Ryu Ga Gotoku/Yakuza Thread

The 5 billionairs are challenging on legendary edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LmPDTFMfX_E
youtube.com/watch?v=x8LZ2GqzOSA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Im having a bunch of trouble in the arena as Majima. The demon Romp is where i get whooped on.

>mfw slime guns are effective against mr shakedown on legendary
>bought a shitload as kiryu in chapter 6 and just buy everything in money life after farming mr shakedown for 20 billion yen
>mfw unlockable style

I wish kiryu was my dad

I fucking hate that jump kick the leisure king does and that stupid jab that instantly stuns you.

Any tips for the bullshit catfight mini game?

look at the updates, pick a character with a positive update and look at their win record. If it's all good go all out on them and watch a depressed girl one shot you anyway with a come-back.

"I suggest you listen to me"
"I suggest you blow me"
How can Yakuza 1 have such shitty voice acting, yet such incredible writing?

>Dreaded Mahjong beyond words
>One day's work later I'm just two rounds away from beating all challenges

I don't enjoy it but it's not the Devil's own dominoes any more. Getting 5 million yen on the hard table in a fluke haneman certainly helped. All that's left is pool shots and in some ways I'm dreading that more.

Learn 2 Thug. Use quickstep attacks, use your heat actions only at 3rd gear. Mash out your throws before opponents go into heat mode.

Not good enough voice directions.

Though Kiryu(without all the cursing), majima, date, and shimano were great, hell id say I prefer shimanos english voice.

Thanks, Id keeps slipping up on one of the guys with a heavy weapon, is hitting them twice and backing off really the best strategy?

The hammer guy? Yeah, combo him until he starts to attack, back off until he finishes an attack string and wail on him again.

>trained under Kiryu
>approved by Kiryu, Kazama and Nishiki
>Nishiki's 2nd in command
>make enough money to blow at soapland
>master of subterfuge, hide Kazama from all sides
>girlfriend is devoted to him

>die to nameless gooks

Why is in-game Shinji so fucking useless compared to his unseen ver?

>he is in zero

>yet we arent told when he joined

Damn, alright.

The punk's VAs was pretty good at capturing that tryhard immature feeling of their character

Also GET OUT OF HERE

The Five Bill-yen-aires.

>mfw finally breaking the Finance King's arms and skull, and subsequently unlocking the Dragon of Dojima style
That was well worth the grind.
Now to grind for Majima's. I hope Cabaret isn't as grindy or irritating as Real Estate.

It's not as mind numbingly boring that's for sure. It also goes by a lot quicker.

I just started Sunshine Cabaret. What's the quickest way to get to the end, I want to unlock the Mad Dog style for the end of the story.

80 hours in and I'm still at chapter 12

trying to match the english lines with the japanese mouth synch.

HEY YOU!

> Kiryu dislocates both arms of some random mook
> money flies out from his shoulders

> Majima stabs some punk with a tanto
> money flies out of the stab wound

I love this game.

Cabaret goes by fast and it's more fun.
Just get all the hostesses around town and via subquests and you should be good.
Ms Isobe (from the disco subquests and Etsuko (the Obatarian) are really good.

Well that's good to hear. It took me about a week to finish Real Estate. Would've been longer if I hadn't gotten more dosh from Mr. Shakedown.

What exactly should I expect from it, anyway? Is Majima pretty much gonna be a classier pimp, and adding girls to his entourage?

Etsuko is my waifu

>someone saved your gmod screenshot
No he is very kind and polite, like he is at grand.

Its basically you dress up platinum hostesses(like 4) then manage the floor while customers are around and get things girls request via their hand signatures(squeeze hand = towel,hands together in a circle=ash tray, forget the others).

Its easy and fun.

>just managed to clear the car chase on legend difficulty in one try

I'm home free now

Can you pause cutscenes in 1-5?

They all want the big G, it's like diner dash with sad fucks and cute girls, g r a n d m a power, thumbs up, also this is important

L=guest glass
Pointer close to thumb =ladies glass

I think you can from 3 onward. Kenzan didn't let you as far as I can recall.

It is a pretty good screenshot, fampai.
And damn, that already sounds a hell of a lot more fun than navigating a menu and waiting for ten minutes for money.
Thanks for the info, mate. I'm surprised I'm not burnt out of this game, yet. It's amazing.

You cant in 3 or 5, well you can if you press the ps3 home button

starting in 5 you can.

You can in 4 though?

Not from what I remember.

