Tfw I really want to like the Switch but I can't justify paying $70 for a pro controller

>tfw I really want to like the Switch but I can't justify paying $70 for a pro controller
Should I just buy a PS4 Pro?

Why buy a pro? It is only a ever so slightly better working ps4.
Better off just having a slim.

>tfw can't afford a new console
>really want to play BOTW for the feels

I don't see devs wanting to optimize for the original PS4. TLG is a good example of this actually. Also doesn't Nioh run at 1080p 60 on the Pro?

Why not just use the controller dock it comes with?

So far they haven't been "optimizing" for the pro either. So what's the point?
Nobody is shooting for 60fps. It's all about that resolution right now.

its a $450 machine

There's a boost mode on the pro which increases the framerate in any game that doesn't have a framerate limiter.

Battlefield performs a lot better, load times are better in Bloodborne, Nioh hits 60FPS, FF14 is supposed to be getting a 60FPS PS4 Pro patch soon too.

D E S Y N C
E
S
Y
N
C

you dont have to make a decision right now. they are already sold out. and the walk ins will be gone as soon as the stores open. you probably have 2-3 months before they restock unless you plan on camping out in the morning.

I'd rather have a solid 30 than have the frame rate all over the place.
Looks very uncomfortable, especially for extended play. Why couldn't the Pro controller be included with the Switch?
Was planning on buying the Pro or Switch around late March anyways. Do you think it will be around then?

All jokes and memes aside, can someone give me a quick rundown on the origin of this meme?

I've seen the original live-action one posted too but I don't know the source

>Was planning on buying the Pro or Switch around late March anyways. Do you think it will be around then?
if its like the wii launch probably not.

>There's a boost mode on the pro which increases the framerate in any game that doesn't have a framerate limiter.
It barely if at all works. no a significant enough change to the games it works for to fucking matter.
Like 2-4 fps gained if that.
>I'd rather have a solid 30 than have the frame rate all over the place.
That's the thing. You won't. Not aon the slim and not on the Pro. They pro will force a higher resolution making the FPS dip. the boost mode is negligible.

It all literally doesn't matter.

Native PC support finally sold it for me. It's still very expensive, but I'm going to bite now.

It's from Manchester by the Sea. Casey Affleck's character tries to blow his brains out at a police station after accidentally starting a house fire that kills his three children.

If you haven't seen the film yet, don't read the previous paragraph.

>Pro will force a higher resolution making the FPS dip
Wasn't that only with TLoU? It got fixed in the end. Also most games come with a 1080p option so I'm not really worried about that. Do you own a pro perchance?

I had that question actually, how much more powerful is the pro compared to the regular PS4? I heard it has more cpu power and graphical power but I don't know if future games will go pro only.

it eliminates the stuttering in evil within which is a huge improvement. pop in with battlefield is also gone. that's a huge improvement too in multiplayer.

If you don't know what to get then wait until the Switch is out and you see how well it performs for its Zelda game. If you don't like it then get the pro. You can get a Pro whenever you want anyway the Switch is going to be hard as fuck to get initially. Does anyway one how many units were shipped to the U.S? My guess is less than 1 million because they're going full autistic and doing 2 million for the entire planet.

joy con grip should be fine

Have you played the evil within before the pro?
It was a god damn mess and got patched every other day for like 5 months. You sure not one of those patches and DLC's fixed that problem you think the pro solved?

Does anyone*.

I do own a pro.
I thought I would get it and give one of my family members my old Ps4 as a gift. Should have just given them a Ps4 slim.

Yeah I don't mind waiting but it fucking sucks that so much external shit is needed. I'll probably wait until Splatoon 2 is out before I pick one up.

the pro has a overclocked cpu and a GPU that's twice as fast

sony said that there will never be pro exclusive games. all pro games must work on the original ps4, but that doesn't mean that developers will focus on the original ps4. in other words, original ps4 owners will have worse performance/visuals than ps4 pro, but at least it still plays.

I tested it myself with the boost feature on/off. Boost on eliminates the bad frame pacing and improves the framerate. You will notice it more while playing in person rather than looking at online videos.

It is basically the same damn thing but can get a better resolution. so a ever so slightly better processor basically.

What other problems do you have with it?

The thing is I have no problems with it.
I just believe It wasn't worth the money for how very little of a improvement it is.

I see. Would it be worth for someone who has never owned a PS4 though?

If you are hung up on "4k" bullshit then yeah sure.
Otherwise any other ps4 is a better choice.