Am I the only one who sees the writing on the wall for the Switch...

Am I the only one who sees the writing on the wall for the Switch? I can't be the only one who thinks this is gonna flop.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/f5uik5fgIaI?t=22s
youtube.com/watch?v=gUEhQ65FOJ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People said the same about the Wii. Do you want it to fail?

Of course Nintendo ain't going out of style anytime soon. The company can afford to fuck up for decades and they'll still be around.

I hate the paid online
I hate the battery life
I hate how weak it is
I hate how meager the game lineup is
I hate the price of the controllers

You're not the only one, everyone on Sup Forums thinks so as well. Sup Forums is never wrong, you know.

People said the same about the Wii u. They were right.

Yes. You're the only one. Everyone else on Sup Forums loves it and can't wait for Nintendo to succeed.

You're the only one who thinks it's bad.

The only one.

This. Although a huge majority of Nintendo fan boys will say this okay and that other companies have doing doing this for a decade, I just with Nintendo wouldn't do this.

Fuck, I can't help but think this will seriously bite Nintendo in the ass.

This tired old meme.
Nintendo isn't Apple. If this fucks up like the 3ds and Wii u then Nintendo will not make another console because their share price will crash.

In what world did he 3DS fuck up?

It's going to be the Wii U 2. A tablet for Nintendo games and maybe a few multiplayer to start off.

Multiplats I mean

Why does Sup Forums want everything to be Tortanic now? Literally everything is going to fail or be a huge flop to them.

Just fuck off. It's already got a larger attachment rate than Wii U.

>3ds
>fucks up
3DS sells more than PS4 and XBone combined

>If this fucks up like the 3ds

Nintendo has released 12 consoles and two have flopped.

I don't think we have to worry about Switch.

Except the 3ds turned out to be a success in the long run.

Yes. People just want shitpost fuel.

But the Wii did flop.
Motion controls were a fad that people thought was cool then realized was just annoying waggle.

Nintendogs say it's gonna sell out near launch and around black friday and that's true but lifetime sales will probably still be

It fell way way short of profit expectations. Selling 50 million units doesn't mean shit if you are selling them at smaller than usual margins which Nintendo was forced to do through most of the 3ds life cycle.

Nintendo platforms are still a thin because of sheer fanboyism. As long as nintendo fanboys are alive they'll stay in business and sell enough.

>Selling 50 million units doesn't mean shit

Nah, pretty sure they're still a thing because people like good games. There's a reason Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto sell 10 million on PS4 while the PS4's actual games sell like 2 million, and the Nintendo games sell 5-10 million units.

>As long as nintendo fanboys are alive they'll stay in business and sell enough.

That was not true of the Wii U. The system sucked. The games were great.

It's going to do slightly better than the wiiu but still flop

It's not going to flop.
Keep this shit up though, you're just going to embarrass yourselves even more.

>There's a reason Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto sell 10 million on PS4 while the PS4's actual games sell like 2 million, and the Nintendo games sell 5-10 million units

Yes. The reason is no third party support on the WIi U. Just from a logical standpoint, what the fuck are you going to do when you buy a Wii U? Play fucking nintendo games because that's all it has. What are you going to do when you buy a PS4? Play whatever the fuck you want because it gets all third party games ontop of sony exclusives which are in most case niche games like gravity rush or yakuza.

At full production, they can manage something like 160k units a week, or 4 units per store per week. This usually isn't a problem outside of launch and holidays and is more profitable than the warehouse fees that they would otherwise deal with.

>embarrassment
>anonymous image board

I don't know how to tell you this but

There will be dozens of screencaps posted of all the stupid fucking idiots saying this will sell worse than the Wii U, or just as well, or will flop horribly, or that Nintendo is over.

You're not the only one, but I don't agree.

It's going to be more successful than the Wii U already. I mean, it's got the biggest marketing push behind it since the Wii.
>a super bowl commercial
>actual media coverage
>youtubers talking about it left and right (you may not like that it happens, but it's gonna boost sales)
>a name that isn't stupid and incredibly confusing, leading people to not even know that a new system exists
>people won't stop talking about how the preorders are all sold out

Plus, it's got Zelda. Since the Wii U didn't sell too much, I can easily see BoTW pulling more Switch units than Wii U units by the end of the year, at least. And when Odyssey comes out with an inevitable system pack-in, I think the Switch is going to recoup whatever iffy numbers it pulls over the spring/summer during holiday once all the die-hards get their units.

This is all despite the concerns people (myself included) have with the system:
>paid online
>less than stellar battery life
>pricey accessories

Normies don't care. At least 70% of people who will own a Switch won't care that they can only play for 3 hours without charging - I mean, people plug their phones in on a daily basis these days. Now they can charge their Nintendo handheld with the same cable they charge everything else with. The PS4 has been pulling the best numbers of the generation (except maybe the 3DS) despite being the first Sony console with paid online. 90% of people who own a Switch won't really need a Pro controller.

