[religious screeching in the distance]

[religious screeching in the distance]

SS4 when?

[Klopping in the distance]

Hitscan sucks ass

No....

NO!

>HYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK

Worst enemy in serious sam franchise. If the game is about open fields and projectiles why does this awful enemy exist?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>No warning beyond REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>TAKATAKTAKATAKA
>OOF
>Go around corner to take it out
>Turns out one is also opposite it behind you
>Cant dodge
hopefully ss4 is more projectile based so you're never having to fucking sit behind a wall waiting for it to finish gatting at you

Considering DOOM 4 had no hitscan enemies, maybe Croteam will take note.

I agree but at least they were big yellow and red dildos that barely moved so they were easy to chuck a few rockets at and then hide. But yeah, shitty, shitty enemy.

>be dev
>spend every waking moment with game
>painstakingly model enemy
>everyone involved agrees this is fine
>no players even like them

Excuse me?

I like them when they're used as a part of traps and rooms. I don't like them when they're just put on some high ground making every move a risk.

Just shoot the balls, dude.

is there a more distinctive enemy than this? Such a unique design

I mean, I do kinda find them hot.

I recently found Second Encounter in a secondhand store's 50c bin.

Can you hear their screams until all of them are dead on a level? Because I swear I could hear distant AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH's all the damn time.

They only scream if they're actively running toward Sam.
If you look at one that's already placed in the level without actually aggroing it, you'll see it in a nonhostile, calm state.
If one spawns right in front of you, you can see its nonhostile state for a split second before it snaps to running and screaming.

They do sometimes scream as an idle sound, but not constantly like they do when running at you.

So either I'm just paranoid or there's one poor guy stuck behind a rock somewhere?

Also I imagine this is universal, but screw Kleers and screw rooms that go pitch black for awhile. That was horrifying.

>there's one poor guy stuck behind a rock somewhere
That happens, yes, Sam doesn't have the sharpest AI.

Its more of a soft, non-threatening scream.

Both of those are possible, actually.
I've never had a Sam playthrough without at least one enemy getting stuck on something.

If it isn't a constant unending scream, then that's definitely what you're hearing.

D44M had nothing close to the scale of SS levels. If the enemy is stationary and 100 meters away from you, he's probably gonna have a hitscan gun.

Have the upgraded version

Then how about one of these:
Extremely fast homing projectiles (though the Reptiloids kinda fill that role)
Or, take away their chain gun and give them sniper rifles, where a laser locks onto you before shooting. Essentially, Arch-Vile attacks, delayed hitscan.

At one point I was running around like crazy because I couldn't figure out where the screaming was coming from, but then you get boring rooms with only 1 or 2 guys and you feel let down.

Feels like I'm playing Turok as a child again, it's so much fun.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Headless Kamikaze is the most unique and fun enemy I've seen in gaming. It's simple but works so well.

If Brett Sanderson isn't your SS3 multiplayer character, then you're a massive pleb.