To be honest this is way better than Bloodborne

To be honest this is way better than Bloodborne.

The combat's better, but it's not as good as BB in most other departments.

Still really good, though.

it's not
it's a solid 7/10 game overhyped by retards

They're both good games, you can delete your thread now.

>No character creation
>Forced to play as Geralt
>No backstory or explanation
>Fuckeasy bosses
>Somehow even more linear than BB or DS3
>5 whole weapons

It's basically Diet Dark Souls.

Why not enjoy both like a regular human being

Itll be good when it comes to PC. Its basically in beta right now.

Shut the fuck up fatso

No it's not. Combat is shit. Weapon variety is shit. Enemy variety is shit. Enemy have 3-5 moves. Bosses are shit, except maybe 2. Reused levels. Music is shit. Game is easy. Stupid story, stupid villain.
Overall 7/10.

U gotta bait a bit harder nex time buddy

souls like games are garbage
i hope the fad dies soon

To be hones OP is a retard.

>everything is shit
>7/10

Math checks out

The only thing i don't like about this game is the lack of enemy variety. I'm in the 4th region and i'm fucking tired of fighting thos annoying fucks that crawl around on the ground. They're not hard, they're just fucking everywhere.

do I need a ps4
seriously, what games can I get besides guilty gear (since ps4 community is bigger than pc)

i have a 6700k + 1070 pc

>Edward Kelley
>not one of the best villains since Guildenstern

To be honest, it really isn't.

Maybe better combat, but enemy variety and level design in some levels brings it below Bloodborne imo.

can't tell if talking about bloodborne or nioh

Odin sphere
Nioh
BB
Gr1 and 2
Nier

Newfag.

you described a 3/10 game (which is correct for Nioh)

It has a bunch more depth to its combat systems, although that depth isn't needed and you can easily cheese it. That said, the combat is still very in depth and the one thing it obviously has against BB.

The story is better too, mostly because its an actual story and not just a husk for people to figure out on their own. The historical figures also bring a lot of flair and interest to it for me at least.

Its lacking in weapon variety although each weapon is really variable, level design, world design and music though. Overall I prefer BB but Nioh is still extremely fun.

So how about we stop being retards and realize that they're both great with their own pros and cons. Its really fucking retarded for people to bicker and moan about one game being the better.

Jelous our petition is doing well?

It isn't
Still better than DaS2 and 3 though.

Still worth buying.

>Nier

Pretty sure Nier is coming out on PC.

To be honest it crashed incredibly quickly. I'm starting to see people pretending it does not exist and they have no good things to say about it.

>comparing it to Bloodborne
>gee cant tell if talking about bloodborne or not

reading comprehension is not your strongsuit

brings me memories from uncharted 4, many pretending they didnt buy it because they paid $60 bucks for a movie

It's better in that it's more polished, has a usable framerate and has very short load times

But the level design is worse, the boss design is much worse, there's no enemy variety, graphics/atmosphere/art design/ost/story/lore are all way worse. The combat system is a little more complex but I wouldn't say better. The loot system is also bad and the game is bloated with extra skills or whatever. It doesn't need onmyo, ninjutsu, spirits, and weapon skills

Too difficult to compare. BB is a better overall game but nioh has better combat

Umi-bozu is also a really poorly designed fight

it will be the GOAT on Sup Forums like BB until it comes to PC

>Umi-bozu is also a really poorly designed fight

So is the Bed of Chaos, that doesn't make DaS a bad game.

When is this game dropping in price? Refuse to pay sixty for this garbage.

Did he hurt you, user?

>until it comes to PC

Will it come out on PC though? I don't think Team Ninja has ever ported a game to PC.

BB combat it better. Nioh has good combat, but there are 5 (five) weapons. Movesets aren't that varied either. For instance, tricking and untricking mid-combo in BB is more fluid than stance switching in Nioh.

>it will be the GOAT on Sup Forums like BB until it comes to PC

Yeah, because PCucks will play and suck at it and then complain that it's poorly designed

KT will probably port it, and we all know how KT's pc ports end up.

It just came out, idiot.

I love BB, but I also really like Nioh so far, I have to admit it took a bit longer to get the hang of it.

I'm fairly new to the game (did like 3 main missions, and all the side quests so far), and I have a few questions, if anyone's willing to help me out.

