The Nintendo Switch's UI renders at 720p in TV mode

>This flags a surprising design choice from Nintendo. The Switch outputs at a maximum of 1080p, with options for 720p and 480p in there too. However, even while docked to a TV, the UI still renders at 720p. When connected to a screen, all the graphics, text, and even the Mii Maker app upscale from 720p to whatever resolution you have set as your output. That's really quite a shame. For the sake of keeping things simple, Switch's front-end seems to keep the native 720p layout used in portable mode, all of which means a less clear image on 1080p or 4K sets. In fact, 4K users will go through two sets of resizing - an internal upscale to 1080p, then the display's bump to ultra HD.

HOW FUCKING LAZY can Nintendo be? They literally did nothing with the WiiU for 4 years. They literally held Zelda hostage for 2 years. What the FUCK have they been doing all these years? Making marketing deals and hiring a bunch of lawyers? Because they sure as hell aint working on their fucking games and gaming hardware.

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-nintendo-switch-review
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice source, buddo.

>he reads eurogamer
how to spot a sonygger 101.

JUST

lol JUST haha it's just like my favorite mayme JUST FUCK ME UP haha great image my friend!

>waaaah s-say it isnt true Nintendo-sama!!

SHUT U PS ITISDFINE IT DOESNT EVEN MATTER ITS JUST A UI FUCK OFF SONYGGER GO PLAY YOUR SHIT YOU CUKCSK

Wew, someone got triggered.

>nintendrones WILL defend this

Actually wait I will defend this.

You see, the switch is not a real console, its just a nintendo tablet you can hook up in your TV, so of course every single aspect of it will be shit and laughable

>w-wahoo...

lol I love this meme too the funny thing about this one is that it is Mario and he is fucked because of the Switch and the bad reviews it is getting lol that is pretty funny

]they'll patch it
they wont patch it

>720p stretched to 4k

this is one hell of an exaggerated reaction for a fucking menu. Sup Forums never ceases to amaze me

no it isn't

they can't even get basic shit right

which is what makes this baffling

lol

>something as basic as a ui
>lazily just stretch out the shitty assets from 720p for your 1080p function
>somehow it still uses 12GB of your 32GB storage

literally what is nintendo doing?

So what it still looks great

how else will I get my reddit screencaps for r/Sup Forums
look mom console wars are exactly like they used to be years ago
haha 599 dollars

Its a sign of the worst to come its not a good look at all. Its like someone coming to a job interview with dirty clothes. It doesn't necessarily mean they will do a bad job but would you really trust that candidate or have them be a first pick? Impressions count and this is a bad one for Nintendo.

How mad you are right now, nintendildo?

Nintendo just fuck my butt

>make a big-ass portable that's too big to take anywhere, with tech too strong for a reasonable battery life
>then try to make it into a console with all the shortcomings of portable tech
>clearly outline the shortcomings of the console hybrid in all PR, then announce that a true portable successor is in the works

I sincerely don't understand what's happening

Running their company into the ground. Genuinely surprised they're getting away with it now, all these decent franchises being held hostage by a bunch of tech-illiterate retards.

they'll patch

Let's a go! Wahoo! *joycon unsynchs and falls on floor*

>Switch
>big
pick 1 (one)

they're just overcompensating due to zelda being game of the decade

That's stupid, but may be changed later with the patch.

I'm getting a Switch because I like Nintendo games, but I really don't see the reasoning behind that. Kind of like in Mario Kart 8 when the ending movie no matter what resolution you were in was in 480p.

Nintendo usually have amazing menus, this is odd.

Not a deal breaker for me, I mean I still frequently play 360 games and retro consoles on my CRT, but I like pretty menus so it's a shame.

Not gonna defend nintendo but console OS takes too much fucking space in general why the fuck??

>Need 160GB just to install the PS4 OS
>Meanwhile Windows which is the most bloated OS in history using old code since Windows 95 only takes 20GB maximum.

I pick big.

The patch you're getting is an artificial one. Because you've lost all your hair Nintencucks

>Every media outlet that discredits nintendo is sonygger propaganda

Why? What could possibly be gained from this?

>Nintendo usually have amazing menus, this is odd.

Wii: HAHAHA

DS: what the fuck is this restart shit?

DSi: HAHAHA

3DS: outdated as fuck

Wii U: HAHA

Switch: you have five buttons you can press, that'll be 10GBs of your storage

That's Last of Us.

Thats why they shat on HZD

>with tech too old for a reasonable battery life
Fixed. It's 6 year old Tegra X1 shit.

I'm so glad I'm waiting a few months to buy the Switch, so they can fix any problems and add VC and shit

digital foundry = eurogamer?

fuck off poneyfag

> and add VC and shit
user i have bad news for you...

the voice chat will only be a phone app that you... connect to your switch which... then connects back to your phone and then sends the audio back to the swicth,... or something...

i dont think even nintendo knows how it works yet

>they actually fell for the 1080p and 4k meme

kys desu

also

give me a single example of a 4k console game that isn't casual trash.

nice implication retard
the last good console was DS
the switch looks like some abortion between a snes controller and a chink tablet

>That's stupid, but may be changed later with the patch.
i sincerely hope this is bait you brain dead drone

everyone's been shitting on it, the only people praising it are pure graphicsfags, as the gameplay is atrocious.

