Thoughts on The witcher 3 ?!

>Thoughts on The witcher 3 ?!

I recognize that it's a good game but for some reason it fails to feel unique and satisfying, i like it but it just doesn't live up to what imagined it to be.

Dark souls and Skyrim are the only 2 rpg's that really struck it with me, the only 2 released in the same year.

The witcher plays fluent combat is ok, however the normal navigation in buildings and while swiming feels akward, the world looks good but feels less rich and engaging than in say the scrolls games *skyrim.

I bought it for 20 plus expantion packs so i can't complain, it's like The witcher succeeds at most fundamental levels but seems to fall short as a title compared to titles like >Dragon's dogma, Dark souls.

>?!

Combat is the witcher 3's only shortcoming

The combat is a bit awkward at first, then it's just going through the motions once you find a rhythm that works for you.

Other than that it's top of it's class. I'd put it up there with New Vegas, as in a game that does the best it can with the combat, but shines in world building and story.

The Witcher 3 plays like Fable, it's honestly not that great of a game.

At lest it's got attractive women and some half decent mods to improve upon the experience somewhat.

go into options and switch to alternate movement mode, that helps with the movement

This makes exploration shit.
Add on the awful combat and worse-than-Skyrim character progression and you get a game that only storyfags can love.

Witcher 3 isn't bad, but definitely very overrated.

Right that's what i feel it's very story based first and foremost which is good for and rpg obviously still the rest feels flat, looks good tho

>Dark souls and Skyrim are the only 2 rpg's that really struck it with me
How nice, those are not even RPGs.

>awful combat

Nice meme

I also mentioned Dragon's dogma which also "struck it with me"

Witcher hate general?

That is some grade A cherrypicking bullshit.

comparing W3 to morrowind, a game by devs that have long since abandoned a journal like that for some compass/quest-marker/the-less-exposition-you-get-the-better.
If morrowind was made today it would be functionally indistinguishable from skyrim with even less roleplaying.

What's new?

not hate just critisism like i said it's not bad persé

yes, but you called those two RPGs, and since you liked them over witcher, it stands to reason that you simply dont like RPGs.

I agree

Roach is showing you proper squat form, fat ass.

roach is a party animal

I would agree with this. New Vegas is obviously light years ahead of Skyrim

The target demographic for skyrim is 12 year olds, whereas new Vegas is a little more mature. the target demographic for Witcher 3 is 18 year olds

However Witcher 3 has the best graphics on the market for non meme games

It has the highest production values but they only used very basic and unoriginal concepts for everything. Basically everything in the game is the highest quality cliché you can find anywhere, but ultimately it never really excites the player with real suprises other than a few unimpressive plot twists in irrelevant side quests.

Also the combat is below par and coupled with the poor balancing and retarded scaling it really gets stale quickly.

This.
Amazing animation and graphics, but it fails at the parts that matter most.

>Dragon's dogma
Bitch, are you trying to imply DRAGON'S DOGMA is better than The Witcher?

In terms of being "unique", yes.

That was patched
You cant have unlimited stamina via blizzard in 1v1 battles now
Kinda sad cause blizzard is damn near useless now

The complaints in this thread are nitpicks at best.

It is literally the best game made in the past 20 years, and I unironically believe this, and for good reason.

Witcher 3 suffers from non challenging combat :
-Mobs are the same
-They have few different atk patern, and no agro.
-Infinite stamina when dodging and attacking.
-Iframe are huge.

You will still die plenty of times on death march.

>They have few different atk patern, and no agro.
So just like in Dark Souls, and literally every game ever made. Okay, but why is it a problem specifically with Witcher?

Just turn off the minimap senpai

10 million copies sold. Can't be that bad

>Dark souls and Skyrim are the only 2 rpg's that really struck it with me

I keep forgetting Sup Forums is full of underage retards

It is universally praised, therefore must be scrutinized.

I don;t think it was a perfect game by any means, but some of the criticisms are blown way out of proportion.

The past 20 years right...

>Rhythms
not at all. It only becomes fun at level 30+ due to how retarded the leveling system is. After that though the insanity of heavy armor alchemy/Combat builds is the only point I ever felt I was having fun with the combat. Installing a mod to let me equip sign upgrades as well was the only thing that made the game feel "fun"

>Oh i'm so partician i only play jrpg's and other more artistically merit games
Clown

I only played BB. But i still remember how your average mob in the first area has more variety in his atk pattern than a "boss" in tw3.

this shit is so aggravating, i love this game and this is by far its WORST drawback

Batman vision?

not just that, the fact that you cannot interact with quest items you KNOW are for the quest you're doing until you use the batman vision to scan it, the game treats you like you're too dumb to play it,

Batman/hitman vision

>the only other rpgs besides dark souls, skyrim and witcher are jrpgs and art bullshit

how underage are you

What bothers me is that they didn't need to do that. Tw1/tw2 quest design was fine w/o it.
In fact this gameplay ruins the open world immersion since you won't give a fuck about the surrounding.

>Skyrim

Opinion discarded. Witcher 3 has its problems but holy shit are you a profound retard

>feels less rich and engaging than in say the scrolls games *skyrim.

We're getting trolled lads.

>So just like in Dark Souls, and literally every game ever made.
Not Skyrim. Enemies don't have patterns they just run at you.

I see arguments are turning into copy/paste responses
Nvm having an actual discussion let's fuckin abandon and just ignore this thread from now on

skyrim is so bland and empty the only way you could love its world is if it's the first open world game you've ever played, even ubisoft games feel more alive

ubisoft produces 90 % shit with more than half being assasins creed, the most overrated series in gaming period

that's exactly why it's so sad user, I wasn't implying I like ubisoft games.

mgsv was better

Skyrim came out before most open world Ubisoft games and has way more dungeons/side quests.

Good story everything else is shit especially the combat. STill enjoyed it though

The writing in The Witcher 3 is Dostoevsky compared to the average RPG.