ITT: lesser known things in games

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bvaw-uLgRyo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it was mentioned in Nintendo power.
People knew about it.

>121 stars
how

In Ocarina of Time, the Goron suit not only lessens the damage you take while standing in lava but also when you are standing on spikes or in poison.

I always just long jumped that.

Holy fuck.

WHA THE-

The statue can kill ghosts and thowmps too.

Nice demonstrations

you can also do this in 1-4 of Planet Robobot and get the Smash Bros ability

AK-47

Not really lesser known, but I've finished Devil May Cry a couple of times before discovering that you can get a shotgun early in the game if you smash certain table in the room where witches abmush you. I feel like a total retard to this day.

In Abe's Exoddus, you can tell if there is a secret area nearby because of the (presumably) empty soulstorm brew bottles on the screen.

Not this conspiracy bullshit again

That's how many there are.
You can then go see yoshi.

You just blew my fucking mind

it's okay when nintendo does it tho

Statue can also destroy these little spinning bastards,

Treasureship.gif
A Treasure Ship[citation needed] (also known as Coin Ship[citation needed]) is a large, flying vessel that appears in Super Mario Bros. 3. If Mario or Luigi venture onto a Treasure Ship, they will find dozens of coins that they can collect, plus an invisible blue 1-up mushroom for the NES version. Not including the ones battled at the end, there are no enemies found on the ships. However, they can still lose a life either by getting crushed by the scrolling screen, falling off the ship, or letting the timer run out. If a player dies while onboard a Treasure Ship, it reverts back to the Hammer Bro icon. The Treasure ship was inspired by the Baochuan (寶船/宝船) that were believed to exist in Ancient China.

The map of the Treasure Ship in the Super Mario All-Stars version of Super Mario Bros. 3.
Treasure Ships are summoned through a trick that must be perfomed by following a specific method:

The player must be in either Grass Land, Water Land, Sky Land or Ice Land.
A Hammer Bro must be on the map.
Mario or Luigi must finish a stage with a Coin total ending in a multiple of 11 (zero doesn't count).
The tens digit of the player's score must match the multiple of 11.
As each second left on the timer will award the player 50 points, the timer must be stopped on an even number so that the number of points received is a multiple of 100. Alternatively, an odd number will work if the score is 50 points off from the correct multiple.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bvaw-uLgRyo

Its true, but GBA emulators are pretty good at avoiding anti piracy features that you probably wont encounter this message if using an up to date emulator

that made me thrust my head forward

I'm 95% sure this is a hoax

the waffles

you just changed the fucking game
you justchanged fucking everything