I have a fair amount of money (I guess), but can't really see the point so far, I refashioned some armor and weapons and that's it. Is it gonna be more important? I heard that soul matching or what shouldn't bother me at the moment, is there anything else I should do with it at this point? Seems like all the good weapons and armors can be found at the missions, and I'm not sure if it's a good thing I'm saving it this much.

I also have a shit ton of weapons and armors I'm not planning to use, would it be a good choice to sell or offer them?

>and we all know how KT's pc ports end up

Some of them are good, the newer games they ported have all been good ports.

>going well
Koei Tecmo isn't gonna bring it to PC for a mere 15k signatures. If it were 1 million then it'd be something entirely else.

They never needed a petition to bring most of their games to PC.

DoA5. I think the only reason it's not coming to PC immediately is because they're still pissed off at nudes mods. Whatever. I'm holding off of buying it for my PS4 until christmas, hopefully a port gets announced by then.

Is this bait? Just from the limited beta I could alredy see the combat is better. A single kat in Nioh has more depth than any weapon in any souls game.

The last KT PC port I've played was one piece pirate warriors 3, and they fucking ported it from Vita, without even addressing the countless complaints. I'll never touch their shit on PC ever again.

That was a long time ago though, their ports got much better nowadays, Atelier Sophie is a pretty good port.

It's not bait. On the surface, Nioh's combat looks more deep than it actually is. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy it, but practically, you'll end up using one stance for each type of enemy. At that point, BB combat has a far greater moveset, even if you don't compare the total number of weapons.

I don't understand why you have to play as a filthy gaijin.

Once you unlock the teahouse, you can buy "disguises" to play as any of the male characters you meet. Even Nobunaga!

How's that Fatal Frame on PC working out for you?

Can you play as Okatsu or Fuku?

Nope, by the end of week 2 already 10 times as much people had completed bb at least once. Seems like a lot to people have given up on Nioh.

Sadly, no. Only the males.

MASAKA

Should I get this or GR2? From posts here, seems like the game's a 7/10 and not as good as a Souls game

>Nioh is easy
This new meme is pretty bad desu.

Anyone for Shima? That sucker keeps wrecking me with his living weapon. Pass = REKT

you mean you are pretty shit

git gud

Probably depends on what Sony asked for during negotiations and how well it subsequently sells; don't forget that Hayashi said that it was Koei Tecmo themselves who approached Sony over helping them publish it overseas because they felt they didn't have the money to do it justice themselves.

It's probably still better than GR. I'm just assuming though since I couldn't get into the first at all.

re7>des>bb>das1>das2>das3

Sony just published the PS4 version outside of Japan, game was still published by KT in Japan so no, Sony doesn't have a saying in it, a PC port is completely up to KT.

Am I retarded or did you rank resident evil 7 with a list of souls games?

I meant in that a timeframe or a release clause (Which are still often used in exclusivity contracts) or whatever would've been agreed during negotiations, fampai.

KT desperately needed Sony to front the money for marketing in the West, so they're not going to try rub them the wrong way, but by that same token Sony aren't going to get overtly aggressive attempt to strong arm KT with unreasonable demands and potentially lose a vauable third-party publisher.

Im comparing an unrelated game just like y'all are with Nioh

DaS3 > BB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nioh.

You know you're taking console wars too seriously when you start touting that a 6/10 game is better than a 10/10 simply because it's new.

That's just embarrassing, dude.

Anyone who says Nioh is better than Souls/Bloodborne basically never liked those games to begin with. They share few mechanics but everything else that gave Souls their appeal and uniqueness is gone.

But it's still a pretty fun game.

>two games from the same platform being compared
>console wars

what

Nioh is not unrelated though, it's level structure, design and experience system are ripped right from Souls, and level design is the most important aspect of any game

How dare you? Every game with swords and magic is souls-like and inspired by Dark Souls, so they are very related.

>implying trying to make it seem better for people who don't own a ps4 isn't a thing on Sup Forums

The storytelling felt so fucking rapid sometimes
>go through door
>hi dude just in time, I resurrected Nobunaga
>fucking gaijin fight me

Fun game but the level design is weak, only five weapon types was a mistake and most importantly the enemy variety is atrocious, seriously the combat has great mechanics but they throw the exact same enemies with the exact same movesets at you over and over again so you never need to learn or adapt or take advantage of the deeper core mechanics, I find the only time you usually do is when you do those duels at the dojo, thoseare tough

>this is what pc only fags actually believe

You're missing out, DaS3 is shit compared to BB and Nioh.

