Redpill me on F4

Redpill me on F4

it's a 4/10 that tricks you into thinking it's a 6/10

A prime example of why a voiced protag will kill RPG's

Full of disappointment

it's a fun game but just a meh fallout game

I'd rather eat my own testicles than play it again.

Bethesda don't give a fuck and the game still sold 20m.

That's if they put it in all of a sudden
Mass effect 1 and 2 were fine
> yes 2 was fun

it's a good key to press along with alt

Extremely average open world first person shooter in every single aspect. The RPG elements have been cut to streamline the game to a general audience so now it's basically on the same level as far cry 3 in terms of being an RPG.

There's still one worse Fallout game.

They ditched lore in favor of survival crafting bullshit. Combat is pretty good.

The voiced protagonist is in fact, very annoyig.

Mass effect is not an rpg tho

or, if you're not an autist and love having a good time... its an 8/10

You can polish this joke and it will land better.
The intent is pretty good.

It's a great game definitely worth buying together with the season pass for those fantastic expansions.

As a fairly normie motherfucker who played it...

The standard campaign is 6/10 max. It fucking bleeds half assed miss potential. Everything about it screams how little effort was put into it.

All the DLC bumps it up to 7. It's still depressing

you can build your own airship if you fuck around with stairs and the fact stuff doesn't fall after you placed it.

sadly the rest of the game leaves much to be desired.

>redpill unironically, outside Sup Forums
who are all these newfags??

>captcha: pick mountain til none left, one left...its a mountain...its a mountain...its a mountain
if you are trying to drive me insane google you are too late.

They REALLY REALLY need better writers. The main quest is retarded and boring as fuck.
>Have to avenge a wife you dont care about
>Save a child you dont care about

Fuck of Todd.

Vanilla and console version= 6/10

Modded PC version= 8/10

main campaign is bad, like really bad, the worst aspect of the game

dialogues are bad to, not as bad as the main quest, but still pretty barebone

combat is pretty good, defnitely a step up from falllout 3

atmosphere is really good as well, but thats aspected from a bethesda games (they always suck either on writing or combat but they atleast know how to build a open world that has a great atmosphere)

if you play it like me, just wandering alone and looking at locations, it can be pretty good game that satisfy you adventure lust, but if you like games because of story and writing, stay away from it

tldr

its basically fallout 3 + skyrim but better combat system

No, even mods don't make.it better. Plus all the talent avoided it.

you can mod on console too you know...

How about
It is a fun key to press if you are holding down alt.

That wasn't even the bad part. They may be shallow reasons for you to start your adventure, but most infuriating was everything else. Especially the institute. Their motives for doing the things they did was as empty and bland as their headquarters. The only interesting faction was a complete let down once you actually get to the institute. They're so bad. Not to mention the laughably stupid Railroad faction that valued synth life over actual humans and your left with a far shittier BoS than any other as the best option.

That's not even including those forgettable side quests, towns with bland unremarkable people and basically you're left with walking around and shooting things as the only mildly interesting thing and there are plenty of shooters out there.

Fallout 4 isn't just a bad Fallout game, it's a bad game in general. Insultingly bad.

quite accurate

Worst game I've ever played. I'd rather play Max Payne on the Gameboy than this shit again.

With some mods and imagination you can make it out to be a proper radiation survival sim.

>no f4se

There is no why.

Fallout 4 is not an RPG.

>play on PC
>play on Survival mode
>mod in 4x damage multiplier both ways
>get Darker Nights
>get some settlement building mods if you want
>turn off all HUD elements except health bar

Enjoy an objectively fun shooter with fucktonnes of exploring/collecting.

Get some interior lighting mods too.

No its not, can you play dressup , use various weapons, have companions with own storylines etc no so eat shit

It's like shaking hands with an old friend.

That sentence in of itself will tell you if you will enjoy it or not.

The game play is marginally improved over Fallout 3, Boxes actually tell you their contents before you click to open them, so you're not rummaging through a room of;
>Box
>open
>Coffee mug, Coffee mug
>Box
>open
>Bent tin can, Burnt magazine.

But the gameplay is relatively hollow. The majority of missions are, go to X and kill everything. Which is fine at first, but when you want to do something different, or try pacifist runs becomes nigh impossible (but people do still manage it).

Voice acting with human looking models led to fewer conversation tree options. 10 choices gives way to 4 at most, with the vast amount being "Tell me more about X", and then auto-accepting missions. Missions which lead to "Go here, kill everything, return", and often lock you out of other choices.

The crafting is fun, if that's your thing. Same as Settlement building. But if you don't want that, then the infuriating nature of random weapon drops can cause you to just want to speed run it.

So when you do focus purely on the centre story line, you'll get pushed down one of three factions (fuck railroad) and limited endings. There's almost no sequence breaking, regardless of if you know where Kellog is and want to go kill him. And missions often have one side to them. There's no "Give a companion to the white glove society to eat" resolutions.

