Wat final fantasy game should i play never played any before

wat final fantasy game should i play never played any before

I would say either 9 or 8

if you don't like jrpgs Id go with 11 it's half off on steam

13 kind of sucks , you could play 7 if you want to meme. I personally like 8 the best.

6 is great if you like snes games

The first, work your way up. Gives you the right to bitch about how badly the series has declined

Most people start with 6 or 7.

Bear in mind you're probably going to start a massive argument about which is best, my advice is play those 2, if you enjoy 6 more play 1-5, if you enjoy 7 more play 8+

FF1 is real bad though, he might be turned off from the series entirely.

Yeah, the first is a bare bones RPG. The most basic of basic. Two is even worse, if that was even possible. Hell two is the worst in the entire series. Three is again a bare bones RPG. But 4 is where the series starts to breathe some life into their characters and put a little bit of effort into their storytelling.

we are too far into the future for him to start at one he needs to start with the first really ground breaking one 6 or 7

FFX is the most accessible, it has good combat, graphics and story. Its a pretty good starting point.

I'm playing FF1 for the first time right now and I think it's fantastic

6 or 7 are considered the best. 10 is good and pretty accessible.

9 is really great

>doubt.jpg

Start with 10. Then play 7. Then don't play anymore FF games.

I was never interested in the saga and currently playing FF I for the first time ever. ask me anything.
I think if you want to know the thing you shouln´t be scared for some bad origins turning your hype off from the rest of the series.
I mean, fuck off, what's the drama of not liking a certain title, you can't appreciate the evolution of the franchise if you don`t start from the roots. Same to MGS to me.

Start with 4. It's a real classic. I'd suggest playing the DS/PC version for increased difficulty. But the PSP/Gameboy version has an ending dungeon and super boss that the DS/PC version lacks.

You're retarded, I started with FFXIV and decided to not be a faggot who didn't play any other games, I is great.

I really do, I bought it from the PSN sale and booted it up just to try it out and I'm really enjoying it

XIII Trilogy
XIV: A Realm Reborn
XV
Maybe XII once the remaster comes out

So you played I because you were worried what other people thought of you? That's quite pathetic.

Bravely Default

No I wanted to play it because I personally wanted to actually understand references

VI

1, 6, 7, or 9

1, otherwise the story in the sequels won't make sense

1 and 2 well yes are the worst from the first 5 since their system is anemic.
6 is the best ff and the best experience i had along with 9.
7 is fun but it starts so horribly i quit twice before i actually finish it and that was on release.
8 takes its own way and you might end hitting like a truck if you learn the junction system but it cool.
x is the last i played and it's huge if you want 100% from each game.
4 is good but boring and so is 5.
3 is the only one i haven't played.

9 is the only worthwhile game in the series so play thay

You're talking out of your fucking ass.

>Implying X > IV
>Implying X > VI
>VII is pretty good

KYS

This guy gets it

Nearly every thing that is a staple of the series comes from 2
Have fun playing that

The only acceptable answer

Don't play any of them they are all bad.

Or maybe he played it because he likes video games you fucking autist

any of the snes ones, play them all first. please don't start with 7 lest you become an insufferable fag for the rest of your life

FFIX is the best entry point if we're talking kinda old FFs

I'm about to start playing XV for the very first time. Play it with me, user!

IV remake or IX. Both are pretty rad and classic FF titles.

In 2's defense it has a great soundtrack

>Implying X>V
>Implying VII isn't good
It's funny how the true plebs are the first to call others plebs

5 and here's why:

No whiny emo protags. Bartz is basically the Spiderman of Final Fantasy. Except not an emo faggot when he takes off the mask. And he's literally surrounded by women at all times.

Best introduction to the classic jobs that reoccur throughout the series.

Galuf > That useless geezer from FFIV nobody remembers.

Introduces you to Gilgamesh, Omega, and Shinryuu, all recurring FF bosses that have a disjointed story behind them throughout the series.

The final boss is a tree.

I liked two's progression mechanics, its was just too grindy to be actually fun

These are the only ones worth playing:

ffx-2
ffxiii-2
Lightning Returns

4 5 6 7 or 10
or you could start with the best
Tactics

>about to play
Just stop, don't bother. You will enjoy the first half of the game and then realize just how unfinished and unrealized the game is once you hit chapter 8. It's supposed to be the turning point of the game, and it is, from pretty good to dogshit awful.

