The lesson wasn't to let go of the gold...

The lesson wasn't to let go of the gold, the lesson was to let go of Fallout because they had told all the stories that they wanted to tell, and that the brand was out of their hands forever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bi51-wjcwp8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why do you have to be like this, OP?

I didn't ask for this.

it didn't hit me until I finished Lonesome Road.

Dead Money was about how people who clung to the past too hard were destroyed by it

Honest Hearts was very much about how the world won't let you stay the same, and you have to learn how to grow and evolve

Old World Blues was a huge nostalgia trip- while also illustrating the danger of nostalgia.

This all culminated with you, the player being attacked by your own past. By the time I was done I realized that beyond the story of the game, The old lads from Black Isles were talking t,o me. They had told their stories, Van Buren had finally been realized, and that they were going to be moving on with new game projects. It was a bittersweet moment, but it helped me avoid the disaster that was FO4.

Is this the New Vegas thread?

Also OP how high are you right now?

What was the lesson of fallout 4?

Pretty sure Van Buren was going to be completely different to New Vegas, even if some concepts from VB were re-purposed for NV. Vast majority remained scrapped.

I agree, even if it probably wasn't the original intent of the creators.

After playing F4, and seeing that fallout game android game, and all those kids with Vault Boy and Vault 111 t-shirts. I have accepted that fallout is no longer for me, and it's time to move on.

I'll probably pirate F5 when it comes out, but I will probably rage at it a lot less than F4.

It was, but a ton of the concepts and political groups that they had devised (along with political events like the BoS and the NCR going to war) were reused and realized within New Vegas. It may not be the exact version of Van Buren that they planned for, but it's the best version they could make.

Stop it OP.....stop it......not now.

I still can't believe what a turd Fallout 3 was after 4+ years in development. Bethesda forced Obsidian to push out New Vegas in 18 months, imagine what they could have done with a full year.

player.modav carry weight 5000000

"why put in effort when the players will do it for you?"

looking back on it
why did we even want the gold anyways

>Bethesda forced Obsidian to push out New Vegas in 18 months, imagine what they could have done in 12 months
??

Shit's shiney and they have at least some value in the NCR since their currency used to be backed by gold before the BoS fucked that up.

the developers told you to let go

fuck what they think

I just took one bar as a memento to prove I was there, personally.

To me, the saga came full circle with Lonesome Road. It'd be very hard to top such an ending.

This, there's a lone bar on one of the other tables that i always take as a souvenir

Fuck you, the lesson was to fill a bath tub with that shit.

No the lesson is that morals of the story are for poor fags, and the rich screw the rules.

The showdown at the end wasn't epic enough to me but I mostly blame gamebryo for that.

Did you kill Ulysses or did you fight alongside him? I couldn't bring myself to fight him because of what a pathetic wreck he had become.

I killed him. I'll consider doing it the other way at some point.

The lesson was to stack it all into a single bar and pick it up manually as a physical object so that it weights nothing.

Ulysses is a good character IMO but I was not standing to fight along side him. Not after the bearshit and bullshit he put me through. I fucking put him in the ground and stole his bitching flag pole.

I'd say it's worth sparing him at least once. He hangs out at the entrance to the Divide and gives some neat little lore tidbits about the tribes the Legion obsorbed, most of which were supposed to show up in Van Buren, as well as some decent survival item recepies.

I realized this for the first part when I was replaying the DLC and realized all of Honest Hearts was "We had all these ideas for Van Burren, but we'll never get to make that, so scrapped that for part and made this and the Old World Blues, enjoy!"
I could see the Fallout dream dying as I played it. It didn't help that everything that came out of Joshua's mouth was pure gold and I realized no other Fallout characters would be written that well ever again.

It just werks.

You'd have gotten it anyway without killing him but good for you man. I've heard his boss fight is bullshit, though.

Is that why all the following DLC was trash?

He even has some interesting opinions on Lanius and Graham. I like how much he respects Graham for all he suffered.

I just finished my last Fallout NV game. That particular Courier was the one I got the most attached to and the most developed one I've ever played. I´m gonna miss my samurai Jack.
Now I can't play because I've got to cool off.

Because i am a greedy mother fucker.
Was i gonna sell it? Course not. I wanted it just because i could have it.

I got all the gold and somehow managed to use VATS on Father Elijah at the energy barrier. My courier bugged out and spawned behind him, killing the big old guy with a spear in the back.

