T W E L V E

T W E L V E
M I N U T E S

For?

E3

It's literally 12 minutes long

Someone speedran to the final boss in 12 minutes then got their ads handed to them because they were ridiculously undergeared

I'm guessing a successful speed-run will include finding just enough weapons to make it through
Hour, hour and a half?
Plus or minus metal-crate travel speed

A successful speedrun is likely 20 hours or so.
You can't beat Ganon without the Master Sword. He has an invulnerable mode that can only be taken out by its sword beam.

you're going to have to source that

>A successful speedrun is likely 20 hours or so.
how fucking retarded are you

Anyone know where it's being streamed I can't find shit

A stream which I have no link to anymore.

You have to grind for 13 hearts. That's a good bit of 20 hours. Including travel time of getting to the shrines, cooking food, getting better armor, etc. Someone might trim it to 10 or so with perfect combat.

It'll take even longer for a perfect ending run.

tfw a 12 minute game is gonna get goty from everyone

so you're just a complete moron

>20h
>trimmable to 10

I see you have absolutely no idea what you're taking about

OH NO, I JUST FOUND OUT SPEED RUNNING EXISTS AND I CAN NEVER PLAY GAMES AGAIN!!!! EVEN THOUGH MOST PLAYERS WILL TAKE THIER TIME IN THE GAME AND IT WILL BE AROUND 50-80 HOURS AT THE LEAST BEFORE THEY BEAT IT, BECAUSE ONE PERSON GOT THEIR ASSES HANDED TO THEM I WILL COMPLAIN

>You have to grind for 13 hearts
just like you NEED the varia suit in SM to go through the hot zones, right?
speedrunning is about going fast and skipping content you fucking retard.

>start BOTW
>Walk to ganons castle
>walk to end of hallway
>cutscene starts
>credits roll
>thats it?
>literally took me all of 12 minutes
>9 of which were walking to the castle

really nintendo?

YOU CAN'T BEAT FUCKING GANON WITHOUT THE MASTER SWORD BECAUSE HE HAS AN INVUL MODE

THE MASTER SWORD REQUIRES FUCKING 13 HEARTS

1 heart = 4 shrines

>doesn't play it
>tries to sound mildly upset without valid arguments, criticism or even an opinion

I lmao'ed

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

OPEN WORLD

OPEN WORLD

Source?

it didnt take him 12 minutes you retards, it took him 50 minutes, he did four shrines and got the paraglider

TAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!!!

we're playing the game

Literally worse than people who said you could beat Ground Zeroes in 3 minutes.

>He has an invulnerable mode that can only be taken out by its sword beam
Nope, it's easier using the Master Sword charged attack, but he is in no way invulnerable

It's 12 minutes from hyrule castle which takes 50 minutes to get to. Also, you need to have the glider to reach it in that time

What does the master sword beam look like?

Proof

We have sword beams in 3D again? Hell yeah.

Show me a video of you throwing the master sword and picking it up, or the message that says "you're not hearty enough for this wild thing!"

Otherwise fuck off.

please stop talking about speedrunning, you clearly have no clue

Well I'm sure speedrunners can abuse Reflex to do that mission that fast, but using an optimized route and not relying on gimmicks and doing it with no detections I got it done in like 9 minutes I think? You can do that mission really fast dude

Stream url?

Unless there's a upgrade there's no Master Sword beam, the charged attack does have a long range that damages anything inside the area being covered by it

Idk about invul ganon but ofc you can pick the master word without 13 hearts.

wait till a twitch speedrunner tries it

He looks amazing

explain why you need hearts to grab the master sword and why it isnt linked to dungeon progress or quest progress

Ground Zeroes is more than 1 mission, and the average time to beat the first mission is about an hour on the first playthrough. Then there's 6 other missions with 2 modes of difficulty, and side objectives. It takes 18 hours to 100% Ground Zeroes, that's close to a dollar an hour.

People watch speedruns of the first mission and say YOU CAN BEAT THE GAME IN 3 MINUTES LOL. Similar thing is happening here.

Definitely one of the most original visuals on Ganon, this should've been his final form

Basically you are too weak(Not enough hearts) to pull the Master Sword, and you gain hearts by completing Shrines and Dungeons

in LTTP you could get it after 3 sages

is there a story reason why you need hearts/more health? does it kill you by using it?

I guess that's this Zelda's way of saying Link is too weak. I know he's the one chosen by the goddesses and shit, but many Zelda games still imply he's too weak to wield it right from the start. Usually it's through the story progression, but it's just literally he's too weak this time and needs more hearts. It's not that bad, hearts were a good sign of how far you were in a Zelda game anyway, not too far off of being Link's "level"

Video for Calamity Ganon please. All I can find is shitty fucking fan theories or streams of people called Calamity Ganon.

It's a callback to Zelda 1. You needed 12 hearts for the Magical Sworld and you could get them however you like. Same deal here, to leave the game open ended.

"Going back to our roots" gone right.

I got the impression that it was corrupted or something, or it saps your energy to use it

Can you swim underwater? I can't believe I've never seen this in any of the streams or preview videos and no one wants to answer this.

He's been laying on a stone bed for 100 years. Link lost all his gains

Good question.

It's some kind of conspiracy or something that no one will fucking answer it, I swear. We know the god damn ending to the game but not if he can swim underwater.

IT'S EVEN SHORTER THAN FAR CRY 4 GUYS!

Same here. I thought it wasn't part of the game since i've seen people swimming but never diving (there was no button prompt for it) but then some user said there was something in the datamined .tik file that implied you could unlock something related to underwater interaction, but i've never seen anything following up to that

In general i never see anyone talking about the Goron, Zoras and their respective territories. Outside of the main "normal" area people just focused on trap Gerudo Link

I saw someone mention Zora armor, but still no mention of actually diving. I mean, we have people in this thread who have played or are playing the game right this second but still not gonna reply god damn it.

What's in Death Mountain?
What's with the Deku Tree?

what happened to the ocarina of time?

No. Not even with the Zora armor RIP in peace best girl ;_;

Why would they remove swimming underwater in this one of all games?

Lazyness.
>What's in Death Mountain?
A divine beats and Goron city
>What's with the Deku Tree?
He keeps the Master sword

I mean, you can glide, ride (several different animals), slide and climb -and sail- in this game. I'm not devastated at the lack of underwater swimming, more perplexed. Oh well :/

It was fun in MM, not so much in TP and absolutely awful in SS.

Already played it. Shit's boring.

Nothing will top swimming in MM of course, but it was perfectly fine in TP and SS. Even just that kind of swimming would be nice to have in this.

>You needed 12 hearts for the Magical Sworld and you could get them however you like
This.

It was good in SS except when you had to collect the tadpoles

>It was good in SS

>it was in MM
fun isn't allowed which is why they ruined swimming controls in the MM remake

It worked fine. The motion controls didn't add anything over a joystick for it, but it wasn't any worse either.
The problems with TP and SS is that there was rarely anything cool about being underwater. Just a handful of secrets or a shitty collectathon. It has been a downgrade since MM though, for sure. I wish BOTW gave you a Zora tunic that let you swim like Zora Link. But I guess we can't even fucking dive.

>It worked fine