Nintendo wants to sell 100 million Switch consoles

forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/02/04/the-president-of-nintendo-says-the-switch-may-sell-as-well-as-the-wii/

Do you think they will achieve their goal?

no

Not at $300 it won't.

lol

They'll be lucky to sell half that.

>$300
>no games

it might be marginally more successful than the wii u because the marketing has actually connected with consumers, but I'm not expecting much

It'll be a victory for nintendo if they can beat xbone sale of 30million

I want to be rich too.

Yeah a 300$ overheated tablet with ZERO worthy exclusives, sounds like a deal to me tbqh senpai

>One hundred million Switch units

This is about as delusional as those Pokemon Sun/Moon mission goals. Ueu.

Good luck with that, I suppose.

want not will

I highly doubt that.
60 million is their absolute best possible outcome. That's if the handheld-only kids actually end up getting one.

Judging by their sales data, selling 100 million consoles is the only way for them to break even.

I really doubt so.
Nintendo almost always made a profit on their consoles, and the switch is far from being a high-tech machine.

Nah I think I'll stick to my hacked 3ds and buy a raspberry Pi and load it with emulators instead.

Since nintendo can't even get that right and secure their older fanbase. They could have a lot more potential. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I hope it sells well. I think micro consoles are perfect for Nintendo

Even with a 3ds-tier price cut I can't see it selling that well. Maybe if the Japanese really like the thing, I could see it hitting 60 million

They'll be lucky to sell half that.

i am betting on it.

Obviously the price it's going to drop at some point

Since the switch is based on a android system, do you think it will be emulated rapidly?

They won't even sell 20 million of them.
Nintendo is clearly run by retards. Recall Iwata said that they were expecting the Wiiu to sell like 10 million it's first year!

And it sits at 13 million it's entire run.

If the PS4 just recently passed 54 million units sold, then the Switch never will.

And I want to be a billionaire

wii u price never dropped though

Then you bet the wrong way, hombré. Sell now, buy when the press outlets start dropping bombs next month.

>sandwiched between stronger consoles, PC and mobile phones and tablets with cheaper games

Let's see try to beat the xbone first. Or try to break 4-5million this year.

whats the story in that pic?

Why don't nintendo and sony work together? Nintendo knows that their most valuable asset are their IPs, therefore they get away with lots of shit when selling hardware. Sony on the otherhand understands marketing like no other and also sells somewhat decent hardware. Also nintendo seems to do way better in the handheld department while sonys home consoles sell like hotcakes. Their target audiences don't really overlap that much but they could both greatly benefit from each other.

Bunch of black people tried to mug a white girl and she kicked all their asses.

Nigga, you gonna get hosed. Price is heading back to $15

>micro
>need a fucking case for it
>need to put that case in a backpack or something

Just buy cargo pants, faggot.

Black people with too much free time.

They originally were going to work together, research the Playstation 1 story, Nintendo fucked them in the ass, made the CDi which sucked dick and Sony made the playstation which was a success.

The point is, their business relationship is bad now so they won't work together again for like half a century

Did they even make 100 million units?

>handheld-only kids actually end up getting one.
Nintendo's core demographic is 25+ just a 2-4 years ago. 19-24 is right behind but they are also on the 25+ bracket now. Kids are a low percentage compared to those two.

Nintendo is literally running on nostalgia and nothing else.

>I gotta buy new pants for this handheld

I guess I should be glad Nintendo doesn't make their own brand of pants.

>they live in their own fantasy land

nothing new really

It will probably hit 30M and that's it.

>Iwata wanted 100M WiiUs sold

They're fucked

even the ps4 wont sell 100M

I do believe the Switch will sell better than Wii U. Better than the Gamecube? I'm not sure but we can only hope.

>CEO says "It may"
>NINTENDO WANTS

Stop doing that

I have no hope in this console hybrid trash. I don't expect it to do Wii numbers not by long shot, but at the same time this can't do worse than the Wii U did.

They're retarded and delusional as ever. They really need some new blood over there that hasn't had their head in the sand for the past ten years.

So this is how Nintendo becomes a 3rd party for Sony

if it was $199 they would have a chance

but no. it's a portable wiiU with 1 game for the next several months.

>make a Pokémon Stars bundle, priced $249

That's literally all they have to do.
Why aren't they doing it?

If they release animal crossing to sell to japan and pokemon worldwide maaaaaybe

What the Switch is essentially is one of those Android home tv systems. Except without the Android and you can take it on the go. I think it's a good niche for Nintendo because it's a largely non competitive market for gaming and they tend to target cheaper hardware. Plus Nintendo brings actually compelling software compared to typical. Android based micro consoles. Who knows, if the Switch takes off we might have another industry on our hands

>if the Switch takes off we might have another industry on our hands
LOL

>may
>want

they have like 40M projections for 2020.
they just would like to sell more.

It will be 20 million at best. Thats still a 7 million improvement over the WiiU

100million in a lifetime of the system not several months.

It depends but I don't think 100mill Is obtainable. Maybe if they release enough quality content. Anyone know how well the GBA sold?

I enjoy my switch, think in time it will get better. Don't like zelda so been playing fast rmx. It's good.

yeah and i want a 5

It did during Black Friday technically

>tfw Smash/Splat bundle for $250

>100 million Switch units
Isn't that like 10x as much as the Wii U sold?

>We wan to serr wan hundred meerion Switches
>But arr we have is Zeruda

For that nintendo would have to be competent silly user.