Complex and infinite situation

>complex and infinite situation
>push a rock around

MIND FUCKING BLOWN

>Infinite situations

Nintendo has gone full wii 2006 all over again.

left: JPN ver
right: USA ver

they're talking about pushing that rock all the way there to use it for some cheesy combo with some item, not just the simple action of being able to push a rock

>push a rock for 12 minutes
woah

Jesus fucking christ

There must be some way to break sequence with this. Push the rock to the right place and reach an unreachable ledge.

That's more than you can say for most other open-world games though.

...can you push that rock all the way to ganon?

holy fug, multiple build runs confirmed

Not really. You can carry a cheese wheel up to the final boss in Slyrim, but that doesn't make it a good game.

It us means that retards will think YOU CAN DO ANYTHING even when it doesn't matter in the slightest.

DID NINTENDO DO AGAIN???

SUCH A GENIUS!!!

yah, but you cant put the boulder in your inventory

you have to roll the boulder, fight enemies, stop it form rolling off somewhere, etc

can't lock that cheese into stasis, hit it a few times, and fling it super hard at something in skyrim though
boulders have utility in botw because they're heavy ass rocks you can use for combat

I was actually referring to the fact that you can just pick up the cheese wheel and you can drag it along with you, just like this boulder.

You can even throw it at enemies! You can do anything!

Ah, truly the innovative feature games have been missing!

I assume he means picking it up and walking with it in skyrim, not adding to inventory

PUSH THAT BOLDER NINTENKEKS

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>boulders have utility
>you can use them in combat

That's it. You can throw objects at people. You can throw the cheese wheel as well. You can do anything.

Oh MY GOD! Just imagine the possibilities here

Like the rocks can move, you can build your own fort and do rock only runs

>Zelda is literally as fun as playing with rocks
wew

underrated post

You can also push around the bandit trap boulders for the entire game if you want to.
They even have gameplay effects because you can Fus them into enemies.

So, do you think the Rock will turn into Dwayne and People's Elbow the final boss ?

Or Chris will come and punch the boulder in the boss' face?

Literally Sisyphus, like holy shit. Why would you brag about a Sisyphean task being in your game

Damn, this guy actually looks like Waluigi

The Wii is the worst thing to ever happen to gaming

i think i just realized how much i hate Nintendo

No, it was the PS2.

Truth. It brought in the normalfags.

Pushing a rock around is the core identity of the Zelda franchise.

Tell me 1 (one) game that let me do the exact same thing with no boundaries.

Reminds me of that achievement in Brutal Legend where you ride a motorcycle warthog that is stupidly frail from the starting zone, to the final boss area, then ride it into the lake.

That shit was fun though.

>blaming the wii for you can do anything
>not elder scrolls
>not grand theft auto
>not Ultima online

Open world has always been cancer that attracts normies, it just used to be too expensive to make frequently. Now it's still expensive but the market has shifted to spending more resources on fewer games so everyone is doing it

>no archievements so if you move this rock all the way to the final boss you wont gain anything at all

why is nintendo so retarded

Why would you want that

Pushing a rock is boring unless you're really a retard

And literally any game where you can pick up objects let's you do this, all you'really doing is moving an object

Why this game ruined itself by switching from a hack and slash to an RTS I'll never know.

Still no games that let me guide an object from a point that far to other and kill the final boss without any boundaries.

man, that right screenshot is such shitty quality.

good job, nintendo!

Just run a script on your computer to make a jingle and pop up a "well done" message at irregular intervals. There you have achievements for most things in life!

Doesn't sound like there's meant to be much of a sequence to break.

>Needing a shitty checklist to feel satisfied about your effort

Is this you?

whoa

the power of the switch

but zelda was always open world.

explain how it's not.

>Nintendo: Here is a silly example of the types of freedoms we're trying to design the game around
>Sup Forums: WTF? All you can do is push a rock around? THANKS JAPANESE OBAMA!

Look lads, the Cucktendo defense force has arrived!

How will they justify having to use your smartphone to interact with other people on a service that you are all paying for I wonder?

Remember, releasing lackluster garbage, being behind the times and making moronic decisions is a good thing as long as you are a Japanese company!

for all they hyped this, it's surprisingly linear. even lttp had the ability to do some dungeons out of order. not sure what this one's hook is supposed to be.

oh that reminds me, no hookshot.

