Zelda Breath of the Wild DLC

>I hate DLC, boycott Nintendo, Zelda is DOA, etc.
Fuck you.

Well, dlc isn't an expansion anymore. It's content cut from the game sold to you later for more money. Plus there isn't nearly the same amount of content.

Sweeping generalization that is unfortunately all too often true in today's industry, but which can't as yet be said for Zelda since we don't know shit about what the DLC is or how much content it amounts to.

Basically what the industrys been doing lately, but I'm buying the dlc because of the original story line promised in late 2017. It better be a traditional expansion. If it's one quest line I'm going to freak.

>tfw the only worthwhile thing Gearbox ever did was building on someone else's work

Expansion packs ≠ DLC

>hard mode is literally day 1 DLC
>comparing this to entire extra campaigns made years after the game came out after learning more about how to work their respective engines and what fans wanted from the game

>comparing half life opposite force, elder scroll's expansions and diablo to a shitty 20 $ dlc with a Switch shirt and some crates

you must be retarded

>hard mode is literally day 1 DLC
Unfortunate, but they call it "new hard mode". If the game already has a hard mode and this is like a nightmare mode on top of that, it won't be as bad. More importantly...

>comparing this to entire extra campaigns made years after the game came out after learning more about how to work their respective engines and what fans wanted from the game
No one is comparing hard mode to that you jackass. It's not a hard mode DLC, it's an expansion pack in DLC form that will have a hard mode as a part of it. Also:

>Hexen October 30 1995, Deathkings January 1996, 2 months
>Half-Life November 19 1998, Opposing Force November 19, 1999, 1 year
>Diablo II: June 29, 2000, Lord of Destruction June 27 2001, 1 year
>Morrowind May 1 2002, Tribunal November 6 2002, Bloodmoon June 3 2003, 6 months and 7 months

None of them came out "years after the game". The longest of these between releases was 1 year to the day. The shortest was two fucking months. And you can't talk shit about how they introduced entire extra campaigns when we don't even know the full scope of what the DLC will be, though we have been given the vague promise of a "new story" which sounds like a new campaign scenario to me.

If those were full expansions, and this DLC amounts to a full expansion plus some throwaway extras, then tell me where exactly the problem lies.

Amazing how quick to demonstrate my point you are. You dickshits are reacting to the thought of DLC as a basic concept, not to the content and value of the DLC itself, because we have nothing to go on yet except the added things that aren't the actual meat of the expansion. Again, fuck you.

The Bargaining stage

Fuck you OP now I want to play Opposing Force and Blue Shift. Your horse armor DLC can fuck off with you.

Do the Master and Special Editions include the Season Pass?

It looks like they don't, which doesn't surprise me.

/

>game gets released
>it does really well
>produce more content due to demand
vs
>game is not even out yet
>already announce DLC
There is a big difference.

A lot of the time these expansions were already cut content for time that were just not ready yet.

There are some bad practices but most of the time expansions tend to be "production of main project to be finished by X date. Continued production finished by Y".

They know what they will have in DLC because they have a production schedule. Hence why it is very easy for large developers to map out things well in advance.

Nintendrone so ass blasted in full defense mode that they have to pull out the biggest of bait

How are expansion packs downloadable content

Expansion Pack:
>developed after game is out
>hours of new content
>because developed after game is out, sales need to determine if pack is made or not
>literally new shit everywhere

"Most" DLC these days:
>Developed concurrently with game, released fairly soon after game is out
>on average 2-3 hours of content
>not determined by sales
>constantly, reusing old assets

Not all of todays DLC are constantly bad. But its a fair asusmption ro make that most are shit. Expansion packs were generally worth the $40 you had to put in

See:
Deathkings matches all that DLC stuff, yet I didn't give a shit and enjoyed myself. And do you think that, with all that "literally new shit everywhere" that Tribunal and Bloodmoon were greenlit, planned, developed, tested, printed, and shipped only after seeing Morrowind's market and critical success? In other words, all that shit in half a year or less? Not a chance fancy pants.

The only thing that matters is, in the end, how good are these expansions, and are they a good value for their price?

>thinking DLC and expansion packs are the same thing

how new are you? to life, I mean, you must be fucking 12 if you dont remember good ol expansion packs

>there are people who aren't just going to pirate BotW and it's DLC

ah yes i love DLC too!

This.

Things like
>new hard mode
>additional map feature
Should be in the base game

>the best part about it was the fact that it was HL gameplay with new weapons
>the maps aren't that great
>everything else good about is basically made by valve
>they then proceeded to make blue shift

Even using someone else's work they could only make it work once.

How are they still a company?

>never ending DLC is totally the same as expansion packs guise

Compare Diablo 2 with Diablo 2 LoD.

And Opposing Force? That is a standalone game. You can play that without owning half life.

Just like Old Hunters

street fighter v

Implying the game isn't finished with just over 2 weeks left to release

>game goes gold
>developers spend 1-2 months doing nothing instead of working on DLC.
your first scenario barely ever happens.

If you can download an expansion to a game... is it not still DLC?

>You shouldn't complain about DLC
>Posts example image
>Image name is Expansion Packs
This kind of bait used to fail before neo-Sup Forums

What is the most egregious Day 1 DLC ripoff in recent memory?

>Go into Half Life
>Select hard
>Don't get charged $20

It's that simple

> Day 1
> Summer 2017

its called addon, retarded nintendrone

>neo-Sup Forums
Thank fucking god someone still uses this term.

>expasnion pack is same thing as dlc
this is bait, no one can be this retarded.

just to be clear, the DLC is comming to Wii U version as well right?
not really here to shittalk, just need to know.
>realised today that BOTW is only half a month away from release
time sure flies by sometimes.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Expansion Pass $20
>Nioh Season Pass $25

FPBP

its nu-v
neo-v is dead

It blows my mind Blue Shift was the second expansion and not the first. It felt so much more bare bones, like a glorified map pack.

Assuming my memory is correct and there weren't any new guns or enemies, other than changing HEV cells to body armor pickups.

Expansion packs are served as DLC now, idiot. It's the equivalent in the modern age of an almost exclusively digital PC market.