Their share price is proof champ. It was a flatline for years until pokemon go. Nintendo recorded big losses for three years and it wasn't simply due to the Wii u failure. The 3ds only became profitable right at the end of it's lifetime. This kills the Nintendo as they want big profits from day one until day end like in the good old days. That's why they're attempting to flog a tablet with at most $150 worth of parts for $300 this time around.

>what the fuck are you going to do when you buy a Wii U

Your logic is flawed.

I've got 10 people bidding for my 2 Switch preorders. Doesn't seem like that much of a flop senpai.

The more I hear about the Switch, the more it looks like it's going to be a PS Vita 2.0

>Launch window is mostly ports
>Overexpensive accessories
>Weak western developer support
>Poor battery life
>Need to buy a expensive micro SD card if you want to hold more than 10 games on it
>$300 for the device itself is too expensive considering that it's lacking features cheap chink tablets include

paid online, voicechat/lobbies can only be done through a smartphone, no internet browser, and scalpers scalping the fuck outta the console is just the cherry on a shit sunday.

I don't feel like this is going to fail.

I hate it though, I could have Zelda for the PS4 (or even the PC) but because of corporate wars I'm going to miss that game. Why do they insist on making new consoles that do the same as the rest? Fuck this shit I am salty.

paid online was never ok

NINTENDO IS OVER!!! IT'S DOOMED!!!

S-SHARE PRICES!!1

M-MUH MONEY

Uh oh.

Doesn't change the fact that unless you wear a trip there are no strings attached to any statement that anyone makes.

The people you're pointing out could easily be false flagging or shit posting for the fun of it

Am I the only one who thinks OP is a fag? I can't be the only one who thinks he will sick 10 dicks tonight.

>The wii flopped
Just kill your self how can you be so dumb.

It flopped by being one of the highest grossing consoles of all time?

>Wii did flop
The hoops you have to jump through to make that statement even make sense is sad
>Motion controls were a fad
So were controllers without analog sticks
MS did motion control and so did Sony. Just because it flopped on their platforms doesn't mean it flopped with Nintendo. Had it flopped the switch wouldn't have advanced waggle.
Arms looks pretty fun but I wouldn't play it without waggle. Plus games like 1 2 switch wouldn't be possible wihout it.
Waggle isnt a fad now.

You know what Nintendo has been doing with their meagre profits ? Buying back shares to prevent a collapse. Their liquid assets halved since 2010. All that money made on the Wii has been pissed away. They're well and truly on the ropes. Another failure here and they'll tap out of the console game.

Hope it flops hard so Nintendo pulls a Sega and just makes games instead of forcing people to buy their shitty hardware.

No one ever says that about any other system. Sad.

True, the 110 year old company is on it's way out now.

Am I the only one who remembers 2006? Most people were hyped as shit for the Wii. The normies I know think the Switch is overpriced and I do too. I only see it succeeding if it has a major price cut like the 3DS.

I don't want it to fail, but only because I don't want a 3DS successor. Anything but the 3DS!

Most normies are hyped as shit for the Switch.

>have one pre-ordered
>Couple games I really want to play
>actually getting less hype by the day

I really don't understand

A 3ds successor would just be a rebranded switch with absolutely no changes and a lower price tag.

> 110 year old companies don't go bust.

For the first couple weeks or so after pre ordering I started considering dropping my pre order and buying a ps4 instead
But then as time went on and I binged fuck tons of videos I just got more and more hyped
Currently I'm at peak hype, now that the unboxing and ui leaks have set in in my head I just can't wait
I want Zelda so bad. I've got all the accessories I need pre ordered. It's gonna be like Christmas in March.

At first I considered buying the Switch day one with Breath of the Wild and Issac. Literally a few days later I learned that Issac is no longer a launch title, I'm also contemplating whether or not buying a console for three games (Mario, Zelda, and Issac) is worth it. I thought about buying it on Wii U, but now I just might pirate it instead.

I still want a Switch for Mario, but fuck is that it. I don't give a fuck about ARMS, or 1 2 Switch, Bomberman is a no, and I'll pass on Spl2n and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. These game will defiantly have an audience, but I couldn't care less for them.

>Hope it flops hard so Nintendo just makes games

I'd rather their IPs get liquidated. I mean shit, that's all they're worth. I can't think of a single game in existence, Nintendo IP or otherwise, that I would want EAD/EPD developing. Most developers in today's market on Nintendo's budget could make a better Mario, LoZ, Star Fox, etc...

I'm more anxious to see the Second-Party developers get on with their lives.

Is okay for nintendrones because is cheaper compared to Sony or Microcunt. Proof? Literelly check any video about the switch whete they mention anything about paid online and see the comments

How about not buying anything, waiting for switch to lower price and get more games and just pirate on pc using CemU

Seriously though, we can't let Nintendo have the nuclear codes

several other people have downs, you're not alone

Am I the only one who thinks the screen will get scratched when you slide it in the dock like that? i mean it looks so ghetto, sliding your screen down a millimetre away from a hard plastic dock

>I can't be the only one who thinks this is gonna flop.

