en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360
youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4
ps4playstation4.com/PS4-Backwards-Compatability
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*kicks it back up*
Back to the false flagging war with you

xbox

those are nice looking consoles

PS3 got better and better towards the end of it's life cycle, the 360 lost most of its first party support after 2010 when Kinect came out.

360 started off strong and PS3 ended strong.
There was tons and tons of worthwhile shit to play across 10 years, stop bitching.

I highly suggest you start snapping up PS3 and 360 games NOW before they get eviscerated from the market and get marked up like PS1/N64 games.

pc.

but its clearly fucking ps3 anyone that says otherwise is probably just an amerimonkey rock sucking retard that needs set on fire and crucified and should be ignored and classified as a subhuman like all amerishits are

>buying xbox

ps3 with no doubt. Blu ray player, better exclusives (if you arent some shooter shitter) worse contoller but theres plenty of 3rd party xbox clone ones out there.

For years I went with the PS3. Then toward the end of the console cycle, I got it into my head that I wanted to play the Fable series and they're not all available on PC. So, I went out, bought a 360 and got to it.

Only to discover that the 360's HDMI port was blocked by a piece of plastic. It turned out that Microsoft did this deliberately so you'd buy their funky shaped cord to bypass it, even though it was a standard port. I lol'd, clipped the plastic off and used it anyhow.

Then I discovered that the 360 wasn't backwards compatible with the XBox and I needed to buy a separate harddrive to play the original Fable. I just assumed since my PS3 played all my PS2 and PS1 games that the 360 would follow suit.

I'd just about reached my wit's end with this fucking machine, but the Fable series was pretty great the first playthrough. After, I decided to keep the 360 around to watch Netflix on.

It was then that I discovered you needed a paid 360 gold account to use Netflix on that machine. I just assumed that using the app I was already paying for was free like it was on the PS3. At that point I decided Fable wasn't worth the replay and I got rid of the 360 without ever looking back.

Easily the worst video game console I've ever owned.

found the 12 year old

Wii.

That cash, baby

ps3 has actual good exclusives which are the main reason to own consoles, so ps3

wii was better than both

The PS3 is still garbage and has no games

Doesnt matter. Worst gen since pre nes

ps4/one/wiiu was (is) worse

Anyone have must play list for PS3? Just got one, not sure what to play. Have 360 before.
t.pkek

just google the Sup Forums recommended website

Paying for gold was worth it just to have Party Chat

Could be. Must be a correlation with graphics

well GC/ps2/xbox was the best gen so no

PS3 pros
- Fat/Slim high quality
- higher storage
- Blu ray
- Better exclusives
- above average/decent HD remasters from PS2

Cons:
-Expensive
-2006 and 2007 were terrible years
-Dual Shock 3 was a bad controller
-PSN store slow after the update
-Super slim was a cheap tawainese plastic. No one bought but still...
Pros:
- Lost Odyssey
- better controller
- better online
- better multiplats

Cons:
- hardware failure
- Halo, Gears, Halo, Gears, Halo, Gears
- some good japanese games didn't make to the west
- the list of backward compatibility was not long and only half-dozen games are worth and even less don't suffer from frame rate issue/glitch
-Kinect

WINNER: TIE

>This game isn't backwards compatible on Xbox One
REEEEEEE

>better controller

not with that atrocious D-pad

A lot of this is untrue

t. Idort

fair enough but I still can't forgive sony for not improving the DS3.

Thankfully the DS4 is 1000000000000000000000x better.

Party chat was the good shit last gen. The multiplayer experience on my ps3 felt massively inferior to my xbox because of basic things like no private party chat

Also original Xbox games could be played on the 360 (with an update) whereas PS3 had no such thing for PS2 games.

