ANY OF YOU FUCKERS GOING TO E3?

ANY OF YOU FUCKERS GOING TO E3?

OPEN TO THE PUBLIC FOR THE FIRST TIME.

SO FUCKING HYPE.
>TRYING OUT NEW CUTTING EDGE INDUSTRY TECH
>TALKING TO DEVS AND DIRECTIORS
>BEING ON THE GROUND FLOOR OF ALL THE NEW TRAILERS AND ANNOUNCMENTS.
>SUPRISINGLY FUCKING CHEAP.
and personally for me
>GETTING CLOSER TO MEETING HIDEO KOJIMA AND HAVING HIM SIGN MY COPY OF MGS1

YALL GOING? YALL HYPE?

kys

>E3 open to the public
It really is dying

>open to the public
For real? Not gonna lie, I get flight benefits with my job, I would definitely make a trip for that.

Got my tickets already but its mostly to hang out with a few friends that are flying cross country to go.

>$150
Holy shit that's cheaper than the price of a concert ticket. I'll probably buy one tomorrow

Yeah, google it $250 for a 3 day pass.
The "buisness' pass is like basically VIP, hella benefits.

>going to gaming expos
Pure cancer.

E3 is oldhat and merely a formality at this point.

damn, never mind, only the 250 are left

Thousand dollars is a little much

God the only thing that sucks about this is I doubt any of my friends would squelch 250 dollars to go with me.

It's all about the experience and an excuse to travel.

>Paying to go to the shithole that is E3 to watch trailers that would be on Youtube within 10 minutes

Atleast with live concerts you could actually see the artists play and with plays you could see shit that isn't prerecorded.

this, I've gone every year since 2004 since I'm a journofag and it's gotten emptier and emptier since then

All the publishers learned you can control the entire perception of a game from reveal to release by doing small, private showings where only the good boys who say nice things about your games get to see it, as well as paying off Youtube faggots to show your game off because their cancerous little fans are less likely to question their idol. E3 just serves little purpose now except for actual trade-related stuff like shilling new dev software or middleware, last year the actual AAA stuff felt dwarfed in comparision to all the mobile shit/tiny games trying to find a publisher. Most of the spectacle is gone, most of the cool shit is behind closed doors only the really good boys get to go behind and don't get to see on any of the livestreams, it's a shadow of its former glory.

Also, have fun waiting in lines for fucking hours. Good god that wait for Zelda last year.

why do they always do e3 in mexico anyways
why not in a place that actually matters? like my hometown of nyc

I live in SoCal and I don't even want to go. It's significantly more fun shitposting on Sup Forums and memeing in the livestreams than attending.

I live in Australia so no. I won't be going.

>It's all about the experience and an excuse to travel.
Queues, insufferable normies everywhere, smugness, terrible games, more queues, expensive food and drink
Ive been to an expo, it's fucking horrific. Never again.

>for the first time

Baby detected

Why would you go to E3? To waste hours in a line to play a game coming in a few months for a few minutes?

Compared to the stuff you can do at a convention, the price seems pretty high.

HAHAHAHAHAHA AUSTRALIANS BTFO AGAIN
FUCK AUSTRALIA

Who the fuck cares just what the videos online it's way comfier on your couch.

>crowded as fuck
>sweaty neckbeards and virgins everywhere

Well, at least I can see the presentations on first-person

>far as fuck from the main stage
>faggots screaming and bumping into each other
>can't see
>can't hear

Well at least I can try the new games

>wait 3 hours in a line to try
>"finally this is going to be worth it"
>play for 5 minutes
>"time's up, gtfo and let the next one play"

>mfw i wasted both time and money going to a stupid event that i could've watched live from the comfiness of my house
>mfw i brag online about it because i have no friends irl

>convention
There's another taboo word for Sup Forums. So Sup Forums officially hates cons and expos. Not surprising, easy to forget that the majority of this place is a bunch of basement dwellers that despise the public.

Lol I work in the industry so I go for free. I get an exhibitor's badge and can see everything as it's getting set up.

E3 would be awesome if the press conferences didn't exist. But they do exist, and the show floor is basically "hey, watch that trailer we showed you in the press conference" over and over.

>I clean the bathrooms at EA and bring them coffee sometimes
>I work in the industry

Everybody's glad for you, Billy.

It was always 'open' to the public. Every shitter for a school newspaper or a 100+ subscriber youtube channel could get in.

Why would you pay thousands of dollars for this? It's not like you're going to be zomgneofagindustryinsider for """leaking""" shit that is going to be released on Youtube 10 minutes after

I expect fags who's livelihood revolve around covering videogames to care about it for ad clicks but not the average faggot

>complaining about the line
>waiting in the line anyway
you are part of the problem

There's pax Australia, right? I went a few years ago and it was pathetic

1. I'm not allowed to go into LA ever again.
2. Fuck LA.
3. PAX is better and E3 is dying.

OP here.

I can see what you guys mean about why it would be shitty. Although my pals and I have enough disposable income to waste on Buisness passes, would the VIP entrances, lounge, and all the other benefits make it much more bearable.

And all the VIP shit including access to CEO and devloper panels would increase my chances of meeting kojima.

My buddies and I figure if we could each get him to sign a different copy of MGS we could sell them (they go for $5-10K on ebay) and come out with some extra cash.

meh

doubtful, a press pass is the only thing that would really be valuable

>OPEN TO THE PUBLIC FOR THE FIRST TIME.
>FIRST TIME

You must be 18 or older to use this website

$1000 actually isn't that bad for an event like that.

Watching the trainwreck with Sup Forums is the only fun thing about E3 nowadays.

I fucking wish. I was the only person in the company under 30 on the show floor and the only one who knew anything about video games. I couldn't wait in line long enough to play Zelda because I had to keep translating basic game industry terms to old men in suits who were convinced eSports will make them rich. All I fucking wanted to do was play Zelda.

>PAY ONLY 250$ TO WITNESS "OH WOW IT'S FUCKING NOTHING" IN PERSON!
>AND DON'T FORGET: LIVE CRINGING AT UBISOFT CONFERENCE

I'll be on Sup Forums shitting on every single announcement even if some of them look good

>My buddies and I figure if we could each get him to sign a different copy of MGS we could sell them (they go for $5-10K on ebay) and come out with some extra cash.

Are they actually selling, or are people just listing that crap up there for crazy prices?

I had Kojima sign my copy of Metal Gear for the NES back in 05. Pretty sure it won't go for that much.

There is currently one up for $5000

There was one signed by both Hayter and kojima that sold for $10,000 a while back.

Dunno man, probably worth atleast a $1000.

Metal gear fans are pretty die hard.

this, i live a few hours away and could go but it's still not worth it. more fun to shitpost on Sup Forums about it live.

Yeah man, I really want to see the latest Ubisoft game and Evolve 2 [/sarcasm]

I'm a huge Sony fag and even after their domination with FF7 remake and everything, I'm still convinced it'll be a shit show for everyone involved

What the fuck did you do?

Story time fucker.

>get banned from a city
>give no explanation
That isn't how this works.

He just lost all his LA privileges is all

Will Ubisoft out-cringe itself this year?
At least it's guaranteed to not be boring like the rest of E3.

>more fun to shitpost on Sup Forums about it live.
This really is it. 90% of the fun comes from tearing it apart.