Why don't Witcher just make this

Why don't Witcher just make this

I thought he did. Or did I misremember it?

>look, mom, I made this thread again!
>can't wait to see all those epic drawings people made...again!
>can't wait to hear how many people will tell me you can't forge this type of sword...again!
why do you fucking retards do this? what kick do you get out of this? is it the feeling of just laughing at idiots on a shitty board, and the feeling of knowing you're contributing to making this board shittier?

honestly just go fuck off

Do you know anything about metallurgy? Do you know anything about welding in general and forge-welding specifically? Do you know anything about thermal deformations, internal stresses and bimetals? Do you know why trying to bond two metals of drastically different specific heat capacity into a bimetal is fucking retarded?

The short answer is: you're fucking retarded.

But it works in my japanese anime.

It doesn't, not even anime is that retarded.

>not even anime is that retarded
m8...

He could have simply made a dual pronged blade, you know.

Is there a reason you can't melt steel and silver into liquids, mix them, and then make a steel-silver sword?

A sword made of silver is actually viable though, eh? Shitty bait

why not this anons??

you can dope the steel with silversword is as functional as normal but bam! magic silver flecks affect monsters. get fucked faggot.

You only need to name one to convince me.

Better question: why can't I just use the silver sword for everything? It's not like a sword being made a silver magically makes it incapable of killing mortals.

Because they have huge differences in melting and solidifying points, dumbass.

Silver and Iron are almost immiscible- 1% in the solid and liquid phase. Steel which is iron plus perhaps only 0.03% carbon and some manganese. You aren't going to able to mix much steel into silver or much silver to steel as a liquids or after it freezes. Any more than 1% of either and it will just separate.

Steel is already an alloy

Also something about carbon and steel fuck eachother up iirc

Why doesn't Geralt just dual-wield?

Why didn't he just use a silver sword? Are humans impervious to silver so that he needed a real one? What was even the purpose of having a regular sword?

Why didn't Geralt just wield a fucking gun?

No, you can create another alloy with an alloy. Stainless steel is steel (an alloy) mixed with a bit of chromium.

The problem is that the steel and silver will not chemically bond, and the steel and silver will essentially fall apart once you remove it from the cast.

silver is very soft and heavy

The original idea is that silver is too soft and fragile to be used against anyone wearing armor or parrying with another sword or shield. Which is 100% true, Silver is a very soft metal and certainly won't stand up to steel armor or a steel sword.

do we really need this thread again?

Yeah but you can totally do it ingame

>Is there a reason you can't melt steel and silver into liquids
Steel is an alloy with carbon and other elements, so what you want is an alloy of iron and silver. Problem is, the maximum amount of silver that alloys with iron is about 0,5-1%, which may or may not be enough to have an effect on monsters.

What if you had a silver sword with a weaponised steel scabbard thing? When you're fighting normal people, put the steel scabbard on and fight them. Take the scabbard off and fight with the silver blade underneath as needed.

Because that completely defeats the purpose of a scabbard in the first place, it would cut your legs up if you have it on your belt.

Also it would be too heavy.

How about a silver sword and a steel mace, because maces do crushing damage to get through the heavy armor that silver (and really swords in general) can't deal with.

Checkmate Witcher fags

Why do they even need a sword like that? It's not like they often if ever fight humans and monsters at the same time.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Because all the witchers that dual-wield died like bitch niggas.

Why didn't the Witcher just fucking die?

>a sword made of silver makes sense in the first place
Not that his idea is any less retarded but come on.

???

Its not solid silver, its silver edged with a meteorite steel core.

Actually silver, like copper, can be annealed into a decent weapon, Wouldn't advise you swing it at anything in bronze armor, though.

That's actually a weapon in bloodborne

The "silver sword" is just a silver dildo that can barely cut anything, but is very effective against monsters, because monsters fear silver in Witcher universe.

>Do you know why trying to bond two metals of drastically different specific heat capacity into a bimetal is fucking retarded?

Explain why soldering works then.

Wear it on your back or get another scabbard for your scabbard

>silver can't cut things
Is this real or am I being rused? By "soft " just how soft are you guys talking about? It's still metal right?

he's a witcher, he should be strong as fuck

just put that one in another scabbard

its that easy

i think witcher is a pretty cool guy. eh fugs bagina :DDD and doesn't afriad of anythings

Soft in comparison to other metal. As in, if you swung a silver sword against iron armor, your silver sword would be fucked because silver is way softer compared to iron.

>Explain why soldering works then.
Soft solder provides no mechanical strength. Such solder joints aren't meant to bear dynamic mechanical loads, dumbfuck. Silver soldering and brazing is outside of capabilities of anyone in the Witcher universe due to the high temperatures needed.

Silver can cut through things, yeah, but it's very low on the whatever-ts-called "hardness" scale for metals. It's vastly less useful than most other metals to the point it might as well be useless.

Unless your targets have some magical aversion to Silver and tend to be unarmored, like Witcher monsters do.

>what is an aliage

Why didn't Geralt craft a diamond sword like Minecraft and just fuck everything? Was he stupid and lame?