>time stop the rock
>hit it a bunch of times
>grab on to it and get launched across the map straight into the final boss

Seems like it could be fun trying to get this to work

Is Nintendo really that proud of having a physics engine on their games?

>One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

What did Nintendo mean by this?

Nintendo still isn't sure what the internet is or why people use it

This is so sad. New Zelda Resident evil 5 wannabe

Half-Life 2 Episode 2 lets you carry a garden gnome around until the end of the game.

For the troll physics bro, this game is probably the best example where they apply in a while.

Apparently they also think "see this mountain you can go there" is the most mind blowing thing in the year of our lord 2k17

hilarious isn't it?

I thought you could go there in 3D since the first 3D game tho :/.

You go from dungeon to dungeon in a numbered order. There is nothing to do in the open world other than look for clues to get to the next numbered dungeon.

That's not an open world game. You have no freedom. Your options are either follow the clues to the next dungeon or do nothing.

It would be if someone else didn't say it earlier.
40 million sold copies don't lie dreamboy.

>nintendo does all the things people have been whining they implement for years
>"WAAAHHHH IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!"

there's no pleasing you is there.

No, not necessarily. A lot of 3D games in the series give you options to do other things if you don't want to go to the next dungeon yet.

Yes, that's a pretty big deal in a game that promises freedom. There aren't many other games that would even allow something like this.

People wanted fun

They got "you can push rocks if you want"

As long as the game isn't piss easy then I'm good. It's not like they never made a challenging game before right?

There are people who wanted to be able to push a rock to the end of the game?

Damn, Nintendies really are autistic.

>>push a rock around
something that horizon cant do

sonyggers should just end it now.

Name ONE(1) other game where you can push a rock anywhere.

So what turning a light switch on and off would blow people's minds 500 years ago but it sure as shit won't now

We are going on over 10 years of "see that mountain" Nintendo has to come up with something better than that

user, this is Sup Forums. You can only like games that are """"""Challenging"""""""" like dark souls or no games at all.

What's the point of freedom if pushing rocks isn't fun?

>Something like this

It's kind of pointless though isn't it? Not adding that kind of functionality doesn't surprise me.

So what makes GTA or The Witcher 3 an open world then? Story missions are all linear and needed to progress

Kek, games don't have to be that hard but at the very least midly challenging user. You have to admit a lot of 3D games are easy as hell. Something like the first two Zelda games or the oracle games would be good enough.

i'm sure someone has that image of miyamoto on zelda

You can carry objects throughout the whole game in Half-Life 2. Who gives a fuck.

Literally who gives a fuck? Why the hell am I addicted to this shithole?

Wasting time is one thing but reading threads about how a game allows to move a boulder around is on a whole other level.

>pushing the rock
>not using stasis to fling it where you're headed

INFINITE POSSIBILITIES

Any piratefags figure out how to shield slide yet

It can be if you're not a moron. There's a literal time stop mechanic so you can launch it around.

That's awesome, you fedora fucks.

Ps2 bought normies
Wii bought casuals

You can do things like this

see you tomorrow! :)

> SEE THAT ROCK?

I wish but I'm not done for today.

Maybe they shouldnt have focused more time in improving the framerate rather than fucking around with rocks

FUCKING STOP IT

IT'S VERY IMPRESSIVE THAT YOU CAN PUSH THAT BOULDER SUCH A LONG DISTANCE

THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY WANT YOU TO ACTUALLY DO IT

IT'S JUST THAT YOU COULD, IT'S THE P O S S I B I L I T Y OF PUSHING THE ROCK THAT MAKE THIS THE GAME OF THE YEAR

DELETE THE FUCKING THREAD MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDSSSSSS

Troll physics.

I feel like Nintendo of America is trying to tell us something.

The Wii only existed because the Gamecube was a failure. The GC was a failure due to the PS2 success, which succeeded due to things like pic related ads for normies, DVD and le GTA.

Casuals=normies

One must imagine Link happy.

I love shit like that.

>Complex
You do realize most people are very, very stupid?

wojak with beanies/fedoras/mario cap should be an immediate ban

it's honestly the best Sup Forums meme of all time

>plebs don't get it

>YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
>start game
>you cant do anything

Pass me the controller, bro.