

You're very right about one thing, the gameplay is not very good; I even think a good part of Sup Forums agrees on that. Pretty much everything you do is parry enemy attacks (except when you can't do it because the shitty camera fucks you up) and then zandatsu all things to death. This also kills the replay value quite a bit.

What people really like about this game is the hype as fuck use of the soundtrack (seriously, every MGR thread here is about the music) and because the story and dialogue is so over-the-top and stupid that it actually transcends itself and becomes fucking amazing.

Did you seriously not enjoy Monsoon talking about memes, edgy Raiden or Armstrong's speech at the end? That shit is hilarious.

nigga that's hardly the game's worst problem
nigga parrys are an awful mechanic

So.. it's a so bad it's good type of story?

>Parrying is an awful mechanic
>Rewarding player skill with damage negation and weakness opening is a bad mechanic
t. someone who didn't get past blade wolf

it's shit because it's tied to the attack button.
It's inaccurate as fuck

>It's inaccurate
You mean you weren't good enough to be accurate.

uh yes.

I wouldn't really say it's bad, its more like the game doesn't take itself very seriously.

Remember that this is the game where motherfucking Senator Armstrong kicks raiden into a giant robot so hard that you can actually hear a crowd cheering for him as if it was a football match.

>I liked MGS4
Why?

It was fun for a few hours. The voice acting was nice. It had good visuals and music. It gave a sense of closure.

Dishonored

Halo 3. The short and disappointing story, downgraded BR, and 2008 P2P drive me up the wall, but Sup Forums seems to think this means I've never played a custom game in my life.

Old Snake's voice got on my nerves, but I agree about the music and sense of closure (even if I think the story and gameplay are close dogshit).

I like MGS4's OST a lot.

>Old Snake's voice got on my nerves
Fucking agreed, Hayter is such a terrible VA.

Yep, 4 and V's OST are the best.

Quite a few since Sup Forums seems to hate and overexaggerate their hate for good sequels/installments of well known series

>MGS4
>Peacewalker
>DMC2
>Sly 3 and 4
>Tales of Legendia
>Tales of Zesteria
>Sonic 2006
>Sonic and the Secret rings/Black knight
>Asura's wrath
>Mega man 7
>Twilight princess/ Windwaker over OoT/MM
>Paper mario Color Splash

And probably a lot more

>people still hoping aboard the MGS4 hate train

Oh get over it will ya. The only reason people hated MGS4 was because it was the only worthwhile title, and most people's incentive to buy a PS3 at launch. You'd be bitter too if you spent $600 on a game that didnt live up to the hype, kind of how everyone who bought a PS4 for MGSV felt. But its been a decade now, so GET. OVER. IT. MGS4 at least closes the story and ends the saga. MGSV just left it wide open again all for the sake of a shitty plot twist that didnt even need to exist.

Most characters are as developed as they need to be for the story. The series relies on archetypes but there's definitely some interesting nuance in how it relates them to the themes it explores.

>MGS4 closes the story and ends the saga
It's the final game in the story. It's supposed to.
>MGSV just left it wide open again
It's a prequel mate. There's nothing open left.
>shitty plot twist that didn't even need to exist
It did, because it shows how far gone Big Boss is.

>The only reason people hated MGS4 was because it was the only worthwhile title, and most people's incentive to buy a PS3 at launch.
You really think this? You've never read or heard the positions of people that dislike the game?

>It shows how far gone big boss is

Not important. That was established in MG1. And MGs3 ties into MG1. We didnt need an inbetween to show us exactly what we already knew would happen. And even then its a pointless adventure because it has NOTHING to do with Big boss, just some literally who double all for the sake of giving a legitimate non videogame reason for why the villain returns in Mg2. He's a fucking BAD GUY. thats what they DO.

>It's not important
For you. I liked it. They didn't make him an edgy killer.

>He's a fucking bad guy, that's what they do
kek. play the series again faggot.

>it's inaccurate
You're pretending to be retarded right? The parry system worked fine, in fact it is so lenient accuracy barely matters.

>those sonic games
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Judging by your posts, you started with MGS, so you have no grounds to talk about the history of this series.

Big Boss was the villain in MG1 and MG2.

Before 1990 -
>Big boss gets defeated in MG1
>Premotional material for MG2 comes out
>BIG BOSS IS BACK
>This mother fucker survived all that shit snake put him through and is ready for round 2

>Post 2014
>Big boss gets defeated in MG1
>H-ha! That wasnt really me, it was a guy I hired to be me!
>Big boss is a fucking pussy who hides behind walls and mirrors to save his own ass instead of being a true hero and dying for his ideals

Woooow, Way to completely kill a good character Konami. Fuck you.

