Aria of Sorrow is literally the only good Castlevania game released after Symphony of the Night

>Aria of Sorrow is literally the only good Castlevania game released after Symphony of the Night

Defend this.

How could Konami fuck up so badly after the success of SotN? It was almost like SotN was just a lucky shot.

>I didn't play Harmony of Despair

CotM, OoE and The Adventure ReBirth are all great. It's unfortunate that you're unable to appreciate that.

>CotM
>great

Yeah, too bad they included two movement speeds in this game: slow as shit and fast as fuck. Not to mention double tapping for run, which makes your fingers start to hurt in just a few minutes.

Portrait of Ruin basically perfected the soul system that AoS introduced.

Also I would argue that all of the GBA / DS titles are good, with their own strengths.

>double tapping makes your fingers star to hurt in just a few mins

jesus christ user, how beta are your fingers?

>The Adventure ReBirth
>Konami will NEVER rerelease Rebirth
I'd honestly pay for it too. Oh well. At least I could emulate it I suppose.

> Not to mention double tapping for run, which makes your fingers start to hurt in just a few minutes.

I never understood this meme

The worst thing about CotM was how fucking dark it was. Its a minor issue now but at the GBA's launch it was very difficult to see.

dawn of sorrow was the only gba/ds era castlevania i disliked

is the librarian gibing the middle finger lmao

>he didn't play Adventure ReBirth

I like CoM, OoE, AoS and DoS all better than SotN.

I can still respect your opinion.

Aria of Sorrow is overrated as fuck.

>Too short
>Too easy
>Souls are just an excuse to force grinding
>Level design is boring

Dawn, Portrait and Ecclesia were still pretty good.

None of the metroidvanias are that long if you don't stop to grind.

But at least playing CotM now on anything other than an original GBA makes it look just fine and it's colour scheme was perfectly fine, if a little on the darker side. Whereas HoD's attempt to compensate for the GBA's screen made the colour scheme an absolute eyesore, both at the time and especially now.

CHARLOTTE

Circle of the Moon tried to be SotN but on a lesser scale.
Harmony of Dissonance tried to be SotN but on a lesser scale.
Aria of Sorrow tried to be SotN but added something new, the souls system.
Dawn of Sorrow refined on Aria of Sorrow.
Portrait of Ruin tried to be SotN but with a character swap feature, which didn't add much.
Order of Ecclesia tried to refine the soul system from the Sorrow games but didn't get it right.

And after that, they decided to drop all previous Castlevania games and try turning it into God of War.

>And after that, they decided to drop all previous Castlevania games and try turning it into God of War.

they actually tried turning it into a God of war/Metal gear solid shitfest that made them bankrupt

Thoughts on the upcoming Netflix show?

hope its good so they made more vidya instead of pachinkos

Symphony of the Night is good but it's also overrated as fuck.

All of the GBA and DS games are as good or better than SotN, with only Harmony of Dissonance being a bit subpar because of it's lack of ideas and shit music.

Worst Castlekino EVER

more like Harmony of Despair was the only bad 2d Castlevania released after SOTN

>Souls are just an excuse to force grinding
It adds replay value, the metroidvania level design means you might end up fighting the same monsters multiple times through the castle, which changes the kinds of souls you will get on each playtrough

If you are aiming for the chaos ring you can always rely on luck increasing items anyways

I don't have to, because your shit-stuffed body is bursting at the seams. Most of the ones that came after are decent to good. Mileage varies on OoT, but it holds its own even after Sup Forums's waifu fags are shown the door, and dissonance was ok if you were willing to disbelieve it wasn't an NES game. The others were pretty solid.

The only legitimatly bad ones are the LoS games, and even those have a few people who seem to have gotten a good time out of the first(or are filthy liars, but who knows around here.)

OoE not OoT. Too many zelda shitposters.

It's definately good, but way overrated.

Music is so so, almost all bosses in the beginning half are boring easy big guys, most souls are garbage, switching between utility souls hassle etc. Dawn of sorrow took the same game and made it godlike

I generally found all the GBA titles to be mediocre.
>AoS was too easy, the soul system was pretty lack luster compared to Dawn, and the map sucked pretty bad, just average and nothing much else to it
>HoD tried to pull SotN's double castle gimmick in a new way and fucked up because of annoying map design (power-up doors at the END of long strips of rooms instead of the start, for example), was really annoying to play because of the map but I grew a bit of a bittersweet enjoyment out of it; good idea but poor execution
>CotM had a good map, probably best of the GBA CVs, but the stupid difficulty made it less enjoyable than it could have been, and the fact that I sequence broke and finished the sewers before getting the cleansing stone really left a bad impression on me; probably helps if you get lucky and get good cards but mine were generally mediocre IIRC
Maybe it's cause I played SotN and the DS titles first and lack any nostalgia for the games, but they just don't quite hold up as well. Still fun, but I don't think I'll ever go back to play them again. The DS games hold up a lot better, and I actually just beat Dawn again today.