Wait until at least September when you have the gladio and prompto DLCs as well as some much needed patches and improvements.

am I gonna have to start up a new game to see these?

honestly, I'd start with VI or VII

then play IX, X, IV and VII

you can also play XV first, but I'ts better you play an old one first in order to get some references

Those games are genuinely pretty good though. Not even in an ironic or unironic sense.

you tried

Watch a longplay of the first 7 games at the same time.

You don't need to grind that much in 2, the problem is that you need to laser focus your progression to not suck if your plan doesn't involve abusing the fuck out of Toad.

It's still a pretty shitty game.

The new features will be implemented based on relativity.
>story improvement = certain point in the game
>gameplay improvement = access at any point

They have implemented a newgame+ feature to make up for their mistakes.

Also another reason to wait is tobata has come forward and said the ignis DLC will change the story in some way. My thought is though FFXV has a dedicated ending they may somehow alter to have a new ending or extend beyond it.

In all honesty, 7. Its success has pretty much alone held up the series due to its reputation.

I've done exactly that and people just get incredibly butthurt when I point out that VI is the one responsible for it.

plebian

was meant for How so? I rather enjoyed VI

What's funny about this is that I have no idea what geezer you're even referring to

I already did, I abused swap and happily strolled through the game.

Pandaemonium was fun

Tellah, also known as the only NPC that died in IV besides his daughter. Seriously, poor edward his waifu died and his father in law hated him.

>NPC

NPC stands for non playable character.

start with 4 and continue until 10, then you stop

Also if bartz isn't wearing a mask you've done it wrong.

>Peter Parker
>emo faggot
So you have no idea what you're talking about?

Edward was a harp playing faggot and Tellah actually cast Meteo it's easy to see who was right

So do FuSoYa and Rydia, and it didn't kill them.

Depends on what version you play. The NES version is old and archaic for sure if you've ever touched an RPG before, but it's still fun and if you want to experience it regardless you can always take the patrician party.

>7 is fun but it starts so horribly
Quit being a gaybo Midgar is the best part of the game.

The NES and the GBA versions play pretty much the same. Same core gameplay, which is the problem. Unless you really like grindan, it's nothing that good.

Just head over to the peninsula of power for 15 minutes and you don't even need to worry about grinding for a good while.

This is actually a quality answer right here.

OP, what do you like in an RPG?

I mean that the gameplay is just a slog, you know, it all feels like a grind. The combat's so basic it annoys me, and unlike the later games there's no story or art to push you through the meh gameplay.

Fucked up everything good IV and V did in favor of telling stories I did not care about and half-assing gameplay as the price for more storytelling.

Yeah I can understand that. You need a lot of resolve to push through. Although I'm determined to play through all mainline games this year (sans XI and XIV).
Nice digits.

I have a physical paper copy of this Nintendo Power somewhere. I think they're all in a box in my mom's basement which is like 2500 miles away, but I have it.

FFXII.

>>The NES and the GBA versions play pretty much the same

What the fuck, no they don't.

Anyone who uses "meme" as unironic criticism is clearly is worth listening to.

Whatever, it's true
7 is a MEME MEME MEME MEME MEME
8 and 9 are the best games

9 is my favorite and while some won't see it as the best one, it's at least the first one you should play.

8 is fucking garbage in every conceivable way. The only worse one is 12.

>This is what /d/ will look like when they are old men

8 is fucking garbage with godawful gameplay and an even worse emo faggot MC and deserves every bit of hate it gets.

9 is decent and only seems like a masterpiece compared to the abomination that is 8.

>casts the strongest spell in the game
>doesn't killed the bad guy
>ends up getting killed from the strain on his body
Almost as bad as minwu sacrificing himself for a spell I never used in II

Hey now, I don't like 12 much either but it didn't insult my intelligence the way 8 did.

>Galuf > FuSoYa
>Galuf > Tellah

You spoony faggot.

Rydia is not for lewd!

Start with VI. It's not the best, but I'd say it casts the widest net of all the series' strengths. From there it'll be easier to figure out what parts of the series, if any, resonate with you.

>4 Fighters
>Not 1 White Mage and 3 Black Belts

Why do you hate damage?

I have no idea what I'm looking at. Is that a plant growing out of his head?

Oh no nigger, Rydia is definitely for Lewd.