DMC4

not only do i hate the flamboyant shitty anime visuals and its miniscule and lazy "improvements" to the gameplay of DMC3, but the brony fanbase it pulled in with its PC release has made me retroactively hate the entire series since its now the domain of these kids wondering why DMC1 has "shit combat"

Sounds like you're just a jaded loser, because I love DMC enough to own a dante shrine, and I won't deny DMC1 has shit controls either. Learn to accept the truth instead of blindly defending shit faggot.

>play the series again faggot
Are you trying to say Big Boss wasn't a colossal cunt? He's right that MG2 and MGS3 gave more than enough insight into his character.

I like the Venom twist more than the generic "Boss gets angry and murders everyone" story some people may have expected, but MGSV doesn't really tell us more about Big Boss we didn't know already. MG1 and MG2 already established Big Boss is a manipulative dick. I like MGSV significantly more than MGS4 in nearly every way, but it wasn't really a story we needed and it's not particularly successful at what it tries.

Dying for your ideals is an outdated idea, especially with someone as skilled and powerful as big boss. All he was doing is recognizing that the could serve his cause better alive than dead.

What "shit controls" you fucking child? Literally the same control scheme than in DMC3 except that you need to aim with the guns before shooting( which actually doesnt happen if you play on easy)

Pokemon. They're all the exact same game! And every moment of the game is exactly the same!

And yet he lived to come back in MG2. That shows far more then having some stupid body double.

Point is they ruined a well loved 20 year old plot we oldfags grew up with all in favor of a shitty modern day shamalyan tier twist to appease the cinematic crowd. Its just as bad as rebooting the entire series.

PS2 in general guy. Things get updated for a reason, and DMC1 was and still is a clunky mess. I love it despite that, but I'm not going to blatantly defend it out of fanboyism and neither should you.

Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Total fucking dumpsterfire of a game, and I don't know how no one else sees it but me.

>They're all the same game

No different then final fantasy or any other RPG. If Pokemon wasnt the same everytime it wouldt be pokemon.

>DMC2

What?

I started with MG1 you fucking cocksucker.

>H-ha! That wasnt really me, it was a guy I hired to be me!
>Big boss is a fucking pussy who hides behind walls and mirrors to save his own ass instead of being a true hero and dying for his ideals

He's still all that though. Retard.
>it was a guy I hired to be me
It was a guy he manipulated and forced (against his will) to become Big Boss. Then he got rid of him during the Outer Heaven uprising.

Final Fantasy games are very different from each other. They change the combat in almost every installment.

>Rewarding player skill
I love the game and all but parry was baby easy mode mechanic in the game

Theres nothing "clunky" about DMC1, the people saying this are usually retards who arent happy because they cant just spam shit on punching bag enemies like in DMC4

youtube.com/watch?v=qSojB7PpzQw

It also happens to have the best bossfights in the series and by extension some of the best in the genre

youtube.com/watch?v=zZYfb6m7z9s&t=125s

>Then he got rid of him during the Outer Heaven uprising.
Not on purpose.

I like that you're playing as someone who's been directly manipulated and deceived by Big Boss, when the whole game is supposed to be you playing as him. It lets you experience first hand what beying being betrayed feels like and it fully shows his transformation from Hero to Villain. It brings the series full circle.

Also it kinda gives more context to some plot points from other games and I liked that.

>It was a guy he manipulated and forced (against his will) to become Big Boss.

Wow he is no more complicated than the plot for the big bad from The Princess Diaries.

That was in the original. However, now that the game is retconned the only things we know for sure is that Venom dies at Outer Heaven, despite the real Big Boss being the one who estabilishes it.

I think BB knew what Solid was capable of.

It is, because the very things that set him on his path of villainy was his hatred for the US government not giving a shit about the Boss and basically forcing her to recover the Philosophers' Legacy. Fast forward 20 years and he's okay with doing the same thing.

What you're suggesting is completely nonsensical. You're telling me Big Boss intentionally botched a plan to topple the Patriots and the new world order, a plan that involved the creation and maintenance of a military state, all just to kill his doppelganger in a heavily-armed and guarded fortress?

No. It makes a lot more sense to think the story was more or less the same as always, just that Venom is the one at OH instead of Big Boss himself.

Halo,
Yes even 1-3 before people realized it was shit.

>Suggesting nonsensical feats in a fictional videogame is somehow illogical

lol

The difference is that one interpretation is consistent with MGSV itself as well as the entire series up to this point, whereas the other hinges on a bunch of canon-changing presumptions that aren't necessary.