Then is there a certain amount of silver required for said magical aversion to be a thing?

Because if not couldn't a small amount of silver be used on a steel blade to the same effect while still being effective against armoured opponents?

If Geralt has a fullplate of silver armor, does that mean monsters are fucked?

Maybe, but does that mean he's fucked against human enemy since his armor is now weaker than steel?

And why we're at it, how does leather armor even work? Those are weaker than steel too.

>no Witcher school where they just wear full silver plate and punch monsters to death

he spawned in a swamp biome. not much he could do bro

Leather is soft and absorbs the force of the blow, but is thick and sturdy enough to not just get cut right through

>and certainly won't stand up to steel armor or a steel sword.
Neither will steel, and a silver sword that can kill some big fucking griffon or whatever can certainly kill you.

You don't fucking use solder for anything that would undergo any form of stress retard.

>thermal deformations, internal stresses and bimetals

Whoa dude leave some pussy for the rest of us

So hang on, let me get this straight.

Steel is better for armoured things because steel is stronger than silver.

Silver is better for magic things because silver kills magical things due to mgic.

So what if its an armoured magic thing? Then fucking what?

almost all the magic things are naked though since they're you know monsters. Shit like higher vampires even witchers don't fuck with.

What if it was something like a turtle monster though?

Beat them with your dick

Why not take the steel blade and then dip the blade in silver.

I mean it can be done.

poison, bomb, traps, witcher potato magic.

fork sword then

fag

stab it in the face

why doesnt he just use a gun and just switch ammo as needed?

they don't have guns on witcher planet

but user, its a V I D E O G A M E.

but they use bombs?

Witcher swords are made out of meteorite silver alloys which are presumably much stronger than straight up silver.

They haven't invented a way to fire bombs yet

>Witcher swords are made out of meteorite silver alloys which are presumably much stronger than straight up silver.
If that is true, then it's fucking retarded, because meteoric iron will not magically differ from regular iron obtained from regular iron ore in the sense that it will not be able to chemically bond and alloy with more than 0,5-1% of silver. If such small amounts of alloying silver element are enough to hurt monsters, then there's no problem of using such a sword against regular humans and their armor, since silver in such small quantities acts no different from copper and will not make an iron sword unsuitable to be used against soft armor.

And no, not even a sword made from ultra high carbon steel with great hardness will allow you to cut through metal armor, be it iron or steel armor, so the argument of using a silver or steel sword against iron or steel armor is retarded by definition and should not be taken into account.

Then you fucking suffer

a sword made out of Silver wouldnt work in the first place retard

Maybe it could be better in a form like this?

May not be practical to make in real life but its video games, not real life.

Why don't they just make bombs with a silver casing?
Even peasants could fight monsters with something like that.

How about this then?

Or combine OP's pic with this sword?

Or is it closer to a dagger/gladius?

Look asshole, it's metal from outer space. If you're too intelligent to accept how that makes it better than earth metal stop playing video games.

for u

they kinda do? moon dust bombs have silver in them I think, poisons the monsters and prevents them from using any of their skills

>throws bags of coins

So I guess we go for gold then after silver?

It would, dumbfuck. I could kill your retarded ass with a silver candlestick, let alone a pointy sword, that, while not being hard enough to punch through armor, would punch through your shit-eating guts with zero problems.

Seriously at that point theres no fucking reason to now just have two swords. In fact that basically turns your sword into a onesided blade, which is just shit.

is this sword even practical?

If you were a child your hands might be able to hold it and use it as a scimitar.

>Better question: why can't I just use the silver sword for everything? It's not like a sword being made a silver magically makes it incapable of killing mortals.

The steel sword isn't for killing men, though it is said that the witchers carry it for that purpose.

Some monsters can only be killed with steel and are unaffected by silver. Geralt states this in a inner monologue from a chapter in the The Last Wish book.

>get another scabbard for your scabbard

You do understand that solder is just there to provide a constant electrical contact right? It isn't meant to bear any loads, you illiterate monkey.

I love it when people understand material science. It makes me happy for some reason.

>In fact that basically turns your sword into a onesided blade, which is just shit.

Not if the two blades are fitted together tightly and interlock.

The coolest improbable fantasy sword is Severian's from The Book of the New Sun. It's a flat pointed executioner's blade, two handed with a mercury filled space running inside the fuller. It changes the center of gravity during a cut to give it more power.

btfo lol

lol why doesn't a witcher just get silver bones and claws like wolverine

Soft leather is ineffective as armour and purely a fantasy creation

That's just retarded and looks ugly

At that point you might use an axe, even when ignoring the whole improbable fantasy aspect

Witchers carry a sword made of silver and iron to fuck with magical threats.

This sword is ass if your opponent isn't the type to catch fire when they touch precious metals, so Witchers also carry a steel sword so they don't beat up their special sword when they're fighting normal foes.

This saves them from sharpening and replacing their incredibly valuable and difficult to maintain sword.

>Meteoric iron will not magically differ

Bitch the setting's fucking magic, Meteoric Iron could be fucking lightsaber and the world would still be consistent.

There's probably a way around it though.