But people still play it, and love it, and mod it. To the extent it's got mods on consoles. Hardly radical now, but if you wanted to mod Fallout 3 or New Vegas, that was a PC only thing.

So it's more of the same, just prettier. For better or worse.

Yes, this as well. At least the interior fog remover.

Have you played played frost and if so, Is it any good? I kinda feel like reinstalling Fallout 4 to mod it but I'm not sure.

its a solid 8/10 game
-fun gameplay
-ok story
-shit dialogue options
-shit weapon design

don't let these memesters meme you into thinking it's anything below that

As an aside, when I first played Fallout 3 back in 08 I remember the one thing I wanted, more than anything, was a weapon modding system.

I got that in fallout 4. I got that in spades. And an armour crafting system, a Robot crafting system, and a Settlement crafting system.

What I didn't realise I wanted, was streamlining. From searching containers, to a hidden cover system (poke out from behind walls with iron-sights), to becoming a pack rat whenever I see aluminum and desk fans.

Always remember that Oblivion and Skyrim came out on the same consoles. Xbox 360, PS3 and the PC. And over the life of those systems, radical changes happened between those games. Jesus christ, no one gave a Fuck about Oblivion, and Skyrim took off thanks to the influx of Beards and Game of Thrones into pop culture.

Who knows what the next Fallout will be like, or the 5th game in the franchise. All I know is, if it's anything like the change between the elder scrolls, it'll hit like a freight train.

>But Sup Forums will still hate it.

Exists so people can say Fallout 3 and Skyrim is better

I haven't played FO4 before, but the parts that look fun to me are
>Power Armor
>Weapon modding
>BoS back to being jerks with PA and energy weapons

Things that immediately turn me off
>Static voiced protagonist
>Pipeguns look like shit
>Any faction not the Brotherhood
>Energy cells for Power Armor
>T-60 Power Armor
>Minutemen

>terrible world building
>gutted RPG elements
>gamebryo
>bad DLCs
>tacky settlement system
>low amount of unique weapons
>terrible story, writing, dialogue and characters as usual for Bethesda

The shooting is nice but that part of the game was handled by id software so I can't compliment Bethesda on that.

You just come to a location, shoot some things, and that's it. That's all there is to it, all the superflous shit like modding, settlements and what have you were deliberately put in there to cover for NO GAMEPLAY

It isn't, good, or bad, it's literally Far Cry 3 Fallout themed mod.

It's obvious they pushed this shit out to make up for TESO being complete shit in the numbers department.

It's okay. Gameplay is satisfying enough. If you look customizing your character, their home, and their gear then there's loads for you.
If Bethesda has managed to master something, it's creating an open world with a lot of hidden depth and detail; probably better than any other dev.
Writing is meh. Story is meh. Characters can be a mixed bag. Enemies are varied enough.
Half way through the game you can choose to team up with 1 of 4 factions.
As with any Bethesda game, the modding scene adds hours upon hours of new life.

>were deliberately put in there to cover for NO GAMEPLAY
and also the shit story, bad main quest design, and predictable plot twist.

it's like they didn't want you to do the main quest.

>Fallout 4
>open world with a lot of hidden depth and detail

>a lot of hidden depth and detail

le wacky teddy bears/skeletons in le wacky positions/outfits.

far harbor was better than the main game, but that's not too difficult to do

>crafting
No more good unique weapons. Crafting isn't even necessary as you'll get the good shit as loot. It's meaningless and a waste of time. I would say it's a waste of perks but 90 percent of the perks are pointless trash anyway.

>Armor
The power armor crafting was cool, the crafting for the ugly shit you wore was not cool. It all looked like shit.

>Settlement bullshit
The biggest joke in the game. Pointless and meaningless is FO4 in just about every regard, but this one takes the cake. I know there are people that enjoy this garbage, but couldn't they have at least made it so buffing up defenses meant something? Some kind of minigame where you actually gave a shit about settlements and wether or not people died?

This game is so amazingly half assed in every way it's unbelievable people can give it any praise. It's completely unbelievable.

I found it really repetitive and boring. I played it for way more than I should have simply because it's a Fallout game and the only cool thing I found was Curie's quest.
I don't know if it gets better later on but I shouldn't have to hunt for decent content.

The HUD is hideous and looks like it was slapped together 20% before finalisation in paint.

I hate it even more than Fallout 3. I didn't think it was possible but they managed it.

it's worse than fallout 3 and new vegas.

fallout 4 has no depth whatsoever

The game does feel incredibly lazily done. All the loot is the same and all the quests are the same.
Doesn't matter which container you open or where, it'll contain some trash so you can craft your own epic minecraft base and a pipe pistol.
Judging by the amount of radiant quests, Todd seems to think that quantity > quality. Too bad radiant quests add nothing to the game, because who'd want to do the same quest over and over again only with a slightly different objective?

