What went wrong?

What went wrong?

They split one game into 4 parts and charged a full 60 dollars per part. Each part is only like 6-10 hours long. Shit wasn't worth it at all. Fuck them jews.

$49.99 per episode.
While each episode only allowed certain characters to be playable.
Once you traded a certain amount of junk items in town for the best weapons available, there was no need for endgame.

The sequel made minor improvements, but suffered from the same exact flaws. The series is a cash scam.

Taking the series to a dying handheld while severely downgrading the gameplay and excessive milking of Kite's design.

>wrong

This much implying.

These, unfortunately.

nothing, it was one of the best JRPG series on PS2

too much grinding

The main problem with this game I found was that the gameplay was far too monotonous. Combat can be simplified to only casting 3 spells (atk+ def+ and mag+) and proceed to waltz through any dungeon. The dungeons and field maps rarely change. The enemy design in the game was really neat though, I thought. The only tough parts were the wave bosses, but...

Once I learned that the wave bosses are all the same I stopped playing it.

That aside, the story is alright for a game of its time but it left something to desire. It's not a game I'd recommend personally and I'm big into jrpg.

Nothing. Everything was wrong from the very beginning.

A lot, but fortunately its sequel fixed everything.

Nothing went wrong except for the price tags.

Link being PSP only and also not very good
2 shitty mobile games that went absolutely nowhere
No PS3/4 HD collection for IMOQ and GU

Gameplay got stale pretty fast.

The one on the PSP is literally cyber baseball sim, so fucking stupid.

CC2
Fuck CC2

And then, unfortunately, the sequel to that ruined everything.

Didn't release a PS3 remaster

GU doesn't have as good atmosphere

It wasnt an MMO

they never made a VR MMO.

Can you imagine how much of a microtransaction cash cow this shit would be now if it were released current gen?

>THE WORLD: MMO
>$17.99 sub fee
>$10 weapon skins
>$30 grunty armor
>$5/month access to Grunty Paradise, the only place to find Grunty food
>$1 gachapon coins for a chance at a cool mount/pet/armor skin

Press X to win. So much wasted potential. Level generation system could be very good.

Nothing went wrong, everyone loves .hack.
Can't wait for VR to progress so we can get a real The World.

>press X to win
>when getting up close to enemies is extremely dangerous
I spent most of the time running around keeping a distance from enemies just using magic when available. The melee combat is pretty bad so its not something you'd want to do anyways

I was referring mainly to G.U and the shitty link. The first ones are also easy though, spamming items and magic from menu.

SHUT

>implying

GU was fucking awesome back then, music was great, gameplay was ok but rengekis were satisfying as hell to pull off and hear. Haseo being an ass was refreshing to some degree. That meltdown over Atoli was pretty great.

That ending music to cubia's death with all the flashbacks still makes me so goddamn nostalgic.

But real question here. What did GU stand for?

Should've trimmed the fat and made it two games max.

>What went wrong?
The actual MMO was PS2 and Japan only and based off the original series, not the improved sequel.
A multi-platform, GU-based MMO would've been great.

>lets make a single player mmo

Gay Users

honestly the mmo is just quarantine with selectable characters and the ability to play with 2 other people. its not really a mmo like pso, its dot hack with netplay.