Will it EVER be acceptable to discuss or like this game? Is this vidyas biggest black sheep of all time?

Will it EVER be acceptable to discuss or like this game? Is this vidyas biggest black sheep of all time?

I liked this game

It's not bad. Day Mode had the best gameplay and speed. Night Mode was a lot slower and the stretching hands were not great.

Same, not a big fan of the day stages though. Kinda glitchy and required reflexes that feel almost inhuman.

I never found them glitchy but i agree that at first it seemed inhuman, the skill needed to play them. When i first played the game i honestly enjoyed the night stages a little more because I could go at my own pace, smash shit up, and swing enemies around. But after enough playing i finally picked up on the timing needed to master the day stages.

Now that Project Unleashed exists, no.

No.

You'll forever be called Unleashed fag or a nostalgia baby who just hit 18 years of age for enjoying the game.

Unleashed Project sucks. Lightning isn't as good as console versions even with the mods and Sonic doesn't control as well

Unleashed is interesting because literally half the game is terrible and the other half is great.

The night stages were utter irredeemable shit but I do think they were worth slogging through to play the day stages which were fantastic.

Literally made the boosting bullshit the staple of modern Sonic gameplay. For that it's crap.

Actually that is Sonic Rush and Dimps who made Boosting a thing

>tfw was stuck with the ps2 copy
>almost beat the game until ERROR SAVE CORRUPTED
>since it took me a long time to get to that point i lost all motivation to ever play it again

Day levels were cool and music was nice.

Nostalgia? Its been 8 years and 3 months. At what point does it need to be for you to enjoy something with out using nostalgia as a comeback? Shit I'm nostalgia for the in n out hamburger I had last friday.

the wii day stages are the best sonic has been
the 360/ps3 day stages are alright but not the best they coud be
tho the hog has always been bad no matter which version

that's a pretty long time user

Don't fucking ask me. That's the reasoning fuckers use against people who like the game.

The night stages are on average 2 or 3 times longer than the day stages, it isn't half and half.

He didn't say Unleashed invented boost, he said it made it a staple of the series.

Is this a fucking joke?

The Wii stages are fucking empty and just long hallway stretches with an occasional bend and a spam homing attack section.

>getting mad that you can go stupid fast easily in a sonic game

??????

Those were handheld spinoffs. Not the main series. Plus, Rush actually used the boost correctly. It wasn't a "Let the game play itself" ability.

There was a time where speed was earned, not given.

Fair enough

The night stages are much smaller than the day stages actually, its just that with the slower movement speed it seems to take forever. You can actually ignore a ton of mobs and doing so will make them comparable length. God knows you have to if you EVER want to beat those night time hot dog time trials

Would you?

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply they were physically longer. They obviously weren't.

I know it sounds like I'm full of shit but it's true man
Everyone wants sonic to go fast and for them to not get stopped or die in a cheap way
The wii daystages let you go fast, reward you for being good, and are optimal for anyone to react to anything in the way to keep the momentum going
boost is not a constant and are only given to the player if they used they boosts wisely
while it could've added a little more, it was the right step in the direction of where to take modern sonic rather than hold boost to win

How can you impregnate a ghost?

>hold right to win
>get punished
>lol just git good ;)

>hold boost to win
>get punished
>just truck through it like nothing ever happened but say the game is playing itself

Autism

You just do.

You're an idiot.

>this is official

what was REALLY wrong with this game?

I forgot how bad the ps2 version looked.

The Xbox 360 was the superior version.

Fuck this short was so great. They really went all out promoting this game. Was it ever confirmed/denied if this was really supposed to be the last Sonic game, so they went all out with it?

GHOST BLOWJOB WOOOOOOOOO

Two completely different genres that didn't mix with each other that well

The majority wanted to play the day stages and more of them, but the game's other genre mode took up most of the playtime due to the slow nature of it. A say stage can be completed in less than 5 minutes on the first run. A night stage could take up to 20 to 30 minutes.

That's not including the grinding required to proceed to the next set of stages.

On a technical level, there is nothing wrong with the game. It's mostly solid experience. I don't know why a lot of people complain in a way that makes the game sound broken or unplayable.

>The night stages are on average 2 or 3 times longer than the day stages, it isn't half and half.

If you're shit at the game, maybe.

And I meant half-and-half from a largely conceptual standpoint. I'm not measuring the exact time length.

Speaking of technicalities, i think its probably the best looking console game last gen. Theres some low res textures in some areas but the post processing effects and lighting are absolutely insane especially for coming out in 2008

That fucking jpeg hud omg

The night stages will literally never be as short as the day stages unless you skip everything you can possibly skip. If you're good at the game, the day stages will go even fucking faster and amount to even less of the playtime.

Conceptually, fine.

8 years ago i was 10

Sonic controls like an unwieldy bar of soap when not doing anything that isn't boosting in a straight line. The Framerate went from manageable to absolutely dogshit in many sections. There were a lot more areas of level that locked you in points where you don't have any control at all. Quick time Doorbells was a terrible mechanic when a number of them were over deathpits. And whoever thought it would be a good idea to map the homing attack to the same button that starts the air boost when not locked on should be dragged out in the street and flogged. The werehog was obviously filler with shallow, slow and repetitive combat with tediously slow platforming segments and ate up most of the game's playtime that made you only keep playing to get to the speedy sections again. The concept is sound but the execution was misguided: Werehog could have been slower than Day Sonic but still a wild, more combat focused quickslinger.

But coming off the 2006 as the next "main entry" into the series it was like a gift from God. The production values were "night and day" in the two years between the two games. While 2006 was shit in all regards, Unleashed came in swinging with a lovely artstyle, surreal locales, impressive graphics, grand music, incredible attention to detail in the animations, environments, and still impressive lighting engine. The gameplay direction was something new for the franchise built off what was successful in the Rush titles, and it was the first 3D game to truly focus on capturing blistering speed in the gameplay even if many of the game's flaws resulted from it. There was obviously a soul in the game, even if it didn't deliver nearly as much as it should, it certainly stood out.

Oh and IGN still rated it lower than 2006.

And just to drive the point home of the presentation gap between 2006 and Unleashed.

I think it was also proven that IGN never completed it past the 2nd stage going by the reviewer's achievement unlocks.

Unleashed reminded me of a low-budget pixar movie.

Man, the bottom pic was great for the early PS3 games tho

Still doesn't mean it looks out of place. And besides, Unleashed came out like 2 years later.

I dont know what its like on ps3, but on 360, heres many people got through the game

>first continent: 31%
>second continent: 17%
>third continent: 13%
>fourth continent: 11%
>fifth continent: 8%
>sixth continent: 7%
>beat the game: 5%