I really want a gaming PC. One that can run new, and old games. How much do they usually go for Sup Forums?

I really want a gaming PC. One that can run new, and old games. How much do they usually go for Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=00Bi_iT1zzQ
pcpartpicker.com/list/YFh7d6
youtube.com/watch?v=y1fIgEGog4E
thermaltake.com/chassis/mini_case_/core/c_00002373/core_v1/Specification.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For a whole lot less if you buy the parts and build it yourself.

$1,500.00

As long as you don't need peripherals you can buy one for under 1000 dollars

$2000 plus tip

I plan on upgrading a pre-built one because idk how to build one.
What you mean by peripherals, like a monitor?

Depends, 400+
They can get up to 2,500 but you can build a comfortable rig for around 500

Anyone saying above 600 is just a falseflagging console owner

pcpartpicker.com/
should be pretty easy. there are a bunch of guide. really hard to mess up.

>I plan on upgrading a pre-built one because idk how to build one

plz don't, everything about pre-built is garbage from the power supply to the RAM and everything in between

>Killzone Shadowfall
>PC

>wants to buy a 800+ dollars PC
>when literally everything worthwhile on it can be played on literal toaster you currently have or a PS4 which has also actually good exclusives

1050ti
Any Intel i3
8 GB RAM
There you go, you run all games in 1080p no problem

Without waiting for sales and being patient
$1200 if you want a med-high end
$1500-$2000+ if you want a really unnecessarily cool computer with the best parts you can buy
$1000-lower if you want to build a med-low end that you'll need to upgrade next year.

intel i7 6700k
nvidia 1080 sli
16 gb ram
water cooled

cost me 2900 grand a year ago

Ok listen here, if it's some random prebuilt thing it might not even have proper pcie support etc, you have to really do your research on what sort of machine you have.

>idk how to build one.

Do you know how to put together Lego knockoffs designed for toddlers? Then congratulations, you can "build" a PC. You put things in their clearly designated slots, and its literally impossible to do it wrong unless you "force" like you're a chimp.

Can you actually run modern trepple ayyy games on an i3 if you have a decent gpu?

That looks sketchy as hell

Why is this grill screaming at a desktop?

I have a 2009 i5 750 and a 1050ti and run 1080p games no problem, obviously better than PS4

They're saying they can build me a PC on a budget that can run a PS4 exclusive? Wouldn't that just be a PS4?

I don't get advertisements.

Wtf is pcie?
I just don't get how, you buy the case or some hit, wouldn't it be pre-built to some degree?
Noted

I just build myself a 800€ pc and I can run everything high or ultra

Oh boy.

In short, the leftover pc you're looking to upgrade into a 'gaming pc' might not have any proper support for the hardware you'd be looking to add.

Chances are you'd be better off just salvaging the extra HDD and optical drive, and build a new computer from scratch.

Yeah, how would you go about doing that?

I would suggest doing some serious research, ie. a google search and then read up on how components work and go together, important compatibility issues, power calculation and so on.
It's a very easy process once you've got some basic knowledge of these things.
There are even tons of step-by-step guides for everything, if you can't bother with educating yourself.

Yeah this is for later on, I have a PS4 right now.

K, thanks to everyone in this thread as well.

No problem, good luck with your efforts.

Here's what you basically do

You have your motherboard, you stick it in your case. There are some screws you screw down. Then you put the processor in the mother board, it just slots in and there's a little lever you push to seat it in good. Then you put a heatsink on the processor, that shits easy. Then you stick some ram in, there's little plastic tabs on either end of the stick that fit in to hold it in place. Then you stick the GPU into its slot, and screw one end into the case while the rest is held up by plastic tabs on the slot itself. Then you plug in a cable into the motherboard and the hard drive. Then you get the PSU and connect all the power cables, they're all uniquely shaped to prevent mixups.

That's it, you're done.

Capped, thanks. Will probably be less hard than I think, I was good at building stuff as a kid.

Buy PS4, PC only makes sense if you plan to play 4X, paradox games and X-Com

>4X, paradox games and X-Com

so good games instead of AAA follow the giant glowing quest objective garbo

upgraded my prebuilt too. i just replaced the psu, got new ram sticks, gfxcard and cpu

You can play most of them on integrated GPU of modern core i3 processors

>tell game bro not to buy cheap tower and add new gpu
>"lol i cant build my own"
>he buys a cheap tower
>adds new gpu
>literally the next day
>chink shit psu explodes
>chink shit mobo fries
>cpu dead
>gpu dead
>"lol how did that happen, help me bro"

Stop being a fucking retard. Build from scratch or dont fuck with shit.

The parts made today only fit 1 way, the right way.

Call me when I can spend $800 for a gaming PC that doesn't require a tower like it's still the early 2000s.

A ~$600 build will run 99.9% of steam games max settings at 1080 60 fps.

You can get a gaming laptop for that much:
youtube.com/watch?v=00Bi_iT1zzQ

You can also build smaller desktop units but its not something I nor most people have great interest in.

All I want is a desktop unit that's roughly the size of the original PS4. That doesn't seem like too much to ask. I really don't understand why ATX towers still exist.

And yes, I know I can get that but it should be way less expensive than it currently is.

Seriously dude, watch some guides on this and don't trust Sup Forums. But this is a bait thread and you're not building a PC anyways.

I mean you can. I could have gotten a smaller case for my current build. But that comes with the trade off of worrying about cooling/airflow, cable management, and component fitting. Also you have to be picky about looking for deals because standard sized mobo's have more variety and sales.

pcpartpicker.com/list/YFh7d6

This is a budget PC I built inside a Core V1 mini-itx case. It cost me about 650 in Canadian dollars. You could fit a full sized GPU in there too, but that tiny 950 was nicely priced and fit the needs of those using it.

$950
Meme harder

>Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor
wrong

Pretty sweet looking. What are the case dimensions roughly. I do plan to build a gaming PC but I want it to be small. I've always hated big towers.

I had an i3 6100 and a 1050 ti and I ran the Witcher 3 at 1080 60fps.
Only adjustments down from ultra was turn LOD of most stuff down such that within 15 feet of geralt everything was high detail, high grass but fell off from there. Still looked great

youtube.com/watch?v=y1fIgEGog4E

Just install Linux on a jailbroken PS4 instead.

Never buy cutting edge computer parts. They are like cars and always outdated immediately if not worse than cars.

thermaltake.com/chassis/mini_case_/core/c_00002373/core_v1/Specification.htm
276 x 260 x 316 mm
(10.9 x 10.2 x 12.4 inch)

If you want a nice small case, check out the A4-SFX v1. It's a kickstarter shit but it's so far the best compact case you can buy, when it's fucking available. Other than that there's lots of compact cases and if you're a DIY type of guy then you can always make one yourself. Custom cases are the pinnacle of coolness for a PC imo.

That's a sure way to kill the VRMs.

Nope, they were fine and still are. I overclocked that X4-860k to 4.7GHz fine.

The real pro-tip to building a PC is

Don't skimp on PSU or MOBO
Always keep the boxes/rebates until you're SURE you want the item
Make sure you write down all serial numbers and warranty info in case your part explodes 2 days before the warranty runs out

This way you can avoid fucking up, like people who just bought 1080s for 150 extra 3 days ago