>my $100 phone can display 1080p natively yet the $300 Switch can't

what went so wrong ?

I meant virtual console but alright

>720p stretched to 4k

Yea thats why it got 88.
Eurogamer are the most neutral journalist in gaming anyway.

It's ok. I know you're upset. It'll be ok.

Nintendo doesn't know mobile phones exist.

Because they are storage hoags you can't do shit because of them policies of eating as much space as possible.

>sonyggers believe this

It's not really exaggerated. You should've seen my face when I turned the Wii on for the first time. I genuinely thought there was something wrong with either the system or the tv.

Horizon the goty of 2017

AHAHAHAHA SONY PPONIES OUT IN FULL DAMAGE CONTROL MODE IN FULL FORCE

In about a day thr game of the fucking decade will release anf all these stupid 6.7 newfag memespouting will get BTFO BY THE 10/10s from BOTW. you can laugh about hardware all you want but what matters is GAMES and this game is already being hailed as a masterpiece by reviewers. You sonuggers are so desperate its so sad AND SO FUCKING SCARED YOU'RE TREMBLING YOU'RE CRYING AND SCREAMING

YOU'RE HELPLESS TO STOP FATE, WHICH IS GETTING BTFO BY BOTW SO GET YOUR NOOSES READY KEKS

>3DS
>Amazing menu

>Wii U
>Amazing menu

>Wii
>Amazing menu

h-heh amazing!

HOW DARE ANYONE INSULT MY $300 LEAPFROG TABLET WITH NO GAMES?????

if it's the same resolution then it will mean faster switching times on and off the dock. It's also in their best interest for the base UI to be as computationally efficient as possible to minimize overhead, as it's presumably accessible and running at all times.

kys, i play on pc

I said no casual games

NO NON ON ON ON ON ONO N ON ON ON
DON'T INSULT ININIDNENTEDO YOU FUCKER

I'M WITH U BRO, CANT WAIT TO PLAY ZELDA AT SILKY SMOOTH 900p 20fps ON LAUNCH DAY :)))))

>ellipses faggotry
Stop

sure is gonna be silent here without you nintenpoopies

fuck off marketer. i hate nintendo as much as anyone but horizon is literally worse.

Damn you have some fucking issues buddy, try and work them out.

Horizon is worse than what? A company? That's deep man..

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA
EL JUSTO

b-but it would cost 1 dollar more

b-but it would mean 10 minutes less battery life

real reason is that it's weak as shit and games couldn't run at 1080p so they don't bother just because some 2D indie could run at 1080p

So what you're saying is, a bad game on a good console is more worthy of the GOTY award than a good game on a bad console? Newsflash, a bad game being on a good console doesn't magically make the game good.

SIX

gucci-guy, is that you?

it's not like you stick to the menu, only the wii menu with it's music is awesome

What phone do you have?

POINT

why would you even play any console but the pro and scorpio on a 4k tv?

I don't care.

I don't care that it doesn't come with a browser, I have a fucking phone and PC for that.
I don't care that it doesn't come with VC, I bought a NEW console to play NEW games.
I don't care that it doesn't come with a play log, I just want to play games.
I don't care that the battery is "only" 2-3 hours in handheld, I have a charger with me.

I don't care about 3 people with joy-con issues out of thousands of reviewers just because they are intentionally 1) blocking the signal and 2) sitting 15feet away, I don't plan to hide mine behind my back while I play or sit in five rooms away from the actual console.

Listen Sup Forums, there's nothing you or your shitty agenda can do about this train. Next friday this time I'm sitting at home enjoying a new fucking zelda game while you will STILL be here shitposting about some new drama bullshit.

My Xperia Z3 can

sony always wins baby

>I-I n-n-need 1080p for my menu that I'll be clicking through as fast as possible and paying literally no attention to

kek

I'll be enjoying it, too. On the Wii U.

hey I got to stare something on my Switch while waiting for games to exist for it

>200 dollar phone can do 1080p
>it's got a snapdragon 801
snort
sony always wins
snort

Come back and tell us when you beat that also on the wii u game

B-but muh Xenosaga 2, muh Bomberman

>a '200' dollar phone has better specs than a 350 dollar 'console'

>inb4 its not a console its a handheld

does mario even count though? they literally just dropped mario into vice city and gave his hat eyeballs. the game is going to be trash.

The Switch is pretty much a non-console.

BREAKING NEWS: The Switch hardware is shit.

Tell me something I didn't already know, famalam.

More like they put Mario into Sonic 06. Fucking shit this is a blunder.

shield tablet:
>1200p
>Tegra K1
>2GB RAM
>20Wh battery
>16GB storage

200 bucks

thoughts?

>Eurogamer

What a shitpost of a thread

Having fun talking to yourself?

Switch:
>720p
>Tegra X1 except worse
>4GB RAM
>16Wh battery
>32GB storage

299 bucks

thoughts?

>NO NO NO NO NO STOP FUCKING MAKING FUN OF MY LEAPFROG TABLET AND MY MARIO 06 WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

That's a yes, then.