Gantz

This has huge ass potential for a vidya, why did no one cash in on it?

Because in order to be playable they would either
1. Have to take a ton of their own liberties with the franchise's story (which would make it suck and not canon) or
2. Get the involvement of the mangaka (who isn't interested)

I'm thinking about a multiplayer co-op game where you just blast some ridiculously designed and hella OP monsters.
Btw that Lara Croft chick still gave me a boner.

the story doesn't matter, the gory blowing shit out of broken alien bosses with a team would be fun as fuck

Gantz is only still around and not forgotten because of the story. Ignoring it would be an enormous waste.

all they would have to do is just make an action game based on one of the other teams. it doesn't have to be osaka team, either. tae sucks

>not forgotten because of the story

nope, just it's premise and the fact that it has aliens, sex, gore and the art was good

People remember how the story turned to shit after osaka arc anyways

>Gantz is only still around and not forgotten because of the story.
Pls, reading Gantz for plot is like admiring Mona Lisa for hot packed action.

just play the ps2 game man.

agree. it was more about fighting aliums and reika

What story? The vampires? The mega aliens?

The ending was so awful and retarded it was actually kind of mind blowing.

NOW LISTEN YO

Theres already vidya of it since the fucking PS2 time.
Seeing as a new movie just came out theres a possibility another game is made.
But as everything else good in the world it will never happen.

>which would make it suck and not canon
You are asuming the story doesn't suck

Jumping about in the powersuit in city blocks and blowing up aliens would be some hype shit

Who would you main in a Gantz vidya, Sup Forums?

nigga no
it had an interesting premise, but the story is absolute dogshit after they try to explain shit and keep introducing new nonsense
it's not forgotten because, as another user said, the art is great and it has a lot of gore and sex, and the weird setting just adds to that, but the story itself is trash

Freedom Wars is pretty Gantz like in setting

Muscle riders adopted son of course

Reika

REIKA

nah, gantz world was normal for a large amount of time while the alien hunts was a night only hunt that people couldn't see

freedom wars was some post Apocalypse shit

Gantz is only still around and not forgotten because it's still getting new shit, Gantz O was released fairly recently and Gantz G is an ongoing series

How the kid died in the first place was really fucked up and bothered me more than anything else in Gantz

>(who isn't interested)

he's doing a re-imagining of gantz right now

anyone else hate that short-haired cunt? she should have given herself to kurono as soon as she walked in his apartment. i'm glad she fucking died

Old man. He's the ultimate bro. Nigga had Kei's back every step of the way

Because you dont need to license an IP to have generic jump suit soldiers fighting generic big monsters

Still better that _Tae_.

I always wanted a game to be made with inspiration from Gantz.

One mode would have players spawning into a random lobby and that would be your team--through thick and thin. Someone dies, they get replaced. You get sent on missions fighting aliums. It's somewhat RNG so you may have to choose just to simply survive if you get faced with way higher level shit.

There would be a co-op that you could do with friends, but not as many bonuses.

That sounds nice but it's a shame such experimentation in game design would never be allowed near a licensed IP or just in general.

>that mission where she became the target just to spite kurono

oh, actually, fuck that cunt, too. you just want to smack her for whatever reason

Because it wasn't big enough to warrant a good game

It did get a shitty on the PS2 though I think

Also fuck you for reminding me about that garbage, it's been like half a decade and I'm still mad at how it went from pretty solid to complete and utter shit immediately in the last arc

What pisses me off is that the only reason for her inclusion in the plot is purely because of a silly dumb bet.

isnt half the point of gantz the silliness

what bet?

gantz was pretty srs, if anything, but i'd say "over the top" instead of "silly"

There are good silliness and bad silliness.
Then there are retarded silliness, she's in this category.
The one he make with his classmates about dating a random ugly bitch. Whom he ended up getting attached with.

oh, i see. i thought the author had lost a bet and had to work her in

The gantz videogame on ps2 wasn't bad but it hasn't aged well