I bought a PS4 and BB because I loved DS3 on PC. I do think BB edges it out slightly but only because of the DLC. DS3 is mechanically better and has better boss designs than the BB base game.

Nioh is mediocre in comparison to Souls

This is mostly correct, plus for all the bitching about firearms people did in BB at least you can actually use them in combat, Nioh (and Souls) relegate ranged weapons to long distance cheesing, which is even worse in Nioh with headshot damage

>we all know how KT's pc ports end up.
If that ain't the truth. Toukiden was goddamn shameful.

I'm not missing out on anything. DaS3 and Bloodborne are good games, Nioh is garbage, I am not going to buy it when I can play DaS3 and BB, the best products From Software have ever produced.

DaS3 isn't complete yet, once Ringed City is out people will be able to judge it properly in relation to other Soulsborne games.

Dark Souls 3 The Fire Fades edition will have highest rating out of all From Software products.

Oh man you must be that same stupid autist from that other thread, everyone who's played the game already knows the level structure (among other things) is obviously (inferior) but reminiscent of the Souls series, you're the only one so bitter and self-deluded to deflect the comparison

I highly doubt Ringed City will be as good as TOH

>Just from the limited beta I could alredy see the combat is better. A single kat in Nioh has more depth than any weapon in any souls game.
So you don't have the full game? Because I felt the same way until I got the game, mastered every weapon's move set (because leveling the all is SO easy) and realized there was no reason to even use the more complicated mechanics or combos and I just started using the Katana's heavy combo because it made things go the fastest.

The game is deceptive in that the combat appears deep but in reality it will never put you in a situation where you have to use any advanced mechanics. You then realize you are going out of your way to do complicated combos that usually kill the enemy before they are done. It reached a peak of stupidity in the second to last boss fight or third whatever; when fighting Nobunaga I took out more than half his health with one combo. First time I actually needed the full length of a combo and it trivialized a boss fight but ending it super quick.

The game is too easy making the combat pointless.

>people who think DS3 is better than BB
Genuinely horrible taste

What makes you think that?

>unrelated
>takes numerous mechanics from it and the devs outright admitted they took them from souls games which they are a huge fan of

That idea doesn't really work when the devs themselves say they based their game on the Souls game.

We should start throwing in Onimusha and Ninja Gaiden into the rankings and comparisons and not only the Souls series.

TOH was truly exceptional, it's, like, statistically unlikely they'll make anything that cool ever again

Also the 1st DLC wasn't that great so it doesn't set an extraordinary precedent

Again, doing so just implies a different PS4 game is really good to people who don't own one. Your logic doesn't make any sense. This has nothing to do with console wars, this had to do with the bizarre hatred some people have for souls games. It has to do with the fact that these people were championing it as the Souls killer before it came out and now that it's out they don't want to admit they were wrong and that Nioh is slightly disappointing.

Onimusha and NG are nothing like the Souls games or Nioh

AoA was so short because they spend all resources on The Ringed City. 4 god tier bosses confirmed, many variety of zones and long duration confirmed. It is going to be great.

Maybe you're not that same stupid autist because that actually has some sense to it, though from what I remain of Onimusha 1 and 2 really this isn't very similar at all. Also the loot system which I liked in theory has one major drawback for me, which is that they never leave any 'significant' weapons or armor for you to find, so even though I explore every inch of a level it never ever feels rewarding because all I ever find is one of a thousand random items I'll never use, sometimes you get some locks or something useful but seriously there are so many items I don't even look at, maybe if they had little bits of lore I would be more inclined to but it really cheapens the exploration

been playing the game every day and still havent beaten it, its over twice as long as BB and not everyone is a retarded neckbeard who plays the same game all day long for a week straight

I felt DS3 was the weakest entry of the DS series but it's still better than the slapdash snooze fest that is Nioh.

But you retarded enough to play a game that reused every level at least 3 times.

Meh

>its over twice as long as BB
It really is not if you aren't shit. The difficulty means you will breeze through most of it. Sounds like you just suck at games.

I beat the game before the end of the week just playing it at night when I got home from work.

Also if you're counting sub mission for Nioh's length why aren't you counting chalice dungeons? If you don't count sub missions there is 0 doubt BB is longer and if you DO then you need to count chalice dungeons. They are pretty much the same thing, extra levels you don't need to play largely made up of reused assets and with small additions to the story.