>zero impactful choices
>consolified dialogue system with all 4 choices being yes
>voiced protagonist
>preset backstory
>meh shooter mechanics
>like 2 interesting quests

you have objectively terrible taste.

Wow various weapons. How fucking incredible. There are 13 companions. Of those, 5 have a single companion quest. The rest have nothing. Wow incredible storylines.

>you play dressup
Wow you can play as a woman and make her wear slutty clothes while you drool at her, what a great substitute for actual good gameplay.

Go play Fo1, 2, NV or even 3 and then come back and talk. Or even just go play any other decent RPG ever you fucking normie.

>The game does feel incredibly lazily done.
>all the quests are the same.

Diamond City to Goodneighbour area has THREE radio-themed quests, that just start and end where they begin. No one, at no point during the production or design, said "Hey, may'be we should offer the player some variety here, and maybe somehow connect these quests that have the same THEME with one another".

Think about it, let that sink in.

Imagine if in Falllout 2 the only way to get Vic out was to Kill Metzger. Fix the Poseidon Powerplant? Kill The Ghouls. Get into Vault City? Kill the guards. Resolve the broken hills conflict? Kill only one side.

This game is fucking insulting on so many levels.

>Sup Forums will still hate it
Because it's an open world shooter with survival elements instead of an RPG.

Well, isn't it funny how most quests are just go to X and kill all Y with no other possible outcomes, but the enemy level scaling is broken like in Oblivion so that enemies just become incredibly resistant bullet sponges at higher levels.

Legit can't tell if this guy is trolling or really is an underage retard

There was plenty of things it could have done better but it's a perfectly fine game. People only hate on it so hard because they want to look like they've got good taste and only play 'real' games, this thread for instance.

Actually people hate it so hard because its a bad shooter mixed with a bad rpg

Yeah, the game punishes you for leveling up and taking """"perks"""", which are just permanent status buffs since they're not connected to any stat or skill really.

Since leveling up is piss easy, after a IRL day of exploration the game will turn into a roguelike on Survival, since even basic riders will be one-shotting you with their pipe rifles.

The worst part is there was a lot of potential for genuinely great things. The robot race track or the battle arena could have been cool fiend hang outs. Instead they all just go hostile right away.

It's a fucking bummer how low FO4 set the bar in lazy half assed game design.

>mixed with a bad rpg

there is no RPG in it atll, like a lot people said it has a Far Cry 3-style character unlocks, that doesn't make it an RPG since you can't, you know, ROLEPLAY.

The actual worst part is that the game still sold well and Todd will just make the next Fallout even worse and more simplified. They'll probably just have a "find your mom" main quest next time and all other quests are radiant quests.

A massive disappointment.

>fun gunplay for a bit until you notice most guns feel the same
>big world, lots of space, but no depth whatsoever
>filled with radiant quests, an utter cancer brought about by mixing MMORPG with RPGs
>filled with fetch quests with no story
>about 3 places of major interest - the rest is all settlements, which you fill with nameless NPCs
>all dungeons follow the same outline
>roleplaying has been essentially removed from the game with very little player choice involved

I can go on.

F:NV > F2 > F4 + season pass (far harbor and nukaworld actualy redeem this piece of shit a little) >= F3 > F1

There is a considerable gap between F4 and F2 though.

Too large, too boring
5/10

Why would you have a cool fiend hangout if the game has no Karma or Reputation system and you cannot RP a morally ambiguous character unless you just start killing NPC's, to which the NPCs in other places won't react.

They just didn't care.

I forgot to mention that they removed skills and replaced the dialogue system with a four-choice system that doesn't allow for any interesting information to be learned whatsoever. You have a positive choice, a negative choice, a questioning choice, and a sarcastic choice. Are you kidding me?

not considering f2 and 1 together shows how much you're talking out of your ass

Anybody else imagine it's just todd in a huge building developing the game alone smugly

>Worst game I've ever played.
Then either you have played pitifully few games, or have an enviable memory.

le its a good game it just isn't a good fallout game

It's amazing that people are actually defending this game. It isn't even a good game, let alone a good Fallout game.

I'm convinced that Todd and Hynes just don't understand what Fallout is supposed to be about. I mean they didn't process the IP they got on their hands correctly.

Bethesda's Fallouts are sooooooo fucking surface level. With Fallout 4 being legit intelligence insulting at numerous times.

Which is why, i strongly suspect, they Jewed Obsidian out of a bonus because of 1 point on a score, just to spite them for completely understanding it. It's like George Lucas not showing up for Irwin Kirshner's funeral - same fucking situation right here.

You think so? I liked how minimal it was if you take off the compass. Just numbers and a bar made it look kinda retro imo

>just let the mod authors fix it