3 and 4 use the same engine and I dont remember it being implemented until 5 new engine.

If you're going for all side stories, make sure to do the special training for the plat hostesses between runs. You can only do one lesson at a time so you can't do them all at once.

Goddamn kyoudais, so many threads. Niiiiiiiicce

>just got back to KUZEEEEEEE

still my favorite moment in this game

Kiryu clenching his fists as Kuze's theme starts up, the punch to the face, and then the stare down as the title card drops still gets me hard

At least we got that glorious mess out of it. I love the Y1 dub. It's awful and wonderful at the same time.

>"You're tired"

Can't lie kyoudais, I couldn't hold them back at this.

I'm going to miss it when the hype inevitably dies out. Hopefully when Kiwami comes out the threads will surge again.

Daisaku "It was actually my right hand man who killed him" Kuze

This is how I lost to the gambling king.
My Girl still had 60% of her HP, his girl downed with 0. Gets up again and breaks my girls arm.

Any chance of Yakuza 2 on PS3 or PS4 in the west in the future?

I hated that Tachibana had to die, good night sweet prince

>drop kick the dude out of a bathroom window
>still alive

>gets facepalmed into the floor
>dies

I thought kuze just knocked him out

Daisaku "KUZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" Kuze

Daisaku "How'd I get that bike to the fight" Kuze

Daisaku "Grip on my troops is quite loose" Kuze

>playing outrun against electronics king
>have to get 5 million points
>never got past 4 million on last run(this run is legendary)
>do as I always did go right at intersections
>6 2/5ths million points
>mfw

>Only pool shots and nine catfights left till the platinum

ALMOOOSSTTT THEERREEE

Any tips for climax battle? I'm two chapters away from beating this on legend difficulty and only have the climax battles left afterwards.

Daisaku "I gotta teach this fucking kid a lesson" Kuze

play solo for pool and miss on purpose to place the white ball anywhere

Anyone here play Ishin? Is it a drag to play with the Khh guide? I wanted to import it.

are we ever going to see yakuza 3,4 or 5 on the ps4?
I really don't want to buy a ps3 just for them

Ishin? More like Ishit.

Proving Grounds are the hardest round overall, most of them Majima's. When you have to get 30 million against the Areshi crew, just keep doing the square and three triangle combo over and over, try and hit more than one of them in each combo and DON'T GET HIT. The longer you get hits on them without getting hit the quicker your money scales. Their down counter instantly brings your money bonus down to zero so be extra careful, it's super frustrating but quick when you get a good run going.

For the one where you have to fight enemies while suffering from all three drug effects pick up the Marlin cannon in Thug style and use heat actions when your heat gauge is maxed out for the damage boost. Use the nunchaku combos when you're in Slugger, use the lowest Breaker spinning top combo move to build heat, use the triple takedown heat action whenever you can, and the crotch kick one when you can't. The less damage you take the more time you have to work with.

Millionaire 2 is frustrating due to the lack of space, try baiting Mr. Shakedown into charging you in the alleyway corners where you have more room. For the two puzzle stages where you have ten seconds to kill all enemies, kill the shotgun guy with Kiryu and use it with it, with Majima go straight for the cannon hidden behind the barrels.

Ultimate Battle 2 is the hardest Climax Battle in the game, all three bosses have maxed out health, take off a quarter of your health in a full combo and Majima has no health recovery heat action like Kiryu. Practice with God Hands till you can beat him with almost no health loss, stick to Thug style, only use heat actions with your gauge maxed for the damage boost. With Nishitani and Sera use grab environmental heat actions and down heat actions on them early on before their heat mode kicks in. Apart from that use quickstep attacks to build heat and wear them down. Be especially careful of Sera's dodge counters, wait for him to attack before you quickstep attack.

It's pretty easy with the guide. Really fun game too.

Someone post the money fan heat

Slash wave>magical shower
youtube.com/watch?v=LmPDTFMfX_E

Is outrun 2 good?

EHEHEHEHEHEHEH

YEHOOOOOOO

HEH HEH

AYYYE BOY

SO DES

I literally almost tore my controller in half because of this retarded mini game. I've never felt this mad at a game in a long fucking time.

Fuck catfights, and fuck the trophies tied to that bullshit.

