>Model an AK-74M
>Model an AK-101
>Model an AK-103
>Model an AK-105
>Model an AK-12
>Model a Type 56
>Model a WASR-10

>Call it an AK-47

Is there a specific name for /k/ related autism?

>Model a 1911
>Call it a Colt 45

AK 47 is my favorite gun.

That's like getting triggered at somebody for not calling your 1991 Honda Accord LX by its full and proper designation.

Who cares if it has 4 doors, doesn't have a sunroof, and has a different exhaust run. It has the same fucking engine, and the sames fucking performance specs.

Kill yourself.

>there's never a vz. 58

>play call of chernobyl
>need to find 1 ak-74u
>find 2 ak-101s, 3 ak-103s, 1 ak-74m, 2 akms

Pure Autism, move on.

I don't actually fucking care /k/ as long as they look good.

One is milled, one is stamped

this

rolled, not steel cut

/k/ is that you?

>AK-47 with safety on in video games

Really makes me mad, GTA IV worst example

I don't understand so i don't care :^)
It's like /asp/ crying over some animations from wrestling games.

>model a B-52
>advertise it as a B-2 Spirit

>rolled, not steel cut
are we talking about oats?

It literally doesn't matter.

>model a wasr-10
>mag doesn't even wobble

>That a civic?
>No faggot it's a Civic Type R

Same autism

>model an trans
>model an boy

>call it an girl

>build an sturmgewehr
>call it a maschinenpistole

No more room in hell has one, I believe

They did it to fool Hitler.

>model an an-94
>mag isnt even titled

It does, also modded Insurgency and Arma 2 too, I think

Mag is definitely tilted in BF3

It has to due with accuracy and reliability.

These are pretty important when you have a weapon that propels bits of lead at supersonic speeds using a controlled explosion.

I get the rest, but is it so wrong to call an AKM an AK-47?

Because they are different rifles. they have different muzzle brakes, the akm has an attachment rail, and the akm has a stamped receiver instead of a milled one

It's just a game, bro. You forgot that AKM's buttstock is angled differently.

>model a FAL
>give it plastic furniture
>model a G3
>give it plastic furniture

>model a generic rotary-barrel gun
>call it a Vulcan

>hey we need a gun for our mounted turrets
>let's just make a rotary-barrel

I hate this meme

>model a nigger
>call it a king

>ak-74u

SOMEBODY

>p-plz no ban

I'm not even a /k/ fag, but I see plenty of other differences too.

I'm assuming that you can change them, so I guess the hand guards, stock and grip shouldn't count.

No, it's like calling your Honda Civic a Prelude. They're literally not the same.

>the akm has an attachment rail
AK's which have side mounts for rails are designated AK __N. So there are versions of the AK-47 with side mounts, which is the AKN. They were mostly used for night vision scopes back then.

Also, you Sup Forumsirgins might think this is already autistic enough, but different countries also made/make AK's so there are even more designations.

I know Vz. 58 isn't an AK but it still a best because you can actually attach a bolt-release to it.

>game devs in charge of knowing how guns and ballistics work

Very few devs get it right. Even Arma 3 messes up the most basic of mechanics. Ubisoft and Rockstar do it horribly, as did early Call of Duty and Battlefield. The only game I know that does weapons 100% accurately is Insurgency and the worst thing they've done is get some weapon names slighty wrong.

Manager is cuter

The weapon names this is mostly a copyright thing

You have to license them

They do count, mass produced guns generally don't go around having different furniture from gun to gun.

That's bullshit though.

>tilted mag
why

>>>/akg/

Some guns are so commonplace you don't have to. The AK-47 you don't have to license I believe. But yeah the names are usually due to licensing.

As for looks, functionality, mechanics, etc it's inexcuable to make mistakes. Your job as a weapons designer for a game is to research the weapon and understand how it functions and leaving out key details to its operation is retarded.

The one thing that I hate the most is when the weapon isn't charged after an empty reload. Enjoy your click, idiot. Do the guns run on magic?

One clear difference is that most AK-47s have a smooth top cover while the AKM's is ribbed.

>crossposting /k/ stuff onto the most cancerous board on Sup Forums

fuck you
why?
do you want people to flock to /k/?

nobody on Sup Forums has a clue about guns

Dude, I have never actually set foot in /akg/.
Only in /ak/.

that's a maschinen karabiner

/k/ and Sup Forums overlap a decent amount. People with no interest in guns won't bother to go over.

