There's a nip in the air. Cold won't be good for my Skyrim thread

There's a nip in the air. Cold won't be good for my Skyrim thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VBPwCmU0V-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not bad

Any way to make this game good?
I cant play this shit. I started on release and almost was at finish, but only because I forced myself (by then I got to a gamebreaking bug and couldnt finish anyway)
I dont want to do that journey again.
Oblivion was so much more fucking fun. From character development to quests and exploring. Even finished it.

Were the character models always this bad? Looks like something inbetween an oblivion and a skyrim character

You're not supposed to "finish" Skyrim. The main story is just another quest line.

Also, avoid fast traveling. It ruins the game if done excessively.

>get over a hundred mods
>proper load order, no bugs at all
>get about 150 hrs into the game, finally decide to head to Ivarstead for the main quest line
>fatal error every time, game crashes and save is corrupted
fuck this shit
It is a fun game to play when you have DUDE WEED though.

Yeah, Skyrim's character models, especially the faces, were terrible. In the right lighting you can see the polygons on people's noses.

I remember skyrim looking better than this, OP's pic must be on xbox settings or something

>have a main Nord Assassin guy for doing main quests and Thieves
>autistic altmer dwemerboo girl for mages guild
>strong independent Redguard woman for companions
>dick ass Breton for Dark brotherhood

Okay, what else is there to do?

Conjure bow lizard wizard

Yeah? But what would I even do? There's fuckall other questlines.

Oblivion had this same problem.

>have a craving for some medieval fantasy shit
>already played Dragon Age Origins and Dragon's Dogma to death
>always avoided Skyrim because of all the criticism that's said about recent Bethesda games
>kind of in the mood to try it
Should I?

I'd never played an elder scrolls game before this one, it's a lot of fun for a while, give it a shot

All I want is some decent medieval game where I can explore freely and shit. Also polearms.

>get over a hundred mods
>proper load order, no bugs at all
>stop playing after 30 minutes

>avoid fast traveling
Autism

If you're expecting some 10/10 fantasy masterpiece with amazing story and combat, don't even bother.
If you just want to scratch an itch for medieval role playing and exploring, it's not too bad.

Did somebody said Thieves Guild quests?

Someone is making a video game.

You are given a quest, which way would you like the best?

1:
>A gps pointing straight at direction of quest
>A map shows a large yellow area, to give you an inclination on where to look to finish quest
>A discriptive explanation on where to look, the information might be slightly wrong, and you have to use your knowledge of the world to suceed

Aren't there any mods to improve the game's combat? I was looking at tktk1's mods and they look pretty interesting

All three are awful by themselves.

If I make a game, I use 1 to point out the place you are supposed to go, 2 if the quest is outside, and 3 to give the emplacement of the quest objective.

The best would be to have the option to choose 1 2 or 3. Not everyone likes a hardcore experience but everyone likes the option to have one.

Maybe, I don't know to be honest.

youtube.com/watch?v=VBPwCmU0V-Q

every time I hear this it becomes obvious that anything aside from a nord warrior is not a correct way to play Skyrim

"Knife. Yes. Book. Yes. Bucket. Yes. Inkpot? No."

My character was a Nord Assassin who always felt insecure and inadequate because he was trained by Imperials to be stealthy and not a glorious Berserker.

He eventually reconciles with it though becase he gets to do cool shit anyway and fuck up a lot of dumb warriors.

Ultimate Combat + Combat Evolved + TK Dodge makes the combat more interesting, but at the end of the day you're still just playing skyrim combat with better AI and a dodge button.

No mods are going to fix the shit hitboxes/hurtboxes and janky ass animations.

Is it really that hard to make a mod that improves the attack animations? After having mod tools for so long, you'd think someone would step up to the challenge