OOOOOHHH NOOOOOOO

That fucking crunch makes my dick twitch every time

>If Nishki and Kiryu had remained as close as they were in Zero, nothing could have stopped them
>mfw pretty much everything about them in Yakuza 1

Those weeb bastards are gonna pay for shaking down my ride!

kiwami is going to hurt this summer

stop caring about trophies

> nu-gamers having trouble getting a measly 5mil points in the arcade games

This is the type of shit that makes me realize I don't belong here anymore

If you can't 1cc Outrun you're fucking casual

I can on the actual machine.

the game was made with a steering wheel not a stick

I did Real Estate quicker than Club Sunshine. I beat Mr. Shakedown too many times and used Miracle until Media Kings area.

youtube.com/watch?v=x8LZ2GqzOSA

>play Yakuza 1 on PS2
>expect a big HYPE battle with Nishiki
>it was sad as fuck with a chill ass song
>that ending

How do I learn mahjong? Yakuza 2 btw

Pish posh applesauce, get good junior

Why? So I can be finished with a game and shelf it? Why not go for trophies to get more playtime out of games? It still doesn't change the fact that the catfights is retarded, and is needed to get all the CP the game offers.

Can someone help me with this emulation bullshit? Trying to emulate Yakuza 2 and anytime I go over native res something fucks up. Not enough to break the game, just enough to be annoying; depending on settings the game either has black lines like ace combat or the cutscenes look like someone smeared vaseline all over the screen.

Im doing that now

let mr shakedown kill me on legendary then kill him using slime guns so I get double my money + 1x because of the perk mr shakedowns deep pockets

Grandpa, this isnt the gulf war please stop speaking gorrilla warfare.

Best girl? Yuki by far.

What's the highest you've leveled Dragon/Mad Dog styles to?

Jun Oda died like a bitch and I liked that

The computer in 2 is a fucking cocksucking cheater and will ream your ass until you puke dora tiles. If you're going for the HD trophy pick the easy table and pray you get lucky for four rounds without too many losses, if you're doing the substory needed for the photon blade get super lucky and clutch out a win somehow with one really big hand. If you're just trying to get the info you need out of the guy in the Osakan mahjong parlor in Chapter 2 either do the favor for him instead or just pay him in full if you have the cash. Mahjong doesn't get halfway fair until Kenzan and 3.

Level 999.

There was a video of Amon getting beaten with one heat move.

WHADDAFUCK

There are 3 suits, 1 through 9
There are honor tiles consisting of wind directions and dragon tiles.

There are four copies of each tile.

Make four sets of triplets and or sequences of 3, plus one pair. Keep your hand closed unless you know scoring hands (DON'T TAKE DISCARDS).
A closed hand will always be a scoring hand.

There is a player wind and a table wind if you can match either with a triplet great, otherwise usually drop wind tiles.

Do take a discard if you can make a dragon triplet. Or a wind triplet that matches your wind or the tables.
This guarantees you a scoring hand. Steal all you want after that.

Pay attention to other players discarded tiles. You can't make a triplet if two of the tiles are already discarded for example.

For Yakuza Zero you will also need a straight flush. 1 through 9 in the same suit plus a triplet and a pair.

You'll also need a Riichi Ippatsu. Press square if you think you are close to a winning hand to call Riichi. You'll get it eventually.

Play at the easy tables for everything but the 10 million. For that play at the hard table.

Holy shit this is easy.

Are you retarded? Or just deaf?

Holy fuck I gotta see that

The video is not there anymore on youtube. The guy used the Majima Nunchaku heat action.

Shit that sucks, I wish they didn't force you to hold down the button to upgrade point by point every single time, it makes upgrading so fucking tedious

Did you get the encounter finder?

I kind of thought they were going to go the "Oda goes down guns blazing in a final act of redemption" route but nope, he basically pussies out and gets put out of his misery courtesy of Keiji "Putting fags in body bags" Shibusawa.

Of course.

I wish there was a auto feature assign to square. Press square to level everything up in the Legend style one go.

jesus fucking christ

playing yakuza 5 here

it took me the time i would finish 2 modern games to finish CHAPTER 3 only.

the new character has such a good story. his money problems hit too close to home

>Wait till you meet Leo the trainer.

Lately theres been people shitting on 5 but Kiryus and Shinadas chapters make up the game.

The only truely stupid things is akiyama being shoehorned(and sucking), haruka revealing she had yakuza ties and sajima going to prison again.

You can even argue that haruka quitting being an idol happened because she didnt actually want o do it, only was bullied into it to fufill ms park shachou's dreams.

Fucking shinadas loan shark was even a bro and kiryus chapoter brought manly tears.

>Awano is one of the most charismatic motherfuckers in the entire game
>they let him die like a bitch because of that scrotum faced chink