Another big difference is the AKM has a swelled handguard to give better control. The Ak-47 was smooth and was hard to grip.

>Model an M14
>Give it super tacticool spec ops navy seal OPR8R furniture

>Idle animation
>No round in the chamber

You mean the Mk14 EBR?

more like

>model an FAL/M14
>make it semi auto only

>reload
>fresh mag has zero rounds in it

30 hot rounds of 5.56x45mm air

>make an FAL
>make it semi auto only

>FAL
maybe it's a SLR

literally what even is the differnce

Mods don't count.

>maschinen__________karabiner

>reload gun
>charcter reloads and then pulls back the chamber even though it's already loaded

RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Even Arma 3 messes up the most basic of mechanics
Such as

Manufacturing methods. Which increase reliability and cheapness of production among other things.
Also, there are many more AKM's than AK-47's floating around. That is, if you don't count the Chinese Type 56's.

easier to find the magwell during a reload under stress

>reload automatic gun after emptying it's magtech clip
>toon doesn't charge it's handle after inserting new bullets
EH REH
EH REH
EH REEEEEEEEEEEH

Special loading mechanism.

Reloads. The operator uses the charging handle or bolt release every time he reloads. The fire selector switches actually move though, so that's cool. Except the finger doesn't.

>Model AR
>Every AR is either a silly "Commando" or an M16

AK-47 isn't even the official name of any production AK, who gives a shit?

You'd think they would be smart enough to say that. Again, Insurgency is the only game I've seen make the distinction that the L1A1 is single shot and the FAL is select fire.

>outlined the differences
>i dont get it guys

>do this
>game still counts 1 in the chamber

Some weapons aren't charged, pistol slides unlock without being touched, some other small bullshit. It's been a while since I've played so I don't remember off the top of my head I just remember I was astonished because I was always told it was super realistic.

>AR platform reload animations in Insurgency actually have the other side of the mag release coming out when pressed

I swear if I knew the game's weapon animator I would tip that fucker.

>have a baby
>give it autism

I'm pretty sure it was the official name before Soviets figured out stamping, which took quite a lot of time.

>using intermediate cartridges
What's the matter, user? Does .308 hurt your feminine shoulders?

It's not modded in arma 2, comes with the Czech special forces.

t. noguns fudd

It's super realistic in gameplay mechanics, not in cosmetics

Pistole is not in the mkb name

>couldn't switch to your pistol while moving until a very recent update

Sure buddy

>M14 EBR
>its instead of pic related

It's like devs have no taste for aesthetics.

A lot of games have to get around licensing issues by naming their guns something else when its clearly meant to be a copy of something more recognizable. It's either that or buy rights to a license so the gun autists don't get triggered, which unless your making ultra realisitic army shoot bags is fucking pointless.

I was pointing out the space.

>model an AKS-74u rifle carbine
>call it an SMG

>model a Barrett M82A1
>call it a sniper rifle

>model a Mini Uzi
>don't aim down the sights properly

CoD4 was pretty retarded desu

>model a rooty-tooty point n' shooty
>call it a gun
Fucking Americans

Bullshit reason. It's to accomadate for the snowflake internals that was designed to have a fast 2 round burst.
>clip

The 'super realism' comes a lot more from how battles actually go, the ballistics, range of engagements, ect. Compare to Battlefield or even Squad, and ARMA has them completely beat in that department. They just don't do the animations as well, but it's an improvement over what it used to be in ARMA 2 where it literally just put the gun out of view and made reload noises because they were too poor and small to even do basic reload animations.

>Model a FAL
>It's a shitty compact tacticool DSA

>Ctrl+F Jagged Alliance 1.13
>No results

I'm disappointment, Sup Forums

>G3 is a semi only assault rifle

This disgusted me the most honestly.

To be honest I pulled my explanation out of my ass before remembering that the russians don't make weapons with ergonomic luxury in mind

I never could get this to work. Not even regular Jagged Alliance 2. Is there a common problem that I should know about?

What pisses me off is how COD always makes the M16 a burst fire weapon. I loved the automatic M16 in Battlefield 3.

>model a SKS
>give it plastic furniture and a skeleton stock

Rally is mai waifu.

>the russians don't make weapons with ergonomic luxury in mind
any weapon manufacturer considers ergonomics to an extent because it's an important part of man/weapon interfacing

To be fair, they do call the AK-12 whenever it's in a game

Not that I know of. I played the GOG version on Windows 7.