I liked them both

>Also original Xbox games could be played on the 360
>the list of backward compatibility was not long and only half-dozen games are worth and even less don't suffer from frame rate issue/glitch

t.I didn't read the post

except it did, full BC before 2009

xbox. bigger community, better os, miles better controller, better performance on every multiplat

by the end the ps3 got good exclusives though

>Slowly but surely climbed its way into profitability

PS3
>Sony took a 250-300 dollar loss on every unit, tanked their revenue so hard it never recovered.
>Still billions in the red
>Blu-ray got demolished by Netflix anyway

Then again, the RROD was pretty fucking embarrassing.

>the list of backward compatibility was not long

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Already happening to games like demon's souls and Catherine

All of the profit from the PSX and PS2 gone in a blink of the eye and the whole industry just fucking watched.

Uh... they could
I spent another hundred hours playing Morrowind on my 360

Then why's they drop it?

Ps3 was a enormous turd with no games. It's still a mistery to me how it sold nearly the same as 360

Infamous sucks
Tlou is a movie
Killzone sucks
Resistance sucks
GoW is boring

Am I missing anything? Everyone knows multiplats are where the action is.

the funny part is that even for $599 PS3 was sold at a loss

The CPU ("Cell") was more expensive than 2 xbox 360s.

>Infamous sucks
>Killzone sucks

Because playstation was a recognized brand in pretty much every country everywhere. Ps3 sold well in like 20+ major countries whereas xbox only really sold well in about 5 with the US and UK being the main ones.

>why did they drop it

FIVE HUNDRED AND NINTY NINE US DOLLARS

Explain yourself

Sony e3 2006 wasn't even that bad but this edit is top notch
youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4

1/10 for getting me to reply.
Try harder next time.

the first ps3 model could play ps2 games because they basically put a ps2 into the console
it was fat and fucking expensive

Oh wow
I remember it being $999 here

Who here wasted 500 dollars in a Xbone in 2013?
I actually had to sell the kinect for a disabled kid for 29 dollrars

Never played infamous but he's right about killzone. It was made as a playstation halo competitor and flopped hard. It doesn't even come close to halo.

ps2 and ps1 games

The more recent models can only play ps1 games

>It doesn't even come close to halo.
The only good halo is halo 3. It's the most overreated video game in the history of video games.

>exclusives
ps3
>everything else

I haven't tried PS1, 2 and 3 games on the PS4. Are any of the BC?

i dont think so.

>The only good halo is halo 3.

Can't tell if trolling or legit stupid reddit contrarian

ps4playstation4.com/PS4-Backwards-Compatability

>Sadly, Sony announced at the February 2013 unveiling of the PlayStation 4 that the console would not be compatible with any past PlayStation 1, 2 or 3 disc-based games.

Ah yes, what an excellent console

>Buying a console for back-compat when you probably already have the older consoles

I have a PS1 and a PS2. Not even sure if the PS1 works anymore.

Thinking about getting a PS4, because while I love my PC, it has no hope of playing anything requiring an i3 or above.

360 by far

First models
Ps3 > 360 (as in xenon/zephyr/opus/falcon)

Second models
360 (slim) > Ps3 > 360 (Jasper)
Slim and Jasper are reliable and close enough to be the same. You get the same results from both, one just has a nicer aesthetic

Third models
Everyone loses but 360 > Ps3 because you can still mod it while Ps3 superslim cannot

Dev hardware (entering autism zone)
360 (xna devkit) > Ps3 (decha00a) > Ps3 (devkit gen 1) > 360 (devkit/test kit) Ps3 (devkit gen 2) > Ps3 (dech2xxx-4xxx)

>multiplats / console only multiplats
xbox 360

>exclusives
PS3

undisputed fact

bullshit, i had a ps3 and it was the shittiest console i ever owned. nothing but anime trash and sonys cinematic progressive games. sold that piece of shit

It was even worse in hindsight

>Versus 13 didn't come out until 10 years later
>Agent never came out

I'd choose Playstation since the only 360 exclusive I like is Fable 2. I don't care for Halo.

Anime games

And Metal Gear Solid