Are we destined to suffer through mobile freemium shit forever?

I'm buying it. Didn't get Wii U but definitely giving this one a try

Maybe if you're a retard.

I hope Microsoft does it too after they shot themselves in the foot with the Xbox 1 launch

>zelda

Why not just buy a wii u cheap used and play zelda that way?

if you're buying a 300 dollar system just for zelda you deserve to go bankrupt

Right, buy a 200 dollar dead system.

Wait until year 2 you dumb shit

The only thing that determines a console's sales is marketing. That's it. Look at the PS4

And so far they're doing a much better job at marketing the Switch than the Wii U. Heck, it got a super bowl commercial. That alone is enough to push it past Wii U sales

USED

Better than a $300 dead system

Emulation my friend

Sega Saturn.

b& and v&

its 200 used.

Emulating games is like not even playing them. It's just fucking around in a broken/buggy mess of a game that's not like the original.

I have a wii u
But its dead and the switch is new. It'll have a new library. Thats what I want. Are you too stupid to understand that maybe people want a system on launch for a launch title AND for future titles?
>J-Just buy a gamecube not a wii if you want Twilight Princess the wii wont get any worthwhile games
>30 10/10 games later...

All pre-orders are sold and they still haven't met with demand.

There is more hype for just one Zelda game than everything on ps4.

You're just a bitter and scared Sonygger, afraid of the new Nintendo console.

Not only will the switch outsell the ps4, it'll do it in less time that it took for the ps4 to get as far as it did.

Your time is over, Sonygger.
Enjoy sitting at 3rd place again.

Nobody cared about the vita. Ever.

>30 10/10 titles later

Name 10.

>OVER 80 TITLES IN DEVELOPMENT BUT WE CAN'T NAME THEM RIGHT NOW

10/10 games later...
name 30 10/10 wii u games bruh

>mainline mario game that isn't in the galaxy series coming up
>starts with a full zelda game
>likely new mario kart, smash bros and pokemon
Thats usually enough for people to buy it. Sony ponies can't fathom it because sony has no beloved IPs. Its going to be fine because it isn't looked down upon as much as the shitty Wii gimmick shit. I don't want to need to buy a pro controller, wii motes and other gimmick horse shit. That is why the Wii U failed hard.

It has gorilla glass. In case you don't understand how materials work, you can't scratch a harder surface with a softer surface. Hint: the dock is plastic.

>didn't fall for the Wii U
>anything that gets ported over will be the definitive and best version
>you'll only ever have to buy them once
>3DS quality library with basically Wii U+ graphics

I'm stoked.

minecraft in bed also sounds cozy as fuck

Wii U had all of those and still flopped

And the switch has the exact same gimmicks, except more expensive

Cant you already do that with a tablet?

Not the wii u, the wii
>Nmh 1/2
>Smg 1/2
>Nsmbw
>Dong country
>Zelda TP
>brawl
>kirbys yarn
>mk wii
>xenoblade
>the last story
>Wario land
>Super Paper Mario (inb4 paper mario 64 diehards go "I-ITS DIFFERENT WTF I HATE THIS)
All off the top of my head. The wii, just like the ps2, has a huge library of at least 8/10 games underneath the shovelware.
And I didn't literally mean 30 10/10s, but at least good games, obviously.

The only thing that bites is that the controls are on the side. The 3DS, aside from being top-heavy, was a perfect design for resting it on yer belly.

Odds are there will be an $80 adaptor to put the Wii Cons on the bottom.

>didn't literally mean 10/10, but at least good games

Well at least you clarified it. Hell, the most time I spent on my Wii was in Wii Golf and that Tanks minigame in Wii Play.

Wii U had a better library for my own taste.

Wow, nice. No gamepad, no hookups. Literally cant use it.

I always wonder why people didn't enjoy the wii. Out of that list does anything appeal?
I have a tougher time finding anything worthwhile on the wii u honestly. I've played splatoon, pikmin 3, and mario maker and besides that nothing else feels worth it. I played a bit of sm3dworld but didn't care for it.
And with sm4sh I enjoyed the 3ds version more because portability and my tv at the time it released was shit

yeah you can
if you rub sandpaper or a green dish scrubber against marble you'll scratch it, are you telling me sand and fabric is harder than marble?

Quick question switch-bros.
Do you like the old *SNAP*
youtu.be/f5uik5fgIaI?t=22s
or the finalized *snap*
youtube.com/watch?v=gUEhQ65FOJ8

Those are designed to scratch. The dock isn't.

Nintendo games on other consoles would be a disaster, but I don't see how Nintendo games on PC is a bad thing.

yeah of course it's not INTENDED to scratch but that doesn't mean it WON'T

we're talking about a company that used a clamshell design widespread in phones for over a decade, and even that managed to scratch the inner screens

>has to constantly refer the Wii, release almost 10 years ago
>makes sure to avoid the total recent failure of the Wii U.

That's because the 3ds screen isn't scratch resistant and plastic protruded from the bottom.