>mfw 'muh let go' credits

all the following DLC reinforced the message

How do I get attached to my courier

I took all of it even if i had to shimmy my way out of there.

>muh injuns
>muh funny robutts
>muh linearity
Shit DLC for shit people.

I always take the bars cause I want some kinda reward for doing the DLC and the gameplay sure isnt a reward.
I love the narrative and characters introduces in dead money but what the fuck was obsidian thinking with that fucking radio mechanic? Literally just run in and out over and over till you find it, or save scum.

I made him go through his own character arc. He stared off very idealistic and trying to help at every chance he got. Always avoiding violence unless necessary and trying his best to get the best outcome. His main goal was restoring his honor with Benny.
Then House comes in, offering him a chance to change the world. My courier came form an autocratic land, and didn't believe in democracy. He was also looking for a lord to serve. In comes House and Caesar. He then took went on a journey to Zion on his own to clear his head and discover if he was worthy to serve someone else. Then he met Graham and encouraged him to do let go of his vengeance. Having settled his doubts and after finding out what Ceasar did to New Canaan he went to serve House. Then House told him to kill the BoS while he was on friendly terms with them. At the same time Veronica was doing her quest, and he thought that if he became a Knight the Brotherhood would be more willing to listen to Veronica and for him to convince House to let them live. He did become a knight and told Veronica to leave. Then the BoS massacre the Followers and disheartened, the Courier blew up Hidden Valley. Feeling like a traitor, he went to an abandoned BoS bunker to pay his respects and that took him to the Sierra Madre. There he made his personal quest to get everyone alive, and did pretty well until Dean told him why he did what he did. The Courier lost faith in his mission, but still let Dean live. After returning to the Mojave and working on several quests, he was transported to Big Mountain, which did hardened him more. While he was there I took the perk that reduces your Karma to neutral. Eventually he found his way to the Divide where he had a pretty harsh confrontation with Ulysses. He did allow him to leave, because he saw much of him in Ulysses past and was incredibly broken for destroying the Divide even involuntarily. For this, he aborted the launch of the missiles and lost E-DE. Cont.

sad things is there is no vendor that has enough caps for the gold.

Finally, he fought in the battle of Hoover Dam for House and lived the rest of his lives as a guardian for House as he had done before going to the Mojave to a different lord very long ago. The end for this guy and his companions was pretty bittersweet, even if he improved many lives across the Mojave. Still, I felt pretty sad when I bid him goodbye after all we had gone through together. I think I spent 184 hours on this character; not sure if this is much but it was for me.

I dont sell it, I just like collecting all the unique items in Beth style games and decorating my house with them.

I seriously don't understand how people RP in these games.

Make up little stories in your head
Like Fantastic

You're saying it because what I wrote is completely autistic or because you genuinely don't know how to do it?

>how do people RP
>in an RPG
>how do people role play in a role playing game

I seriously don't understand how people self-insert in RPGs.

Like motherfucker I can be myself every day, I want to be a scientific genius who solves problems through computer hacking and laser guns, not through avoidance.

You can't be yourself in a Western themed post apocalyptic setting, though. You can be yourself in a normal, boring ass day of sleep wake work play sleep.

>You can't be yourself in a Western themed post apocalyptic setting, though.
But so fucking many people play an idealized version of themselves in games it's not funny.

Well the real me would've died during the war, or shortly after.

Building a plot out of "cool" concepts can make for some interesting vignettes and can serve the foundation for a larger narrative. However, it's not a substitute for an actual storyline.

See Pete Hines' recent presentation on FO4 that made a lot of Fallout fans wondering why Bethesda ever set him on writing the main plot to the game.

Where's that "Post your couriers" image? I've been looking for it.

It's just a form of escapism. People are powerless and weak in the real world, but in video games they have the chance to play as a version of themselves that can literally change the world in whatever way they see fit. And they just lack creativity.

Link

>tfw powerless and weak in the real world and always self-insert the best I can in video game so I can be me in a reality where that's a good thing

Thank you, my mang

Oh boy

>Dead Money was about how people who clung to the past too hard were destroyed by it
>Honest Hearts was very much about how the world won't let you stay the same, and you have to learn how to grow and evolve
The entire series is about that, man.

My mistake, it wasn't Pete Hines.

It's Emil Pagliarulo:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bi51-wjcwp8

It's kinda weird, since Emil wrote some pretty good questlines for Oblivion. But he doesn't seem to do real well on the main overarching storyline.

you're a faggot ;~;

rate me