Overwatch just got game of the year at GDC, thoughts?

Overwatch just got game of the year at GDC, thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VscdPA6sUkc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who fucking cares

Isn't GDC meant to be just a conference for... game development? Why's it doing awards ceremonies?

I like the game, and even I don't give a fuck.

award shows are always bullshit, especially game awards.

Only the game you like doesn't win.

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR
THE LAB WAS ROBBED

k

Who won the waifu of the years award.

Definitely not that haggard prostitute.

Rude.

For what? Best selling and marketing? The game is ok, but doesn't strike me as anything special tech-wise.

Drop the fucking char trailer now

People still give a fuck about GDC?

isn't GDC the massive sjw cry in where they hold power point conferences about how problematic and racist modern gaming is?

you dont win game of the year for tech

>game developer conference

Let's just ignore the D in GDC I guess.

And they didn't win it for gameplay, writing, or design either because Overwatch sucks at all of that.

Are you old enough to be here, user?

nigger, they gave NMS the award for innovation

Considering all the shit thats been going on at GDC this year, im not suprised, it was a shitshow through and through.

As long as nobody else gives them best audio I don't give a fuck

To be fair, their style of bullshitting consumers was pretty innovative.

Innovations in marketing

Hello Games reached a new level of hype train the industry will try and abuse for years to come.

Pretty much. No surprise that a conference that hands out name tags for your preferred pronouns is praising a game with such a "diverse" cast as Overwatch.

Post cool GDC talks!

Here's David Brevik doing a post-mortem of Diablo 1

youtube.com/watch?v=VscdPA6sUkc

xd nice Pol ,ememe, hidler? .>>>the donaldtdrumptf

because Sup Forums never referred to being cheated out of money as being Jewed before Sup Forums existed, amirite?

I like cheese.

THANKS FOR THE AWARD GUYS WE JUST WANT TO REMIND YOU THAT ALLL BODY TYPES EXIST AND WE ARE HERE FOR DIVERSITY! REMEMBER WE HAVE MORE VIRTUE SINGLING IN OUR GAME COMING SOON! SO KEEP PLAYING AND BUYING THOSE SHITTY FUCKING BOXES FOR SHITTY FUCKING DISNEY SKINS!

Fist day huh?

This. Overwatch is as barebones as a game can be.

Its marketed really well, it has a lot of polish too. But it literally has no real content or substance. It did not deserve game of the year by any stretch.

"TF2, but with Waifus" is unironically still the best summary of Overwatch I've seen

Who even still plays this game? I got bored of it within the first week. Every time I come back it's still boring.

The industry would love to cut labor costs by procedurally generating content.

Just shows that this award has been given by people that haven't played this game extensively. Don't get me wrong, it's a good and polished game, but some of the balance and design choices are abyssmal and made me not want to play for like two months now. When I was in denial phase I didin't want to admit how shit Blizzard at balancing is, but they also proved that with Hearthstone (Yes, I know there are different teams working on those games).

Are you?

The amount of fucks I've given to both the GDC and IGF Awards has been decreasing by the year, putting it even lower than most other GOTY content. If not determined by which game has the most SJW appeal, it's whichever dev has the most friends among the judging body.

That's how mediocre game Firewatch gets nominated in half the categories and wins "Best Narrative" despite the story falling apart in the third act that makes it look like the devs ran out of time and money.

inb4 >gdc

I'm just really confused about the line of reasoning people are going through to somehow decide Overwatch was GOTY. It was a juggernaut but sales, playerbase, etc. shouldn't be what's considered when talking GOTY. I assumed GDC was above that kind of marketing-driven awards stuff.

>this is how judging works at GDC

Damn goty for making a soulless TF2 clone, awesome

Its on the Internet so it must be true

Isn't that the game that ripped off Undertale?

IGF has been a joke for a long time now

>western
>waifu

Uh the other category they won was for Best Design, so...

wow, how progressive