The absolute truth

The absolute truth.

Also what RTS are you currently playing?

>history from AoE2
>the campaigns are barely history
i'd understand if it was civ, but aoe2?

>civ
>history
they can't even get the flavor text right

>quotes, pieces and their authors, world wonders
this shit alone will get you through highschool art history

>AoE
>learned about history

I have bad news user

I know the William Wallace and Barbarossa campaigns had details changed, but what else was there?

AoE 2 HD

currently at 1930, took a break but its still a lot of fun

Highschool is 11-12 th grade right?

Wtf, are you learning there? Don't you talk about the World Wars or your own Civil War?

btw. We had to interpret and analyze historical documents and answer related/transfer question.

We've never had a civil war.

Rise of Nations

This bad boy right here, pretty damn good.

starcraft 2

although technically Im playing in turnbased mode... Combat Mission Battle for Normandy

why is it so fucked, did they even try

Just completed the new mission they put in Mental Omega 3.3.1

>he believes rts game designers are historically literate beyond the 5th grade.

it's not just historically, that siege of "paris" in eastern france for instance
you can just take one quick glance at a map to find out where paris is actually located

>>he believes rts game designers are historically literate beyond the 5th grade.

The game has tab in the main menu where you can learn about the history of medieval warfare and the civilizations.

The campaigns had a slide show consisting of pretend dairy entries of someone involved in the battles be it a soldier, or scholar etc.

all this talk about historical accuracy... what civs are you playing atm?

>france looked like this in 1300

I have been playing wol vs bots. But I'm crushing max level bots without much effort.

I miss the old ladder

I think its clear they didn't bother to actually make the maps realistic, someone designed the maps and someone else just put the point in whatever places. It wouldn't be hard to make it more or less realistic, they simply didn't care about it

I always liked the Teutons and Persians, but now I'm playing more the Spanish and Huns
I recently realiced that I don't really knew the AoC civs that well, mostly because the version I played the most was AoK on PS2
Now I have the Forgotten and I'm playing the campaigns, but I kinda don't like that much the style they used for them. I was never a fan of using limited given units and some scenarios are kinda messy

It's dramatized history. For the real stuff, read the manual or the civilization history section. Most of that is spot on.

>burgundy is switzerland

Playing through the whole series right now. I love the games and I don't care about the mediocre reviews.

How much tactics are there in Combat Mission? I am looking for more WW2 RTS/RTT, but I don't want to look at spreadhseets with explosion sounds in the background.

You playing on PC?

Any tips on how to fix this fuckheap it shouldn't run this bad.